Another trophy checklist? Yup, LucasV9991 just made one!

Lucas

UPDATE: 100% #43

#43 Ruckus Rumble

L2c18c3.png

February 2nd 2017

Fun party game to play with some friends or family every once in a while. I'm not sure how long this game will keep being fun as the gameplay is pretty basic and this game doesn't really have anything that makes it special. The trophies are super easy and can easily be achieved within an hour.

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

UPDATE: PLATINUM #34

:platinum:#34 Color Guardians

1Lc40d9d.png

February 7th 2017

Finally! After not earning a platinum trophy for over 3 months, I finally got one again :). Color Guardians is a relatively short, quite challenging and pretty fun fast action side scrolling game. The game is fun to play for a while but it has its flaws. The story feels like it could have better been left out as it's pretty bad, the cutscenes are awful and the character design isn't that nice. On the other hand, however, the gameplay is pretty well done and really smooth. After a while, though, the game gets pretty easy, even on the hardest difficulty. Also, because the gameplay is pretty much the same most of the time, the game gets boring before you've obtained your platinum. Overall I had fun with this game though and I'm glad I got to play this for free thanks to the PlayStation Plus IGC :).  

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

UPDATE: PLATINUM #34

:platinum:#34 Color Guardians

1Lc40d9d.png

February 7th 2017

Finally! After not earning a platinum trophy for over 3 months, I finally got one again :). Color Guardians is a relatively short, quite challenging and pretty fun fast action side scrolling game. The game is fun to play for a while but it has its flaws. The story feels like it could have better been left out as it's pretty bad, the cutscenes are awful and the character design isn't that nice. On the other hand, however, the gameplay is pretty well done and really smooth. After a while, though, the game gets pretty easy, even on the hardest difficulty. Also, because the gameplay is pretty much the same most of the time, the game gets boring before you've obtained your platinum. Overall I had fun with this game though and I'm glad I got to play this for free thanks to the PlayStation Plus IGC :).  

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

Congrats on the plat, although, you should really stop slacking on √Letter and get it done already! You're so close! :P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Congrats on the plat, although, you should really stop slacking on √Letter and get it done already! You're so close! :P

What are you talking about? You should take a better look at my profile :awesome:. I'll update the checklist tomorrow.

UPDATE: PLATINUM #35

:platinum:#35 Root Letter

1L1f1c1b.png

February 7th 2017

I pre-ordered Root Letter and got it a few days before its official release. I really enjoyed my first playthrough until I reached chapter 10/10. Things started going down really fast and before I knew it, the story was over. Root Letter is a Visual Novel with multiple endings. I discovered that I, luckily, got one of the 'bad endings' on my first playthrough and that there were still better endings to be discovered. Unfortunately though, I only ended up liking 2 out of the 5 endings. I'd rank them in this order (watch out, spoilers!)

1. The Bond of Marriage (Enjoyment: 10/10)

Hide contents

The 'true ending'. I really loved this route as it didn't have any supernatural elements to it and it perfectly worked out all questions the game gave you. I really like how this route ended as well and this really was how I wanted the game to end.

2. A Government Plot (Enjoyment: 8/10)

Hide contents

An ending with a supernatural element. Most of the times I don't really like that in games but they really worked the alien theory out in a cool way in this route. I don't like to see this as a possible ending to the game but more as a cool theory Max might have had in a 'bad dream' during his visit to Shimane :lol:

3. Crossing Paths (Enjoyment: 5/10)

Hide contents

The game builds up to this whole 'who is pretending to be Aya Fumino all this time and where is she now' thing and then when you finally think you'll be able to see her, you get to hear ''Yeah, you know, she's been here for a long-ass time but she randomly just went to Africa exactly one day before you came to this place because you thought you found her soooooo, she isn't here. Bye.'' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. The Cursed Letter (Enjoyement: 3/10)

