Tips/Online Help Needed

MosesRockefeller

I need some help with a few pacts, specifically IX-2, Serpentine Forest Lurkers and X-1, Ruined Griffin and I thought I'd post here to get some tips from the pros. If I can conquer these pacts (and the pacts that are unlocked by sacrificing/saving the Archfiends in these two pacts), I will get my Platinum. I know, I know, everybody struggles with that IX-2. I tried doing the "vacuum bomb" trick posted on Youtube but I can't get it to hurt either of the Illecebras enough to make a difference. One problem is that I don't have the Resolute Sigil. I see that I'm missing Cerberus SE+ and Cerberus LE+ essences; I only have the regular SE and LE ones. Can I get those by farming Cerberus sacrifice/saves? If so, are any pacts better than others for that? Although a stone shield works pretty well at knocking him down, I'd prefer to fight him in easier pacts for my sanity's sake. Although if later pacts have a better chance of getting Plus essences, then I guess I should do that. 

I will post some screenshots to show what I have equipped to help with suggestions. 

I have tried going online but my random attempts were bad experiences. Things started out well enough but I got disconnected before being in-mission very long. I also only saw one or two games being played so I had to create my own match for IX-2, and it took a while before anyone showed up. I could try a planned gaming session but I am worried about being out of practice in the game (my last trophy in the game is from almost a year ago) and not being much help to the team. I keep putting the game aside because of these pacts and then eventually trying again, but so far I haven't had any luck. 

As for X-1, the combo of the Phoenix and the Griffin is too much for me. I usually end up getting killed pretty quickly, and my AI sidekicks get downed REALLY quickly. I'm not a fan of the flying enemies, it seems like I can never focus on them to do much damage. Eggs are too slow and usually miss; throwing weapons work but do too little damage (and also run out of charges quickly compared to their damage output). 

Any suggestions? 

I have tried going online but my random attempts were bad experiences. Things started out well enough but I got disconnected before being in-mission very long

Any suggestions? 

I had the same problem. Turns out my 10 year old router just wasn't up to snuff. Swapping it with a new router fixed my disconnection issues in this game and in another Vita game. I even had DMZ turned on for my Vita and would still get disconnects sitting about 10-15 feet away from the router.

I also couldn't complete those missions on my own, no matter what I did. The AI in vanilla Soul Sacrifice are nearly worthless when it comes to those missions. To be honest, I'd suggest posting in your status and asking for someone to help with Soul Sacrifice. I had a tried several gaming sessions for those missions and couldn't get a group coordinated to get it done, but found someone by posting in my status. An experienced player will be 100x more helpful than any AI's you have.

Okay, here I am :D

That's a lot of a questions you have there =D Anyway, it does seem you are missing the required Sigil, that is why the strategy did not work.

That Sigil is absolutely necessary for the plan to work (btw, it's super fun to actually play with it normally xD) so I shall start answering from there.

Can I get those by farming Cerberus sacrifice/saves? 

Yes, exactly. You get Essences for defeating of archfiends/minions and sacrificing/saving them. 

Although a stone shield works pretty well at knocking him down, I'd prefer to fight him in easier pacts for my sanity's sake. Although if later pacts have a better chance of getting Plus essences, then I guess I should do that. 

This may not sound pleasant but yes, higher pacts = higher essences. =D

Though, you don't want to go for 10s as they have biggest chance of dropping SE/LE ++ which is not what you want.

For +s, you should go for 7 or 8 difficulty pacts. It's been almost 3 years since I played vanilla so I don't exactly remember which pacts are available and which are not, that's why 2 possibilities.

Kero-chan isn't that tough. You should have enough stone spells to abuse them =D

By the way, a question, are you using armor offerings? (those ring-like) If you bring the correct element armor, it raises your chances of winning exponentially.

