First post-launch patch for No Man's Sky planned for this week, another one for next week.

Oobedoob S Benubi

Thought I'd share this but I've just received an e-mail from Hello Games (after filing a bug with them), explaining that they're planning patches for both PC and PS4, for both this and next week. Seemed like a good thing to share since this has not been posted on their site.

Many people have waited so long to play the game, and we know how frustrating it can be to have problems. We hear you, and we humbly request you to wait a bit longer as we try to get these fixes tested and rolled out soon.

A patch for both PC and PS4 will be released this week. These will fix the most urgent and critical issues for all our players. Then next week another patch for PS4 and PC will be released which will help to improve the experience further for players. We will keep you updated.

In the meantime, please find a list of the most common issues and workarounds here:
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/support/

Here's hoping for multiple hyperspace jumps without crashing!

Also, if anyone is abusing the death restart glitch, you might want to give it your last seeing as this is one of the bugs that has been reported to Hello Games a lot, it's probably also one of the bugs that's being fixed at the moment.

Note that their site includes a link to contents of a PC patch, though most of those fixes are specifically for PC problems.

• Like 1

So far since the update to v1. 04 my game has crashed a total of 5 times after or during various things including warping. Once while in the middle of warp, once right after getting out of warp, once while farming and accessing the main menu, and twice while uploading discoveries.

So far since the update to v1. 04 my game has crashed a total of 5 times after or during various things including warping. Once while in the middle of warp, once right after getting out of warp, once while farming and accessing the main menu, and twice while uploading discoveries.

That's a damn shame. Even before the update I only recall my game crashing during multi warps and trying to get out of the pause screen a second after I accidentally opened it.

That's a damn shame. Even before the update I only recall my game crashing during multi warps and trying to get out of the pause screen a second after I accidentally opened it.

The warp crashes have me befuddled because everytime I go to warp, even before the patch, I would just put the controller down on the coffee table and wait.

I ain't doing anything but staring at my tablet surfing the Web while warping...

I don't have problems warping, I've gotten 4 crashes since the patch when I press Options to go the pause menu. I've emailed them at their website and received a ticket number in response, so there's that. If you have issues, I suggest you report it at [email protected] (information that is freely available on the game's website). Multiple reports of the same thing from different people to a troubleshooting team escalates the problem in their attention.

My most recent crash not only crashed the game but crashed my entire ps4 system... Killing space pirates and then the screen went black. Waited 20 minutes, screen was still black, pressed the PS button to close the game, and it froze my system.

You know... I never had a single crash before the 1.04 patch.

My most recent crash not only crashed the game but crashed my entire ps4 system... Killing space pirates and then the screen went black. Waited 20 minutes, screen was still black, pressed the PS button to close the game, and it froze my system.

You know... I never had a single crash before the 1.04 patch.

Had one of those crashes yesterday, freezes up the PS4. And no, I can confirm there were crashes before the patch, I had two of them. Not as many as everyone is saying, but still there. I think you and I got lucky. That's the nature of patches, you fix something by breaking something else. That's the reason for posting their support inbox, the more people report it directly to them instead of in general to the wider internet, the more it helps out their team to stamp out the issues down to a manageable number.

Edited by damon8r351

Had one of those crashes yesterday, freezes up the PS4. And no, I can confirm there were crashes before the patch, I had two of them. Not as many as everyone is saying, but still there. I think you and I got lucky. That's the nature of patches, you fix something by breaking something else. That's the reason for posting their support inbox, the more people report it directly to them instead of in general to the wider internet, the more it helps out their team to stamp out the issues down to a manageable number.

Yea I didn't report anything to them save for what the PS4 does for reporting until now.

I just sent them a long email detailing all the crashes since the new patch. I normally have a lot of patience when it comes to new games especially indie games so I expect there to be release bugs and so on...

This time it really annoyed me that I had to reboot my entire system.