Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection: PS3 vs PS4 comparison

Finozzi1696

Thanks! :) yeah I even remember having more fun with the first 3 Harry Potter games from the PS2 era since they were more focused on platforming, exploring Hogwarts, etc but the newer ones from the PS3 weren't so good in my opinion since they become more realistic and with both the Deathly Hallows games is like they changed their gameplay to a COD-shooter gameplay, which I hugely disliked. Although I remember liking the Order of the Phoenix game.

So maybe the same thing might apply to the LEGO ones, the first ones are fun but as the story progress they become more dark and more battle focused and less exploration focused? at least that's how I felt with the non-LEGO games of the franchise.

I really hope Sony could bring them to the PS4 via emulation, would buy them in a heartbeat!

Also, could yo explain me what is a "hub" in the LEGO universe? I guess it might be a central place for you to buy stuff and visit other worlds? kind of like a rest area, similar to those found on the old RE games? thank you!

By hub I basically mean an overworld sort of area. You can explore Hogwarts outside of levels, you can visit Diagon Alley to buy new spells and characters, you can visit Gringotts to start playing bonus levels, etc. They're full of secrets to find (especially Hogwarts), but lack any sort of real danger, so I guess you could consider it a rest area, yeah.

I actually loved the LEGO Harry Potter games. Hope the collection comes for real, and I truly hope they'll make the trohpies like the first game, they were nice and organized. Kinda hated the second game trophy list. Best LEGO collection imho, Star Wars is second.

By hub I basically mean an overworld sort of area. You can explore Hogwarts outside of levels, you can visit Diagon Alley to buy new spells and characters, you can visit Gringotts to start playing bonus levels, etc. They're full of secrets to find (especially Hogwarts), but lack any sort of real danger, so I guess you could consider it a rest area, yeah.

I apologize for the delay on my reply! oh so that's how it works, awesome! I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun going for its platinum then  :D

Hope it doesn't take much before they announce the collection.

Edited by Finozzi1696

That probably depends on whether the developers can be bothered to remove the huge glitches like gold bricks simply not appearing or you being stuck in a room forever.

Oh I wasn't aware of that, does they have too many glitches? hopefully they'll fix them for this remaster then!

Yeah as I recall people talked about glitches in Harry Potter a lot more than in the other titles, especially if you were playing in co-op.

Well hopefully I don't encounter too many of them then, giving that I'm more of a single player :D but let's just hope they fix all of them.

But right now I just want them to announce the collection already, so we could know when it's coming out! 

Edited by Finozzi1696

The two I mentioned didn't seem conected to MP and I think one is already one too many :P Still, if you know what to avoid I think these are among the best Lego games you can find.

I thought something went wrong with the trophies if the second player was the one to get the final red brick and/or final character and/or something along those lines.

I thought something went wrong with the trophies if the second player was the one to get the final red brick and/or final character and/or something along those lines.

The big one in Harry potter if I remember rightly is getting stuck in the basement of the charms classroom. It's game breaking without a backup save

Lol, that generation is seriously going to be Remasteredstation 4. Good thing I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet. 

I'm going to take a hybersleep and wake up 20 years later so l can play it on my ps6 with 4k resolution and 200+ fps

Yes because all of this remasters aren't being released on the Xbox One too, oh wait they are. But I guess since the XOne isn't as popular as the PS4 that's why is more fun to make jokes about only one of them.

• Like 1

Lol, that generation is seriously going to be Remasteredstation 4. Good thing I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet. 

I'm going to take a hybersleep and wake up 20 years later so l can play it on my ps6 with 4k resolution and 200+ fps

Good plan.  Let us know how that works out for you. :P

I was browsing NeoGAF and saw some promotional stuff about the Ezio collection. Apparently the collection is 1080p/30FPS with some work done to the textures, and will include the two animations about Ezio's life after and during the creed. This collection will also include all the DLC. The target release is around November time and the pricing will be around 70 euros.

61799_gb_news.jpg?ver=1472650291

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 3

November this year?!?! This is too much!! Skyrim Remastered, Bioshock Collection and now Ezio Collection. When will I have time to play the other games I want, when so many of my old favourites are being born anew. 

As I stated earlier in this thread I have already played through and platted two of the Ezio games (couldn't be bothered with the Borgia-whatever-collecting in Brotherhood) so I will not play these quite yet. I'm conservative in nature, though, so when the mood is right I will always replay a game I love rather than trying something new. Perhaps in a year or so?

I was browsing NeoGAF and saw some promotional stuff about the Ezio collection. Apparently the collection is 1080p/30FPS with some work done to the textures, and will include the two animations about Ezio's life after and during the creed. This collection will also include all the DLC. The target release is around November time and the pricing will be around 70 euros.

61799_gb_news.jpg?ver=1472650291

Sounds nice overall, but since I already completed all 3 games 100% I'd only consider rebuying them if the collection gets a new trophy list (like they also did with the Chronicles Trilogy Pack) and if this new trophy list has no MP trophies. That would give me replay-value. I mean, I really liked these games, Brotherhood is my favorit up until today, AND I also loved the MP, but boosting MP trophies again would be a pain - then I'd rather just replay the games I already have. :P

EDIT: Or if this new trophy list would have MP trophies, I'd want them to be easy. Level 50 and all boni in Brotherhood were annoying.

Edited by ShadowStefan

Not trying to dis on Flare but is there any link to an official Ubi statement? I don't know this NeoGAF site but right now it sounds like hearsay to me.

Nothing official yet, but NeoGAF is full of verified people and sources, a lot gets leaked there. It's a forum for gaming enthusiasts, games developers, journalists, etc., so a lot of insider information is available.

Take it with a grain of salt since it's not official, but I'm inclined to believe GAF on this one. Especially since it has already been rated.

Not trying to dis on Flare but is there any link to an official Ubi statement? I don't know this NeoGAF site but right now it sounds like hearsay to me.

Nothing official yet, but NeoGAF is full of verified people and sources, a lot gets leaked there. It's a forum for gaming enthusiasts, games developers, journalists, etc., so a lot of insider information is available.

Take it with a grain of salt since it's not official, but I'm inclined to believe GAF on this one. Especially since it has already been rated.

I agree it's better to wait for an official announcement from Ubisoft! :) but from what I've seen when there are so many leaks and rumors about it the rumor tend to become true sooner or later in most cases.

I've updated the thread with a new article made by PSLifeStyle today, continuing to support the rumors: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/01/report-assassins-creed-ezio-collection-ps4-xbox-one-will-launch-in-november-2016/ 

"Amazon Italy backs up what Gameblog says, listing The Ezio Collection for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with a November 17 release date, priced at €50.82. The description says it includes Assassin’s Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, the games are “remastered for the first time on consoles,” all of the DLC is packed in, and there’s also two short films."

Edited by Finozzi1696