No reward for 100% on a moon?

Thommasz

Hi guys, I'm wondering whether this might be bug or exact meaning of the journal statistic (100% discoveries on PLANET). I've found everything on one of my moons and I haven't received any reward neither additional point toward number of 100% synced planets.

Is it literal planet vs. moon problem?

Any thoughts? Here is further description of my problem raised by another player: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xqopv/moon_speciesrecords_100_not_counting_bug/

Thanks for help/clarification.

Hi guys, I'm wondering whether this might be bug or exact meaning of the journal statistic (100% discoveries on PLANET). I've found everything on one of my moons and I haven't received any reward neither additional point toward number of 100% synced planets.

Is it literal planet vs. moon problem?

Any thoughts? Here is further description of my problem raised by another player: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xqopv/moon_speciesrecords_100_not_counting_bug/

Thanks for help/clarification.

I don't have the game but I would say it is a literal planet vs moon issue. A moon isn't a planet so it shouldn't count toward synced planets.

Which one did you discover first? I believe there's a glitch where all previously discovered planets are incorrectly set to 100% once you've accepted the reward for another.

I'm pretty sure I used a few moons for the 100% discovery statistic, although I never went to the planets they were orbiting.

Hi Thommasz,

It took me a while to figure this out too, there are 2 things in play.

1.) Once you have discovered all species on a planet (100%), In order to "submit" that 100% record, you need to "upload" that collection. This is separate from simply uploading a name for every species on a planet. When you have 100%, hover your pointer over the little grey box that says "100% / Upload for X Credits" youll notice it changes color tint slightly and you can hold down X on it. Doing so will actually upload the 100% collection and will count towards your Milestone for Planets with all species discovered.

2.) As MADAO mentioned there is also a glitch, it does appear to be as MADAO said, where after "submitting" a 100% discovery, any previously listed planetary discoveries get locked at "100% complete" which is unable to be submitted. Those planets cannot be submitted for completion regardless of if you discovered no species on the planets, some species, or all species (and simply didn't submit the completion yet)

So unfortunately, if you already have multiple planets at 100% and you havent submitted any yet per Step 1 above, only ONE of those would be able to submitted for credit. That said going forward, you can submit planets discovered after the fact, it's just recommended that you submit them ASAP, before discovering new planets.

As annoying as this is glitch-wise, there is kind of a countering glitch (or at least poor design) that allows you to submit planets that have zero species to begin with, and having it count as 100%. So I guess you get a bad glitch, and get a good glitch I suppose.

Also, yes moons do count towards completion records, as they are listed as "PLANETS" in your discovery list.

• Like 1

Hi Thommasz,

It took me a while to figure this out too, there are 2 things in play.

1.) Once you have discovered all species on a planet (100%), In order to "submit" that 100% record, you need to "upload" that collection. This is separate from simply uploading a name for every species on a planet. When you have 100%, hover your pointer over the little grey box that says "100% / Upload for X Credits" youll notice it changes color tint slightly and you can hold down X on it. Doing so will actually upload the 100% collection and will count towards your Milestone for Planets with all species discovered.

2.) As MADAO mentioned there is also a glitch, it does appear to be as MADAO said, where after "submitting" a 100% discovery, any previously listed planetary discoveries get locked at "100% complete" which is unable to be submitted. Those planets cannot be submitted for completion regardless of if you discovered no species on the planets, some species, or all species (and simply didn't submit the completion yet)

So unfortunately, if you already have multiple planets at 100% and you havent submitted any yet per Step 1 above, only ONE of those would be able to submitted for credit. That said going forward, you can submit planets discovered after the fact, it's just recommended that you submit them ASAP, before discovering new planets.

As annoying as this is glitch-wise, there is kind of a countering glitch (or at least poor design) that allows you to submit planets that have zero species to begin with, and having it count as 100%. So I guess you get a bad glitch, and get a good glitch I suppose.

Also, yes moons do count towards completion records, as they are listed as "PLANETS" in your discovery list.

Yeah, I didn't know about uploading whole planet (100% with 175k reward) until I was on a moon of this planet. This might cause the glitch (I was uploading in during my stay on the incomplete moon). I've also experienced the empty planet upload (I don't think it's glitch - you simply confirmed that there is no life on the planet). I'll always sync everything before I'll move to another planet.

Thanks for clarification!