Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: PS3 vs PS4 comparison

Finozzi1696

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's just hard to follow for outsiders. The only points of contact I had/have with Assassin's Creed is Liberation, Chronicles, and Black Flag. Liberation was a horrible game which I didn't like at all, Chronicles is a game I just want to play because I heard it's an untypical Creed and gives me those 80's Prince of Persia-vibes and the main reason for Black Flag was the setting. :D Don't really care for this whole meta-story (yet?)

So I'm not really allowed to have any real opinion. :P

The thing is, (spoilerfree) that in the end of AC3 something happened that "changed" the whole present-time story. After Unity and Syndicate, it seems Ubisoft doesn't know what they want to do now with the main storyline. Many people, me too, think that the end of AC3 was a mistake and harmed EVERYTHING.

Liberation was more a "spin-off" AC. It was the "little sister" of AC3. The original name of Liberation is "Assassins Creed III: Liberation". It hasn't anything to do with the story line though. It was originally for the Vita and had a sequence were you are meeting with Connor, the assassin from AC3. This sequence got ripped out of the PS3 version and became a DLC for AC4.

Chronicles, yeah, it's an actual spin-off and hasn't anything to do with AC, except that these three locations (China, India and Russia... Also Florence) got mentioned in Rogue.

Black Flag was imo awesome, but the present time story suffers because of AC3. (Black Flag is AC4). If you liked Black Flag you should play Rogue too. :) 

It's, as mentioned form others many times before, sad that AC1 and AC3 are not into the "Ezio Collection", which would make them into the "Desmond Saga", but it's okay. If you want to start with AC now the Ezio Collection is a good entry point. Also they are still one of the best games in the franchise, in my opinion. At least Brotherhood. I platinumed them last year on PS3 (Had them originally for XBox360). Brotherhood is still an amazing game.

And in the end, it depends on your personal opinion anyway. Nobody can tell you what to like or not to like. :) For example, basicly everyone was hating Unity. But people loved Syndicate because it reminds them on Brotherhood, which would be good. But, yeah, me wouldn't be me when I wouldn't have an other opinion... I found Syndicate pretty boring... But the Jack The Ripper DLC was good! ;) 

Unity was in my opinion actually okay. (I just had to turn the language back to German -- I set all my PS to English -- because Arno sounds in English really bored and sleepy. ...I liked that Syndicate sounds in English more...uhm... English. :D And Evie is sooo cool!) I mean, you also need to consider that Unity is the first AC that used a new engine. BlackFlag was still using the same engine as AC1, I guess. Unity looked sometimes a bit too cartoon-ish, but for a "new" AC "experience" it was okay. Just Paris was way too big (but, maybe it just felt like that because buildings have since PS4 a realistic size)... It felt pretty empty, but, this fact gets camouflage-d with that you need to open all treasure chests for a trophy. "Blockbuster Gamedesign"! :awesome: But, it also made the gameplay at some points better. Personally I never had this problem, but since Unity THIS shouldn't happen anymore. ;) 

ab68pKr_700b_v1.jpg

Unity even had no present time story, IIRC, but it had animus glitches, that make you time travel a bit. That was cool though.

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Hell no. I might like the settings and the story might be interesting but I really dislike the "normal" gameplay of Creed and that is the most important part for me. The stealth-mechanics somehow feel non-existent and the combats have the problem of being too much of a choreography (the same problem I have with other Action-Adventures like Batman) so it's unlikely that I will grab the collection anytime soon.

AC is no stealth game. :P It says sometimes you are not allowed to be detected, but AC guards are pretty dumb. You can walk behind them and they don't notice. You can hang above them, they don't notice. You can shoot everyone with poison darts, they don't even care, as long you are not doing noises, like with your hidden gun.

7 hours ago, Pavani_ said:

I don't love Revelations because i didn't enjoy some of the new mechanics

I know EXACTLY what you mean! :P 

4c44d2066235d88bfe4b01b4e372998f.jpg

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Agreed. Don't know if it's an argument or discussion, a discussion is only an argument when you're trying to persuade the other that your point of view is the right one. While we both are sprouting opinions and arguments, I have a feeling we're not really trying to convince each other :)

I thought Assassin's Creed Rogue was a pretty good game in showing the wrong side of the Assassins, by the way. All that I was disappointed in with the game was that the whole assassin genocide seemed like an afterthought to the story, Shay didn't really assassinate that many assassins... most of the story seemed like setup to a rampage that never came.

