KOF XIV Trophy Discussion

Dead Weight

King of Fighters XIV and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the same day... I couldn't be happier! I am so excited for this. KoF is my all time favorite fighter!

The trophies certainly look easier than KoF XIII. The only trophy I see that might pose a problem will be clearing 100 trials if the trials will be as strict as they were in KoF XIII. Even then, you only need to clear 100 compared to 200. Winning 10 consecutive matches will take some skill, but I am sure people will boost it. 

• Like 1

the trophies seem pretty standard for fighting games. 10 consecutive wins may give some people trouble and I also wonder how many trials there will be.

Trophy tiles are boring though

That 10 consecutive wins one looks tough. I can never do those ones. Edited by andyscout

How does the rank system work? You lose and you rank down? If so, that trohy about Rank 11 is the same bullshit as SFV? Aka the platinum breaker?

Also how one would boost 10 ranked wins in a row, don't think it's boostable. If there is a strategy ala MK9/X/XL to use a savegame cool, but doubt there is, as it is more due to particular programming for the MK games. Most likely you won't find your partner etc.

I'm excited about it and probably will get it but just like SFV this will be a 90%-95% at the end.

Bleh...goddamn boring trophy icons. It looks fairly easy compared to 13. Hopefully the trials are hard as fuck. I also hope the net code is good so there's actually traffic online. KoF is notorious for having shitty net code.

That's a bold assumption. Earning all of the titles could mean that you actually have to complete all of the trials this time around, or something ridiculous online. The trials in XIII were fairly difficult, in fact they are arguably some of the toughest. The plat would have been much rarer if you had to do them all. I'm waiting to rate the difficulty until I know what the titles consist of.

Edited by Brawler

That's a bold assumption. Earning all of the titles could mean that you actually have to complete all of the trials this time around, or something ridiculous online. The trials in XIII were fairly difficult, in fact they are arguably some of the toughest. The plat would have been much rarer if you had to do them all. I'm waiting to rate the difficulty until I know what the titles consist of.

Nah...nothing bold about it. Just at a glance, it does look easier. Compare the requirements to 13. Just the online alone is way easier. However, I do hope you're right about the titles holding something sinister. 

Dunno what it is, but I love seeing fighting games make people struggle to plat it. There are way too many games out there that just hand over plats for playing the game.

Nah...nothing bold about it. Just at a glance, it does look easier. Compare the requirements to 13. Just the online alone is way easier. However, I do hope you're right about the titles holding something sinister. 

Dunno what it is, but I love seeing fighting games make people struggle to plat it. There are way too many games out there that just hand over plats for playing the game.

If you want a real challenge, competitive play is the way to go. That's often much harder than trophies ever are. I enjoy a difficult plat from time to time but I can't say I hope this one is obnoxious. Especially when the titles could be something "sinister" like Dead or Alive 5 where you needed 3,000 matches per character. If you had to earn all of those titles it would've been obnoxious. Even if the plat is hard, nobody really values that quite like being dominant online.

That's something that SFV made me appreciate while going for those trophies. Made me realize that even "hard" plats don't necessarily mean you're all that good at something. That said, I'm not as much of a difficulty enthusiast as I used to be so it's only natural I wouldn't feel the same. You bring up a very good point in your prior post in regards to the netcode, though. The past few games they've put out were slouching in that department, I really hope they figured it out this time.

EDIT: Just saw DPatriots video. Wow, those definitely aren't nearly as intimidating as XIII lmao.

Edited by Brawler

*snip*

I know that more than anybody. I have yet to have a decent challenge from anyone off this site that has plat either USF4 or Injustice. Hammering out trials is just a matter of tenacity. Implimenting them in a real time match is something completely different. 

SF5 is 1/2 assed garbage money grab on capcom's part. I'll have nothing to do with it. 

Speaking of, my views on SF5 and KoF14 is just conjecture on my part considering I don't have a ps4.

:P

Made me realize that even "hard" plats don't necessarily mean you're all that good at something.

In reality no plat means you are "really good" at any game. Pro gamers, hell, even your neighbour next door who has a job but rekts everybody online at some given game, don't give a shit about plats, and sometimes, that's what leaderboards are for.

That's, MHO.

Whether it's completing 200 trials in XIII or 100 in XIV, it's basically impossible at my skill level. Regardless seeing the list gets me so excited for a new KOF!! My favorite fighting series!

I'm pretty bad at 2d fighters but getting the 100 trials trophy was fairly easy for me. Some are tricky but I was able to do all 5 trials with several of the characters. Don't think I could do ALL of them if that's required for a title though.

As for no platinum meaning you are really good at a game, that might hold true for fighters but I would have to say platting something like a Ninja Gaiden game requires you to be "really good" at it.

Edited by Killbomb

What are you guys doing for the trials, I was barely able to complete the first one for one character, do you just spam the combos one after the other not even thinking about it, like you start and then keep going regardless of what's going on the screen?

I found myself watching the moves required at the top of the screen more than I was watching the fighters. I tried to get at least 2 done per character but if you're struggling just move on since some characters are a lot easier than others so you can make up ground if you were only able to do one or none with somebody.

Ok man thanks. Are using a stick btw? I found the Hori FC4 I own, is faster on response than wireless (e.g with DS4 I wasn't able to get the trial done not even get it to get to second combo on a character, plug in the FC4, bingo), but I'm starting to think if in the end sticks are the way to go since pros play that and fighting games are more geared towards competitiveness.

• 1 month later...