13 Days Till RE4, Still No Trophies

BIOHAZARD-R-US

I think we agree that OP is worked up, but I think we don't need to harp on it any longer. Not really anything that can be done otherwise until the trophy list is up.

This all the way.  Don't tell people to calm down, it's silly.  Also, not reporting a comment based on genre taste is a clear bias and is what should actually be reported.

If you look back, you can see I was not the first person to break Rule #3 here. My op was simply passionate about the trophy list, as I know many other people are. If you wanna enforce that rule on me, fine. Sorry for saying what I did, but the rule also has to be enforced on quite a few people in this thread then too. Equal standards, it's only fair.

I was also not the first person to tell someone to calm down, and it was only then that after a few other people had told me to calm down, and that one guy taking a direct jab at my trophy catalog, that I got mad. I already said I didn't know most games came out with their trophy list so close to release date. RE5 and RE6 had their trophy list out about a month before the actual release. Dead Rising had it's trophy list out just over a month before it's release. Some other big games in the past that I was looking forward to also had their list come out at least 2-3 weeks prior to release. So when I said most of the games I've seen had their lists out for awhile, it was for the games I was looking forward to. RE4 is pretty much the first or second to not have a list out so close to release.

If a mod wants to lock this thread, whatever. This thing derailed so early on I'm surprised people still even took the time to read the posts, let alone comment on it. I would lock it myself, but I can't see any way to do so.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

WHAT F*CKING GIVES??? So much speculation and very openly and loudly voiced opinions on this trophy list, and here we are just 13 days before its (digital) release for PS4, and we still don't have a trophy list. Maybe they're taking longer to release it cuz they're including a platinum and were still working on it really close to the release date? I can't remember a game that didn't have its trophy list unavailable this close to its release.

If they were still working on the game it couldn't come out in 13 days. Games are usually done 2 months ahead of release because they have to run through certification and that takes a long time.

I also wouldn't expect more or different trophies than were in the previous HD version. If there are it's a nice surprise.

If they were still working on the game it couldn't come out in 13 days. Games are usually done 2 months ahead of release because they have to run through certification and that takes a long time.

I also wouldn't expect more or different trophies than were in the previous HD version. If there are it's a nice surprise.

I think RE4's release date is August 30th, that's why he was concerned as to why it's trophies hasn't been leaked yet. I was a little bit surprised too, considering that RE6 and 5's trophy lists got leaked exactly 29 days before both of them were released on PS4 and I thought that RE4 was going to follow that trend.

I really hope they could add a Platinum this time, I mean both the REmake and RE0 got more than 40 trophies + a Plat, and RE4 has even more content than those two (although the REmake is still my favorite for being such a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre) so there's no reason for RE4 to not get a Platinum too. :(

We just have to wait and see then, I mean I hope it gets one because that would be the only reason for me to pay $20 for it again (I've already played it thousands of times), otherwise I'll just wait for a sale then.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Anybody else think it would be awesome if the developers just added /ps4 to the current ps3 list and made it shared?

I hate split lists, so pointless.

i don't see why is so pointless? i mean many players on this site buys remasters just so they can plat their favorite game again, and also if there was a possibility for RE4 to have a platinum i would prefer to see it as a separate list having a plat rather than being added to the lazy non-plat ps3 list.

• Like 2

Anybody else think it would be awesome if the developers just added /ps4 to the current ps3 list and made it shared?

Most people here want a more extensive trophy list than what was on offer with the PS3 version - so I wouldn't want that in this case at least.

• Like 1

I agree, that would be awesome. Considering how people are getting mad just because a trophy list isn't out weeks before its release, I'm pretty sure they would riot if this happened. Would be funny to watch.  xD

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

This close to release I am sure the Trophy list is finalized. Sometimes I have seen a trophy list not available to see until the day the game relases. I say we will see it within the next week.

^This. There have been times where the trophy list doesn't show up until the weekend before the Tuesday release or like snakebit said the day of. This really isnt that uncommon.

Then you wouldn't be able to cash in on trophy\achievement hunters. I have to say for myself personally this was my favorite of the series and I haven't played it since the PS2 version the trophy/plat aspect is my only reason for getting it almost 10 years later.

i don't see why is so pointless? i mean many players on this site buys remasters just so they can plat their favorite game again, and also if there was a possibility for RE4 to have a platinum i would prefer to see it as a separate list having a plat rather than being added to the lazy non-plat ps3 list.

The real laziness is developers releasing the exact same game over and over. I don't care if it has a completely different trophy list, it's the exact same game. I guarantee nobody who isn't a trophy hunter owns three copies of The Walking Dead, or multiple copies of Sound Shapes(unless they got them cross buy obviously)
  • Like 1

The real laziness is developers releasing the exact same game over and over. I don't care if it has a completely different trophy list, it's the exact same game. I guarantee nobody who isn't a trophy hunter owns three copies of The Walking Dead, or multiple copies of Sound Shapes(unless they got them cross buy obviously)

but can you blame them when this remasters are giving them money? they aren't lazy if they know they will make a lot of profit remastering their old games, knowing that we -including non-trophy hunters- will buy them, and trust me if you owned a game company you'll be doing the same knowing you'll still keep making money to pay to your employees. and in the end is not like they aren't making new games, there's no company that gives more priority to make a remaster rather than make a new game, capcom has been remastering the RE games while they are making RE7, dead rising 4, etc. naughty dog remastered the uncharted trilogy while they were developing uncharted 4. quantic dream remastered heavy rain and beyond while they are developing detroit become human, etc..