Hide contents

Supernatural stuff again, but this time worked out in a stupid way. Chapter 9 starts. Within the first few seconds I say to myself: 'damn, I got the bad ending, didn't I?' (was my first playthrough). The first thing I see when chapter 9 starts, is a crow. That's bad news. I continued playing and I felt like everything in these two shortest chapters so far, went by way too fast. After the group explains you the whole story, Fatty is suddenly standing next to your bed in the middle of the night. After you wake up, you hear that Fatty died. Well, okay, didn't see that coming but it could still be a good way to tell the story of the game. 'Wait, Bitch might be in danger, let's go see if she's okay.' You rush to Bitch who falls dead on the floor right before your feet. After this, every single member of the group dies within rapid succesion. And as if it wasn't bad enough yet, Max realises he's dead as well only 30 seconds after the other group members die, one by one. Credits. Everyone dead because of the 'evil spirit of Aya Fumino' :facepalm:.

5. The Princess of Himegamori Forest (Enjoyment: 2/10)

Hide contents

The worst of 'em all. ''Shiori pretended to be Aya Fumino and the spirit of the dead, evil Aya Fumino took over Shiori's body and made her turn into a psychopath. In this chapter and the last chapter you will encounter her multiple times while she's wearing creepy masks you always see in horror movies without Max realising it might, possibly be the now crazy Shiori. You get to the nursing house to visit professor Fumino and the same creepy-mask-wearing woman is now a nurse at that exact nursing house. Just when the professor is about to tell you where Shiori is right now, he suddenly collapses and the creepy nurse takes him to his room. You later hear he has been found dead. When you return to Tokyo with the unsolved mystery, the same creepy-mask-wearing woman stands in your brand new office. You receive a new letter from Shiori and realise you might be in trouble now. The end.'' Wow, Kadokawa Games, you really just made up these two horrible endings to get some more content to your game? Please don't do that with your next game...

In the end I still liked this game, even though the The Cursed Letter and the The Princess of Himegamori Forest endings were absolutely awfull. The true ending is amazing and still made this game one of my favorite games of 2016 :)

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Pfft, it only took you over three months! You're still a slacker. :P

Still... congrats. ^_^

Lol, I just took my time to enjoy the game :P.

Thanks ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: PLATINUM #36

:platinum:#36 Watch Dogs 2

1Ld84aa2.png

February 17th 2017

I finally decided to go back to Watch Dogs 2 last week and complete the story for the platinum trophy. Even though a lot of people seem to be way more enthusiastic about this game than about it's prequel, I wasn't really sure. I really liked WATCH_DOGS's story, main character and setting and thought the gameplay was pretty fun in that game. In Watch Dogs 2, the story and characters were way worse in my opinion. The story was way too childish and was completely different than the one from WATCH_DOGS. The setting from this new installment in the series was really nice, though. I might even prefer the colorful San Francisco from Watch Dogs 2 over WATCH_DOGS's Chicago. I also felt like the gameplay really improved a lot. The shooting, driving and hacking were all worked out really well in this game and were all a little more enjoyable than in the first game.

Watch Dogs 2 was a really enjoyable game but I felt like the story and characters could have been much better than they turned out to be. I'm looking forward to a potential Watch Dogs 3 and hope they manage to get back to a bit more serious story like WATCH_DOGS in combination with the super fun gameplay from Watch Dogs 2.

Difficulty: 3.5/10

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

• Like 1

UPDATE: PLATINUM #37

:platinum:#37 The Deadly Tower of Monsters

1L295ac2.png

February 21st 2017

Decided to finally play this game and get it over with as soon as possible. I wanted to try it out but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like it. And I didn't. At first, the gameplay was pretty fun and the story was okay but both got boring super fast. The game was way too easy and the gameplay was super repetitive. The trophies were easy to get and luckily it didn't take that long to complete the game. I really do not recommend this game unless you want a relatively quick and easy platinum trophy or want some easy 76 points in the Trophy Hunters League :P