And I hope you are abusing Golems, they are the most broken offerings for bosses =D

I have tried going online but my random attempts were bad experiences. Things started out well enough but I got disconnected before being in-mission very long. I also only saw one or two games being played so I had to create my own match for IX-2, and it took a while before anyone showed up. I could try a planned gaming session but I am worried about being out of practice in the game (my last trophy in the game is from almost a year ago) and not being much help to the team. I keep putting the game aside because of these pacts and then eventually trying again, but so far I haven't had any luck. 

I'm sure that won't be the case. If people join your session and you set the exact pact, I'm sure it would be because they have the same problems.

As for X-1, the combo of the Phoenix and the Griffin is too much for me. I usually end up getting killed pretty quickly, and my AI sidekicks get downed REALLY quickly. I'm not a fan of the flying enemies, it seems like I can never focus on them to do much damage. Eggs are too slow and usually miss; throwing weapons work but do too little damage (and also run out of charges quickly compared to their damage output). 

Yea, flying archfiends are pretty crappy. What you want to do is not using Eggs (they are pointless, seriously pointless, I don't think I have ever used them) but upgrading the Thorns to the max and simply spam them. If you set up raise *insert specific ailment* to your hand, the thorns should quickly inflict such ailment and then you can use the corresponding super effective element spell to do chain damage.

I had the same problem. Turns out my 10 year old router just wasn't up to snuff. Swapping it with a new router fixed my disconnection issues in this game and in another Vita game. I even had DMZ turned on for my Vita and would still get disconnects sitting about 10-15 feet away from the router.

I also couldn't complete those missions on my own, no matter what I did. The AI in vanilla Soul Sacrifice are nearly worthless when it comes to those missions. To be honest, I'd suggest posting in your status and asking for someone to help with Soul Sacrifice. I had a tried several gaming sessions for those missions and couldn't get a group coordinated to get it done, but found someone by posting in my status. An experienced player will be 100x more helpful than any AI's you have.

Thanks. I did discover that doing it solo without AI help is better in many pacts, because AI backup or other players increases the Archfiend difficulty.

Thanks for the tips. I don't think my router is an issue, because Vita game downloads work just fine from start to finish, and other online games work okay. It's worth looking into though.

Okay, here I am :D

That's a lot of a questions you have there =D Anyway, it does seem you are missing the required Sigil, that is why the strategy did not work.

That Sigil is absolutely necessary for the plan to work (btw, it's super fun to actually play with it normally xD) so I shall start answering from there.

I like to throw out lots of questions. ;)

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm posting from my phone but I'll add more detail later. I did see Cerberus is in a 6-star pact and a 8-star pact so I'll grind the 8-star one. I do have stone weapons, stone ring armor, and a stone shield so I should be good. I didn't have too much trouble fighting him in the past.

Yes, exactly. You get Essences for defeating of archfiends/minions and sacrificing/saving them.

This may not sound pleasant but yes, higher pacts = higher essences. =D

Though, you don't want to go for 10s as they have biggest chance of dropping SE/LE ++ which is not what you want.

For +s, you should go for 7 or 8 difficulty pacts. It's been almost 3 years since I played vanilla so I don't exactly remember which pacts are available and which are not, that's why 2 possibilities.

Kero-chan isn't that tough. You should have enough stone spells to abuse them =D

By the way, a question, are you using armor offerings? (those ring-like) If you bring the correct element armor, it raises your chances of winning exponentially.

And I hope you are abusing Golems, they are the most broken offerings for bosses =D

I do typically use golems but I find them less helpful on fast-moving Archfiends like Cerberus and Illecebra. Anyway, Cerberus is easy enough to block with the shield so I don't really need a golem in his case.

Yea, flying archfiends are pretty crappy. What you want to do is not using Eggs (they are pointless, seriously pointless, I don't think I have ever used them) but upgrading the Thorns to the max and simply spam them. If you set up raise *insert specific ailment* to your hand, the thorns should quickly inflict such ailment and then you can use the corresponding super effective element spell to do chain damage.

What offerings are you referring to by "thorns"? I'm not seeing that category and I wasn't sure which ones you meant.

