20 Dollars for the DLC !

Pottercito_

I will start my platinum journey for this game since I bought it and I have never opened it :D. I want to go or the 100% completion of the game. I searched for the DLC and I was surprised after seeing its price. 20 dollars for a DLC. Can someone tell me how many hours can the DLC take? Is it really good? Does this DLC deserves this price?

I've only played so much of it, but I'm also pretty slow and like to take my time.. I believe I've spent around 4 hours on it so far, but I'm not sure how close I am to completing it; I've earned 3 out of the 6 trophies. Really up to you whether you believe it's worth it or not... the new equipment is always nice to have. Personally I find it rather enjoyable.

I was exactly the same when I saw it was £16 for only 6 trophies but I'll get it just so I can get 100%.

Now I have seen it all. Someone judging a game/add-on's value based on trophy count. Citadel for Mass Effect 3 only has 9 trophies and costs $15, but has a shit ton of content and has a story length that puts most games to shame these days - nearly 8 hours.

If you know your way through the DLC it can take only about 3-4 hrs at max, if you explore it or have any issues with bosses it can take quite a bit longer.

It adds 5-6 bosses I believe and a new set of weapons.

It's worth the money if you like the game enough. Yet I will warn you that it is not easy to beat like the OG game is. It's a whole new difficulty scale.

Now I have seen it all. Someone judging a game/add-on's value based on trophy count. Citadel for Mass Effect 3 only has 9 trophies and costs $15, but has a shit ton of content and has a story length that puts most games to shame these days - nearly 8 hours.

If you're unfamiliar with a game the trophy count of DLC can sometimes be an indicator of how long it is. For expensive DLC, approaching 8 hours of content is average.

Edited by Asvinia

If you're unfamiliar with a game the trophy count of DLC can sometimes be an indicator of how long it is. For expensive DLC, approaching 8 hours of content is average.

Huh! What kind of logic is this? Trophies have nothing to do with the amount of content or game length.

$15-20 is almost the norm for additional content anymore. I saw where someone said earlier that Bloodborne's DLC is about 4-6 hours and I feel like that's really cutting it close. That's using a guide, one cycling bosses, not being invaded and whatever else that a non-existent perfect run would entail. I think 12-15 hours is a more realistic timeframe and that includes exploration and trial and error for situations that we all know these games need.

I didn't enjoy the DLC as much as the vanilla game, but I still think it's $20 well spent. It was a quality addition that added story/lore, new weapons and, of course, about a dozen more hours of gameplay.

You're lucky, dude. PSN at my region has Old hunter's priced at 1664 Indian Rupee which is roughly $25 (and that's exorbitant by Indian standards).

Yes, I have the DLC but I didn't buy it at that price, I instead waited for a DLC deal on PSN store and bought it for half the price. You'd take time completing the game, assuming, you play legit (solo boss fights and solo-dungeons), in the meantime, hope for a deal to come up just for DLC's, I am quite certain, you'd find it there.

I don't know what country you're from but I am sure in countries like US, UK, Germany, Japan etc,. you have a trade-in option, you can perhaps use this feature to exchange your legacy copy with a GOTY edition, that'll be cost-saving, in the event you can't wait for a DLC deal.

Anyway, all the best, Hunter! (Y)

Edit: I skipped the most important part of your post..the questions..lol

So to answer that, yeah, it is worth it if you like a challenge, the difficulty, for some odd reason, was scaled up in the DLC compared to the main/vanilla game. No wonder, I didn't go past just the initial area, the infected animals are so freaking deadly and add those NPC enemies who wield their long chains to it and you are sure up for a challenge.

Edited by dev2610

Huh! What kind of logic is this? Trophies have nothing to do with the amount of content or game length.

$15-20 is almost the norm for additional content anymore. I saw where someone said earlier that Bloodborne's DLC is about 4-6 hours and I feel like that's really cutting it close. That's using a guide, one cycling bosses, not being invaded and whatever else that a non-existent perfect run would entail. I think 12-15 hours is a more realistic timeframe and that includes exploration and trial and error for situations that we all know these games need.

I didn't enjoy the DLC as much as the vanilla game, but I still think it's $20 well spent. It was a quality addition that added story/lore, new weapons and, of course, about a dozen more hours of gameplay.

Your time frame is completely unrealistic 4-6 is definitely more accurate I had little trouble with all the bosses except the first and last, even then I only I died a about 3 or so times before I caught on to their patterns and beat them. That being said I enjoyed the dlc a lot and would recommend it to anyone who is enjoying the game, some of the new weapons are really cool and fun to play with and I believe there was an extra blood rock in the dlc but I'm not 100% sure about that.

You're lucky, dude. PSN at my region has Old hunter's priced at 1664 Indian Rupee which is roughly $25 (and that's exorbitant by Indian standards).