This is what being mature is about, I guess.

Being able to have a calm and respectful conversation, even when you have different opinions, and would be in theory even enemies.

;) 

I loved Black Flag and Rogue. Having a ship (It sucked in AC3 though, but overall I loved AC3. Especially the DLCs!) was awesome. Sailing the sea was refreshing and something new... Having everything spreaded on islands, was amazing...

Especially Lisbon was sooo good in Rogue! :D But it was a bit annoying that Rogue had one city where some assassin chicks tries to jump at you like (exaggerated) every 20 meters...

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

Liberation was more a "spin-off" AC. It was the "little sister" of AC3. The original name of Liberation is "Assassins Creed III: Liberation". It hasn't anything to do with the story line though. It was originally for the Vita and had a sequence were you are meeting with Connor, the assassin from AC3. This sequence got ripped out of the PS3 version and became a DLC for AC4.

Chronicles, yeah, it's an actual spin-off and hasn't anything to do with AC, except that these three locations (China, India and Russia... Also Florence) got mentioned in Rogue.

Black Flag was imo awesome, but the present time story suffers because of AC3. (Black Flag is AC4). If you liked Black Flag you should play Rogue too. :) 

I know all the problems around Liberation and that is's originally a Vita-game. *cough*
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1704-assassins-creed-iii-liberation/crimsonidol-de

Black Flag is great so far but like Billy already mentioned in other threads it's mainly for the reason that it's a pirates-based setting. I totally enjoyed my time with Sid Meier's Pirates (the old pixelated version from the 90s) so I had to get it.

It felt pretty empty, but, this fact gets camouflage-d with that you need to open all treasure chests for a trophy. "Blockbuster Gamedesign"! :awesome: But, it also made the gameplay at some points better. Personally I never had this problem, but since Unity THIS shouldn't happen anymore. ;) 

*snip*

I had to laugh at this. :D This problem isn't related to a game-engine but more due to the multiple features mapped to a key. Luckily I only had one occurence of this event which was a bit annoying as I had to reclimb a 40m large mast of a ship to get one collectible as I jumped down by accident right before I reached it.

AC is no stealth game. :P It says sometimes you are not allowed to be detected, but AC guards are pretty dumb. You can walk behind them and they don't notice. You can hang above them, they don't notice. You can shot everyone with poison needles, they don't even care, as long you are not doing noises, like with your hidden gun.

I know that AC is no stealth game but my mind always tells me Assassins = people who act sneaky, hide in the dark and kill people without getting noticed by other people. :P  But AC is more like the old Rare-games with all those collectibles combined with a detailed environment like a walking simulator and a rudimentary combat-system  I guess I have to live with this if I decide to try more games of the franchise, which I hopefully won't, as I have enough games in my backlog already. xD 

• 2 weeks later...

The problem was Ubisoft releasing annual Assassins Creed games which showed their ugly heads by the time AC III and Unity came around. These games needed more work, the bad story and lackluster gameplay were proof they were rushed.

Doesn't help that Ubisoft butchered the present day story. It was never meant to be the major portion of any Assassins Creed game. The fact we were able to play as Desmond, boring as he seemed, kept the story interesting, as there was a correlation between the present day and the history of the Assassin/Templar struggle.

Instead of expanding that aspect further, Ubisoft decided to put more focus on The Ones Who Came Before. Desmond spends the entire time in Revelations in a coma, from what I played of the game there was little conversation between present day and the world of Ezio. Assassins Creed 3 based its story around the world ending in December 2012, which is also what the Mayan calendar had predicted. There was so much potential to be had with the Revolutionary War. Ubisoft ruined that opportunity entirely, and Desmond dies with no proper ending. The later games just have you as a faceless, mute Assassin you can't even see, so it's basically like the present day didn't matter much to begin with. At this point they might as well ditch that portion entirely. Shawn and Rebecca just seem to go around doing random jobs here and there (not to mention all the facial changes). We see new Abstergo (Templar) characters that I don't give two craps about. Present day is just filler at this point.

Edited by Parker

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

Is it worth getting this if you already played these on PS3? I'm actually only interested in ACII. I'd like to make it my 100th platinum if I ever get there of course. It was my first platinum and it would be nice to close the circle that way.

Personally I'd say the collection is worth it - though the games have obviously aged, they're still fun and AC games would be the main reason I'd have kept my PS3 around once I'm done with my backlog.