One other question, did you start Delta from scratch or import your SS vanilla save? I kind of want to experience Delta from scratch but I don't have definitive info on what gets skipped by importing.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Here is my current level: 

PS_Messages_20160816_105234.jpg
I was trying it with level 99/1 but I got some more "Save" levels to bring my health up a bit. 

Here are my sigils: 

PS_Messages_20160816_105230.jpg
I will switch out my Palm sigil when I get the Resolute one.

Here is my vacuum offering:

PS_Messages_20160816_105255.jpg

Here is my bomb offering:

PS_Messages_20160816_105259.jpg

I even have an attack increase fruit tree for good measure:

PS_Messages_20160816_105303.jpg

As you can see, I have all 3 of those leveled up to the max. My other offerings are a golem and bombs, mostly for when I was experimenting with trying this the normal way when I couldn't get the bombs to do enough damage. 

By thorns he means the throw offerings.

If you can get online now right now I can try to help you clear the pacts you need.

Oh okay, I think I do have some maxed-out Throw offerings. They do work, they just don't seem to do much damage. 

Thank you for the offer of assistance, but I'm on EST and I was still at work when I posted that. I am home now though. Feel free to message me or add me as a friend, my PSN name is the same as my name here. 

One other question, did you start Delta from scratch or import your SS vanilla save? I kind of want to experience Delta from scratch but I don't have definitive info on what gets skipped by importing.

I imported SS save. 

What gets skipped is... everything you did in vanilla =D The complete Magusar story (you still need to defeat his final boss form to get the trophy), Avalon and Sanctuary entrance pacts and... that's probably all. Simply as I said, what you did in vanilla.

The guide here mentions what pops up if you import the save.

Also, you can only bring 10 out of each offering with you so if you decide to import the save, be sure to first fuse all redundant offerings.

Oh okay, I think I do have some maxed-out Throw offerings. They do work, they just don't seem to do much damage. 

They are still more worth than Eggs =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I imported SS save. 

What gets skipped is... everything you did in vanilla =D The complete Magusar story (you still need to defeat his final boss form to get the trophy), Avalon and Sanctuary entrance pacts and... that's probably all. Simply as I said, what you did in vanilla.

The guide here mentions what pops up if you import the save.

Also, you can only bring 10 out of each offering with you so if you decide to import the save, be sure to first fuse all redundant offerings.

I had only seen the PS3Trophies guide, but the one here is very thorough on what importing does. Thanks for that tip. The guide does say the story has been "enhanced" in Delta so I'm wondering what that means. I guess the story can always be played through again after importing.

They are still more worth than Eggs =D

It's weird, a lot of tips swear by Eggs. On paper they do a lot of damage. But like you, I've never had much luck with them.

I launched Soul Sacrifice this morning and discovered that the level 8 pact with Cerberus is locked due to me closing the path to it form a previous quest. If only I had Saved first, then Sacrificed the Cyclops in the previous pact. Now I'm trying to fight the Cyclops again and he's kicking my ass. I forgot how annoying they are. I'll get him but it will take multiple attempts.

I had only seen the PS3Trophies guide, but the one here is very thorough on what importing does. Thanks for that tip. The guide does say the story has been "enhanced" in Delta so I'm wondering what that means. I guess the story can always be played through again after importing.

Additional pacts and the Grim faction (best one xD), that's what the enhancement most likely means =)

I launched Soul Sacrifice this morning and discovered that the level 8 pact with Cerberus is locked due to me closing the path to it form a previous quest. If only I had Saved first, then Sacrificed the Cyclops in the previous pact. Now I'm trying to fight the Cyclops again and he's kicking my ass. I forgot how annoying they are. I'll get him but it will take multiple attempts.

Yea, Cyclops is ultra annoying, especially when he gets underground. The best course of action is randomly running around.

It's weird, a lot of tips swear by Eggs. On paper they do a lot of damage. But like you, I've never had much luck with them.