Difficulty: 2.5/10

Enjoyment: 3/10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: PLATINUM #38

:platinum:#38 Heavy Fire: Afghanistan

1L67cb17.png

March 11th 2017

This game has been in my backlog for quite some time and I finally decided to play it yesterday to ensure my win in the final fixture of the Trophy Hunters League season 17 :D. I expected it to be quite a bad game after reading some reviews but also remembered buying it a while ago, thinking it actually looked kind of interesting. When I first started playing, I wasn't really impressed. But as I progressed through the game's ''story'' (which is not worth listening to by the way, you shouldn't care about the story in this game), I actually started having fun. I had never played a rail shooter before and I was enjoying my time playing this game. Rookie difficulty was too easy though so I was happy when I unlocked Veteran difficulty. Even though I already played all levels on Rookie difficulty when I started playing on Veteran, my second playthrough was actually far more enjoyable. The game got more challenging and I actually died a few times :P. I was happy when I completed the last episode though as the gameplay did start to get pretty repetitive.

I recommend anyone who's looking to mix their gaming up a bit, to pick this game up when it's on sale again as it is a pretty fun game to play. I also recommend people who are looking for a quick, easy platinum to pick this game up. Do not pick this up if you're looking for a game with a cool story, nice graphics or diverse gameplay though as this game doesn't have any of that to offer to you.

Difficulty: 2/10

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: 100% #44

#44 Battlefield 1943

L1e056e.png

April 1st 2017

I was suprised how enjoyable this game still is, even after the release of Battlefield 1. The game doesn't have much content (only 3 maps, 3 classes, etc.) but is still really fun to play. Another great Battlefield game!

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

UPDATE: 100% #45

#45 Crazy Market

L30bbc0.png

May 4th 2017

Pretty fun free-to-play game for the Vita. None of the levels are too difficult as long as you make sure to buy enough items before attempting a new level. Also, I'm pretty proud of my prestigious spot on the fastest achievers list for this game :awesome:

OE7oyvR.png 

How the heck do you check achievers who are slow as hell? I want to see my spot for my Rayman Origins platinum.

Edited by Griffon234
NVM I'm an idiot, found it

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: 100% #47, #48 and PLATINUM #39, #40, #41

#47 Uno

spacer.pngspacer.pngLe47fec.png

June 12th 2017

Enjoyable version of Uno with relatively easy trophies.

Enjoyment: 7/10

#48 Type:Rider

L1c1493.png

June 15th 2017

One of the worst games I completed. The gameplay is boring and the design isn't interesting at all. I would not recommend anyone to play this. Sure, this game has easy trophies but that's all there is to it.

Enjoyment: 1/10

:platinum:#39 Monopoly Streets

1Lb1a68b.png

July 2nd 2017

I'm glad to finally be done with Monopoly Streets. The game itself is fun and it's a great digitized version of Monopoly but some of the trophies rely so heavily on RNG that it became a real drag. The ''Glad it's not my Bill'' trophy, for example, took me almost 200 turns and the same goes for some of the other trophies -_-. The platinum trophy is easy to obtain but you should only go for it if you don't get frustrated too fast when the RNG gods are not with you :P.

Enjoyment: 5/10

:platinum:#40 Resogun (PS3/Vita)

1L1f7639.png

July 5th 2017

I went back to the PS3 version of Resogun to try obtaining the platinum trophy and, man, I had a blast. I'm normally not that much of a fan of these kinds of games but I really enjoyed Resogun. Once you get somewhat skilled, playing the levels on higher difficulty is a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to finishing up the PS4 version of this game in the near future :D!

Enjoyment: 9/10

:platinum:#41 LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

1L8dfde9.png

July 17th 2017

While I think LittleBigPlanet 3 is the weakest game in the series, I still enjoyed the game quite a lot. The gameplay is very enjoyable and acing the levels feels very rewarding. Most of the levels weren't that hard to ace with exception of the second-to-last level, which took me a good 15-20 tries if not more. LittleBigPlanet 3 probably has the easiest platinum in the series but I'm definitely going for the other platinum trophies very soon too!

