Connection Issues

SitusKiss

I finally came back to this game and finished up the Platinum. Now I want that 100% :D It's been the most fun in co-op so i'm trying to get the "Never Give Up" trophy - from the DLC - with a friend.

We have random connection issues and disconnects :shakefist: During the campaign it wasn't as big of a deal because you just reload up the last checkpoint... well, it blows when you are an hour into the Endless play on the DLC and seemingly randomly drop connections.

We both have 3MB+ download (350KB+ Upload) connections to our ISPs and play other games together all the time without issues. Both ends have NAT type 2 internet connections from our PS3s. This damn game has it's best feature all screwed up by shitty server connections. We can go 1 round with tons of issues and then be fine for 6 other rounds only to be disconnected in the 8th round without warning. It seems to happen most while in the Shop between rounds.

Anybody else having these connection issues still? Any tips on how to avoid the disconnects?

Edited by bmj14772

I think it's the Dead Nation servers. I don't think it has anything to do with your connection(s). I've been playing DN off and on with a friend (chapter here and there when we had time) for the past year and we've had the same problems only we had to start at the beginning of the chapter we were on because we couldn't load from the last checkpoint.

I helped him get his last trophy needed for 100% yesterday morning and we had 3 near misses and one disconnect. Luckily, we only had to go to round four (Keep It Up). Took us about half an hour and we still had issues.

I've read that you can run by most parts of each round. That may shorten your playing time down where you can reach the end of chapter 9 quicker. Look up some speed runs on YouTube.

Yeah Dead Nation never had a good co-op feature, it just kept on refusing to let me on the severs or kicked me half way through games. I think it only really works wothout any problems when you have a high speed internet connection as it worked fine for my friend who had that.

Not sure how you could fix it apart from getting a new internet provider / service or playing the levels very quickly then quitting and reconnecting after each one.

TITANIUSX.png

• 1 month later...