Yes, I have the DLC but I didn't buy it at that price, I instead waited for a DLC deal on PSN store and bought it for half the price. You'd take time completing the game, assuming, you play legit (solo boss fights and solo-dungeons), in the meantime, hope for a deal to come up just for DLC's, I am quite certain, you'd find it there.

I don't know what country you're from but I am sure in countries like US, UK, Germany, Japan etc,. you have a trade-in option, you can perhaps use this feature to exchange your legacy copy with a GOTY edition, that'll be cost-saving, in the event you can't wait for a DLC deal.

Anyway, all the best, Hunter! (Y)

Edit: I skipped the most important part of your post..the questions..lol

So to answer that, yeah, it is worth it if you like a challenge, the difficulty, for some odd reason, was scaled up in the DLC compared to the main/vanilla game. No wonder, I didn't go past just the initial area, the infected animals are so freaking deadly and add those NPC enemies who wield their long chains to it and you are sure up for a challenge.

How is solo legit and co-op not?

..co-op...

Following our my views on it:

1.If the co-op'ing is to have fun, maybe do PVP, invade and other stuff, makes sense. That is always legit and fair play and,

2. If you are stuck at a really tough boss and can't progress unless that boss is defeated and seeks help just to defeat the boss, co-op is definitely legit

However,

The moment one starts to co-op for the sole purpose of getting all the trophies done and wrap up the game real fast, is, in my opinion, just to add to the trophy cabinet, Did the person feel how the game is? I doubt it.

Just how I see the whole co-op thing.

Again, it is my opinion and everyone is to his/her own.

• Like 1

Your time frame is completely unrealistic 4-6 is definitely more accurate I had little trouble with all the bosses except the first and last, even then I only I died a about 3 or so times before I caught on to their patterns and beat them. That being said I enjoyed the dlc a lot and would recommend it to anyone who is enjoying the game, some of the new weapons are really cool and fun to play with and I believe there was an extra blood rock in the dlc but I'm not 100% sure about that.

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3607-Bloodborne-The-Old-Hunters-DLC-Trophy-Guide

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-old-hunters/282773-bloodborne-old-hunters-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

It's been a while since I've played it, but I don't remember it being that short. Both guides linked provide times more in line with my original estimate. Could just be that I take souls games slower than most.

Lol

To stay on topic: I would say it's worth the price. I probably spent a good.. 6 hours in the DLC? Not including playing it in my friends world to also help him. If you're heavily into lore and story, then the DLC is rich with it, definitely a very interesting piece to learn about. It gives new weapons and clothes that you can wear in main game, the trophies themselves are easy. Killing main/optional bosses. Obtaining all weapons, (only what,10 of them?). I 100%'d the DLC and was pleased with it. Though, I did buy the GOTY edition as it was £50, and vanilla brand new was still £45

There is no GOTY or The Old Hunter Edition for NA but so far I haven't seen anyone said that it's not worth the price, especially if you like the Souls series

More weapons, more bosses, more pieces of lore, what else would you want from a DLC of this type of games.

Edited by PliskinCobra

I think it took me like 4 hours total excluding breaks.

It really depends on how good you are at the game, since the final boss in the DLC is harder than anything else in the game. (Except maybe Defiled Amygdala/Watchdog. Dunno)

hmm  i never found the kos ophan hard at all tbh. did him in 1 try at pretty much record speed :).   but then again personal opinion and playstyle makes him hard or easy :)

I thought the DLC length itself was a little shorter than I wished, beat it in about 6 or so hours, but it is very dense. It also offered some of my favorite boss fights in the entire SoulsBorne franchise, such as [Ludwig, the Holy Blade] and [Maria of the Astral Clocktower]*. It also doubles the amount of weapons too, something that was very welcome since weapon variety was severely lacking in the base game. Some of those weapons are downright epic too. There's a lot of lore explanation too, if you're interested in that, which I was. I personally found it worth it, especially since I like to go through multiple playthroughs, so I got my money's worth.

*words in [    ] are in white text for make-shift spoiler tags :)

I'm not purely judging it on that, I was just saying that I would have expected a few more for that money. But I guess with the fallout 4 dlc you only get a few trophies each time but it adds a good amount of content. I do also really enjoy bloodborne, another reason why I will be getting the dlc. Sorry if it seemed that I only care about the trophies, I just didn't expect the dlc to be that much.

hmm  i never found the kos ophan hard at all tbh. did him in 1 try at pretty much record speed :).   but then again personal opinion and playstyle makes him hard or easy :)

Heh, well, I'm probably scrub compared to you. <3

Just kidding. I didn't play the game for like 8 months after I platinumed it, and then dived straight into the DLC. Probably being rusty is what made it a little harder than it should've been lol

$20 for a DLC!? Better make me a god damned sandwich too at that price.

... and a good one at that, with all trimmings and shit on the side, one of those sandwiches that when you bite in, it squirts bbq sauce and tomato-bits all over your entourage :D

• Like 2