Difficulty: 6/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: PLATINUM #42, #43

:platinum:#42 Sound Shapes (PS4)

1L02a080.png

July 24th 2017

Sound Shapes... no, I'm not going to auto-pop the other versions because I don't like/want auto-pops on my profile but I did finish one version (finally). Some of the Death Mode levels were fun, most of them weren't. This game had too much insane RNG in it and I definitely didn't like it. I was able to finish some levels in minutes and one level took me a good two hours :|. Do you not mind auto-pops on your profile and are you looking for a game that can get you a lot of trophies that way? Get Sound Shapes. Are you looking for a fun game? Don't get Sound Shapes.

Difficulty: 2-6/10

Enjoyment: 4.5/10

:platinum:#43 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

1L227084.png

August 30rd 2017

After the slight disappointment Uncharted 4 was to me, I didn't expect Uncharted: The Lost Legacy to blow me away but, as an Uncharted fan, I was obviously still excited to play it. Well, it definitely did blow me away. The story was really interesting and the character development of Chloe and especially Nadine was really awesome. The setpieces were cool(, the ''The Last of Us'' moment was cool too :P) and the gameplay was just as much fun as Uncharted 4's gameplay if not slightly better. The game looked stunningly beautiful and the puzzles were original and there weren't too many of them :P. I felt like the villian could have had a little more screentime but 

Spoiler

seeing him basically turn into a psychopath in the last chapter

made up for it :D.

There were no negative things about this game to me, really. Sure, it isn't a perfect game or a ''best game of all-time'' candidate for me but it might actually be one of the top 10 favorite games for me now. While it was just not as great as Uncharted 2, The Lost Legacy is definitely my second favorite game in the series :)!

Difficulty: 4/10

Enjoyment: 10/10

• Like 3

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's the best reward you can get for those dreadful levels, though =D

Auto-pops feel more like a curse to me than a reward :awesome:. I already hate it how I have 11 auto-popped trophies for Motorstorm RC and that I'll eventually have to finish up that game and auto-pop one version because it's already on my profile :S.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: PLATINUM #44, #45

:platinum:#44 Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS3)

1L9c00f5.png

September 7th 2017

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was the first game I got as part of the IGC when I created this account a little over 4 years ago. I played a bit of it and really disliked it so I never finished it. I tried to go back to it once a few years later but I couldn't get myself to play for more than a few minutes before quitting again. Last week I decided it was time to finally get the platinum trophy and delete the game from my console. While I didn't hate every second of it, I hated most seconds of it :P. The controls were clunky, the story wasn't interesting and the gameplay wasn't all that fun. Sure, it really wasn't bad for a platformer and I can see why people like it but as someone who doesn't really like platformers in the first place and gets annoyed by clunky controls, I started getting more and more annoyed by this game as time progressed. I was so glad when I finally got the platinum trophy and deleted the game from my PS3 system :lol:.

Enjoyment: 3/10

:platinum:#45 Coffin Dodgers

1L1d38db.png

September 8th 2017

While many people might look at this game as ''typical trophy trash'', I don't look at this game like that. Sure, Coffin Dodgers is one of those cheap games with a really easy platinum trophy but I quite enjoyed my time playing it. It's your typical arcade cart racing game and it's quite fun to play. You play as either one of the elderly or as Death. After every championship of 3 races, Death takes the souls of two elderly from line-up of racing elderly. Your goal is to finish before the other elderly that are still alive in order to avoid dying. It's a weird but funny concept and I liked it :P. The gameplay isn't the greatest and I feel like the framerate could use some improvements too but for the little while it took to get this platinum trophy, I had quite a lot of fun :D!

Difficulty: 2/10

• Like 1