When I say enhanced in the guide what I mean is that some of the story missions have little after fight cutscenes. Plus Grim faction, adding all the DLC monsters to the story and the new ending to the story.

Eggs are stronger/ more useful in Delta due to throw offerings being nerfed.

Edited by soultaker655

When I say enhanced in the guide what I mean is that some of the story missions have little after fight cutscenes. Plus Grim faction, adding all the DLC monsters to the story and the new ending to the story.

Eggs are stronger/ more useful in Delta due to throw offerings being nerfed.

Cool, thanks for the info. I could still see the cutscenes by replaying the missions after importing, right? I know in vanilla Soul Sacrifice you can just scroll the book around and read everything that happens before and after the mission, plus see the in-mission content by replaying pacts. Does the new ending come up when fighting Magusar?

I have to say I expected his fight to be tougher, but he was a piece of cake compared to the tougher Archfiends in vanilla Soul Sacrifice.

Cool, thanks for the info. I could still see the cutscenes by replaying the missions after importing, right? I know in vanilla Soul Sacrifice you can just scroll the book around and read everything that happens before and after the mission, plus see the in-mission content by replaying pacts. Does the new ending come up when fighting Magusar?

I have to say I expected his fight to be tougher, but he was a piece of cake compared to the tougher Archfiends in vanilla Soul Sacrifice.

Yes all the cutscenes will pop up by replaying the missions. No you have to play through all the new story content to see the new ending. 

Yes all the cutscenes will pop up by replaying the missions. No you have to play through all the new story content to see the new ending. 

Doh, it might help if I read the guide first. :)

I see the new ending is from playing the post-"Magusar fight" missions. It makes sense now. So I don't see any reason not to import, which is cool. I'm thinking that replaying the original story missions is a good idea anyway to get some of the new items and pact rewards. 

Well, I have completed the first of 3 "preparation" steps for attempting to beat IX-2. I finally beat the Cyclops and sacrificed him in VIII-5, so that I was able to open up the path to VIII-6 to fight the Cerberus. When I first went through Sequence VIII, I sacrificed that Cyclops first to open up that path, then I replayed it and saved him to open the other path (which locked me out of the Cerberus fight). So I had to go back and sacrifice that Cyclops again in order to open up the Cerberus fight again. Whew! Anyway, I did notice that I got a Cyclops SE++ after beating it, so I wonder if I need to go for a lower difficulty Cerberus fight to get Cerberus SE+ and LE+? Hopefully difficulty 8 pacts have a chance for both + and ++ essences. That Cyclops was a pain, I kept tossing out my max-level Fire Golem (Flamefiend Blood, the type that spits fire instead of just using its fists), and it still took 15+ minutes to wear the Cyclops down. In between I was dodging his attacks, the Orcs (only a Japanese game would have a giant cat and call it an Orc :lol:, and yes I know they are mutated cats but they could have picked a different name than "Orc"), and reviving my AI partners so they could revive me when I was knocked out. There doesn't seem to be a way to block the spinning Cyclops spiked-body attack. I thought a shield would work but it does nothing. Sometimes that attack is difficult to dodge, just like the underground spear thrust. 

Next up, Cerberus grinding to get those two essences I need... hopefully I won't have as much trouble with him and hopefully I won't have to fight him a zillion times. Then I can finally try to tackle the twin Illecebras again. At least the grinding will get me lots of Lacrima (I laughed at the Delta import max of 10,000 since I have about 20 right now - that's twenty, not twenty thousand) that I can use with the duplication "bug" to max out all my Throw offerings to help with X-1. I know a few of them are not max level. 