Edited by smellslikejavier

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 was burned to the discs about 4 months in advance, and they still were working on the game until about a week before the release date. If you install just the disc game without updating it, you get just the tutorial in the game. That Day 1 patch that was like 7 or 8GB was the rest of the game. 

I'm very excited for Resident Evil 4 Remastered too and honestly, the only reason why I check this site daily is to see if the list is up yet but I also kind of don't care either since I preordered and would buy the game a million more times without question - Platinum or not. Trophies are a nice extra but it isn't something you should base a purchase off of (unless you're a hardcore trophy hunter that has no life). The way you're typing about RE4 seems like you're also very excited so since you are most likely to purchase the game, either way, why are you so anxious to view the list? I don't mean to sound like a douche but, lol, it's Capcom bruh. A new list is very rare at this rate I think. If the list gets released with a Platinum feel free to quote this post and add "I told you so" but for now I'm keeping my hopes low. What RE4 really needs is new game+. Now that's an instant purchase. I would prefer new game+ and no trophies at all, to be honest.

tl;dr - I'm just as stoked for this release that I'm sure we will both be buying trophies or not. So why should it matter? No hate.

Edited by ddracarys

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 was burned to the discs about 4 months in advance, and they still were working on the game until about a week before the release date. If you install just the disc game without updating it, you get just the tutorial in the game. That Day 1 patch that was like 7 or 8GB was the rest of the game. 

Sony must have pretty low quality standards to allow that. Or it was part of their deals with Activision, who knows.

What RE4 really needs is new game+. Now that's an instant purchase. I would prefer new game+ and no trophies at all, to be honest.

Only played it on Wii, 360 and PS3, but all of these versions have NG+.

Edited by soniq

Sony must have pretty low quality standards to allow that. Or it was part of their deals with Activision, who knows.

Only played it on Wii, 360 and PS3, but all of these versions have NG+.

No, I meant NG+ as in, I finish the game on Normal and now I want to start Professional with my Normal loadout. RE4 does not currently have this feature, it only has to repeat the same playthrough / save again with the same gear which kind of sucks because then you have to start your inventory again on Professional. Which was personally my only con on the game. 

Edited by ddracarys

No, I meant NG+ as in, I finish the game on Normal and now I want to start Professional with my Normal loadout. RE4 does not currently have this feature, it only has to repeat the same playthrough / save again with the same gear which kind of sucks because then you have to start your inventory again on Professional. Which was personally my only con on the game. 

Ah, I see. I only remembered that I had to play through the game multiple times to finally get the Chicago Typewriter and that the lasergun was only available in Pro NG+.

Ah, I see. I only remembered that I had to play through the game multiple times to finally get the Chicago Typewriter and that the lasergun was only available in Pro NG+.

Haha, yeah. Well, you only really needed to finish the game on Normal and Ada's "Separate Ways" campaign to get the Chicago Typewriter unless you started on Easy which means an extra playthrough to get it. Yeah the infamous PNG 412, I found it odd how it killed every enemy in one hit except Saddler's final boss fight, though. Anyway, I had the IRL handy with me which seemed to be the only weapon that one-shot-killed him. 

Whats with the reporting? What are these violations that happened here ?

Most people here want a more extensive trophy list than what was on offer with the PS3 version - so I wouldn't want that in this case at least.

I agree with Hem's post, but this one as well, which I see as the ultimate counter/reason for separate trophy list. If list are already well developed and not broken, it should be shared. Situations like TLOU vs TLOUR are fair exceptions, alongside Uncharted Collection because of stripped MP and new modes/features the original didnt have (and different titles).

Actual identical trophy list that arent shared is a legitimately cheap way to earn more money. Its an undefendable excuse, aside from business profit. If you design the concept of sharing list because multiplat versions have the same list, how and why would you contradict it by continuing the older trend of separating list that are the same? This then makes the... recent... and... convenient... method (shared list) pointless and questionable of its existence.

I love trophies and sometimes earning trophies for a game again (non auto popping) but lets clearly be rational here and not biased. Having shared and separate concept existing at the same time contradicts each other's existence.. it simply makes no sense. (Generally, from a legitimate standpoint, why would recycled list be seperate... for SOME games, aside from taking our money? The Legend of Korra: same title [ps4 version is not a remaster] name, trophy list, and no difference between the versions aside from graphic and framerate. Why are the list not shared like Fez and DBZ: BoZ?)

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

Haha, yeah. Well, you only really needed to finish the game on Normal and Ada's "Separate Ways" campaign to get the Chicago Typewriter unless you started on Easy which means an extra playthrough to get it.

I think it costs 1.000.000 credits. Even with collecting and combining every treasure and selling all of your weapons you won't be able to buy it at the beginning of NG+.

Whats with the reporting? What are these violations that happened here ?

I think the OP just got a bit heated up about everybody else being assholes, I don't really know, though. So much controversy for a small thing, shesh. 

I think it costs 1.000.000 credits. Even with collecting and combining every treasure and selling all of your weapons you won't be able to buy it at the beginning of NG+.

I usually have a lot of PTAS left over anyway because I am very strict with how I spend it but yeah true. Forgot about that.

lol. Okay. Sure :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are some people out there who originally got TWD on PS3, loved it so much that they wanted to play it on the go so they got it on Vita, and then realized they had to get it on PS4 so their choices carry over into Season 3.

Why is it so bad that a game is on multiple consoles? Why is it so bad that they have a new trophy list? Why is it so bad that people want to replay games that they really enjoyed? The negative stigma towards stacking games is really old and annoying.

Edited by Stevieboy