Anyway, I do have a couple more questions about the Delta import. When it says 10 of each offering will import, does that mean 10 from each category (e.g. 10 Golems, 10 Throw offerings, 10 Weapon offerings, etc.) or 10 from each offering type within a category (e.g. 10 Fire Golems, 10 Venom Golems, etc.). Also, if you have more than 10 does Delta default to the highest powered ones, or does it let you choose which to keep? Do you get anything from the lost offerings, like extra Lacrima? One other thing, the SS Wiki mentions a Stone golem type, Rockfiend Heart/Blood but it doesn't have page entries for that type. Is that a Delta-only offering? I only have recipes for the 4 other elements for the Summon category, but for most others (Weapon, Throw), I have recipes for all 5. 

Anyway, I do have a couple more questions about the Delta import. When it says 10 of each offering will import, does that mean 10 from each category (e.g. 10 Golems, 10 Throw offerings, 10 Weapon offerings, etc.) or 10 from each offering type within a category (e.g. 10 Fire Golems, 10 Venom Golems, etc.). Also, if you have more than 10 does Delta default to the highest powered ones, or does it let you choose which to keep? Do you get anything from the lost offerings, like extra Lacrima? One other thing, the SS Wiki mentions a Stone golem type, Rockfiend Heart/Blood but it doesn't have page entries for that type. Is that a Delta-only offering? I only have recipes for the 4 other elements for the Summon category, but for most others (Weapon, Throw), I have recipes for all 5. 

It means 10 of each offering (10 bronze fire throws, 10 silver fire throws, and 10 gold fire throws). If you have more then 10 the extra just disappear.  Stone golem is Delta-only.

Before you import to Delta try to get the bronze offerings of all dlc Archfiends because they are kind of hard to get in Delta.

It means 10 of each offering (10 bronze fire throws, 10 silver fire throws, and 10 gold fire throws). If you have more then 10 the extra just disappear.  Stone golem is Delta-only.

Before you import to Delta try to get the bronze offerings of all dlc Archfiends because they are kind of hard to get in Delta.

Thanks for the extra info and tips, and thanks for writing the guide for Delta. I'll keep it open in a Chrome tab the whole time I'm playing, I'm sure. :)

Since NEAR is now pretty much dead, does that negatively affect Delta at all? The guide mentions Cassus in the Bazaar Ledger. 

Thanks for the extra info and tips, and thanks for writing the guide for Delta. I'll keep it open in a Chrome tab the whole time I'm playing, I'm sure. :)

Since NEAR is now pretty much dead, does that negatively affect Delta at all? The guide mentions Cassus in the Bazaar Ledger. 

No Near being dead does not affect Delta that much. The only thing you missed were the events, but they stop doing those 6 months after the game was released. 

My mistake, I obviously misinterpreted the Sony announcement, and since I used NEAR about 5 times in the 3+ years I've had a Vita, I filed the news under "NEAR is dead, and I don't care".

Anyway, I love my Vita (it's my favorite system between PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U) and I'll never about it's dead. Sure, I wish Sony supported it more with another Uncharted, Gravity Rush 2, etc, but I can understand that doesn't make much sense for them financially. As long as I keep getting HDN games on it, it's alive and well in my book. ;)

Edited by MosesRockefeller

My mistake, I obviously misinterpreted the Sony announcement, and since I used NEAR about 5 times in the 3+ years I've had a Vita, I filed the news under "NEAR is dead, and I don't care".

Anyway, I love my Vita (it's my favorite system between PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U) and I'll never about it's dead. Sure, I wish Sony supported it more with another Uncharted, Gravity Rush 2, etc, but I can understand that doesn't make much sense for them financially. As long as I keep getting HDN games on it, it's alive and well in my book. ;)

No need for AAA games, Japanese games are all Vita-tan needs!

Well my router isn't the problem. Last night Soultaker655 was kind enough to help me with the IX-2 pact and the game went fine. We got it on the second attempt, and in between I launched a game with a bunch of randoms. The second attempt 2 randoms joined too, and things ran smoothly each time from a connection standpoint. So that's encouraging at least. I guess my earlier experiences were flukes.

These difficulty 8+ archfiends suck with me being 10/90 though, even the "easier" ones kill me very quickly. I need to save up lacrima and re-balance my levels.