Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game Discussion

PipeSwinger

I'm liking the look of the trophies. They seem very reminiscent of Human Revolution, and that was a very fun platinum for me. Going through the game without setting of alarms and without killing anyone is THE way to play the game, so I'm glad they reward that kind of playstyle. I heard something about the highest difficulty being a mode that has permadeath, so I can already see the platinum being quite rare. It sounds like a fun challenge.  :)​ 

For the trophy of the higher difficult to finish, is it the Deus Ex or the realist to do ? Cause if its the realisitc one you have to do all the game without any save and without dying at all, i dont begin the game but sound like difficult.
For my first playthrough i just play on my own cause Deus Ex Human Revolution was one of my favourite game on PS3

Yea I was also wondering: When they say the highest difficulty, do they mean Permadeath, and if so, can you save in that playthrough? If it is that and you can't, I think I'll skip this platinum. If the story is 25 hours on its own, I'm not gonna frustrate myself endlessly by retrying to make it to the end  in one go on the hardest difficulty :P

Yea I was also wondering: When they say the highest difficulty, do they mean Permadeath, and if so, can you save in that playthrough? If it is that and you can't, I think I'll skip this platinum. If the story is 25 hours on its own, I'm not gonna frustrate myself endlessly by retrying to make it to the end in one go on the hardest difficulty :P

I haven't played the game, but there's no way they would make you play through the whole game in one session, especially considering how long the game is. Judging by how other games have done it in the past, I'd assume you can't make manual saves, but it saves your progress when you quit the game.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I haven't played the game, but there's no way they would make you play through the whole game in one session, especially considering how long the game is. Judging by how other games have done it in the past, I'd assume you can't make manual saves, but it saves your progress when you quit the game.

I was rather thinking about ways that you could save the game, and letting you reuse it (reload that save) For instance, you could say a Bioshock playthrough without using any Vita-chambers is essentially that game's version of permadeath, but they still allowed you to save,which makes it doable. 

I know that the answer to this question is probably "No" but i have to ask. Is there some sort of in game progress indicator that lets you know that you have killed and or that you have been spotted. What I am hoping for is that they included some sort of statistics in one of the in game menus that alerts you to this information so that those of us going for 0 kills and 0 spots dont have to roll the dice for 20+ hours.

• Like 1

I know that the answer to this question is probably "No" but i have to ask. Is there some sort of in game progress indicator that lets you know that you have killed and or that you have been spotted. What I am hoping for is that they included some sort of statistics in one of the in game menus that alerts you to this information so that those of us going for 0 kills and 0 spots dont have to roll the dice for 20+ hours.

Haven't played the game yet, so don't know. Dishonored did have these stats, but the last Deus Ex didn't, so both possible....

Haven't played the game yet, so don't know. Dishonored did have these stats, but the last Deus Ex didn't, so both possible....

Im glad you mentioned that because that was my problem. I (and a few others) somehow managed to get ghost status as well as whatever the 0 kills status was for each level in Dishonoered and still lost the trophies related to both. I was hoping that somehow there was a clear alert or notification in this latest Deus Ex that would inform you immediately if you had indeed screwed this up.

Im glad you mentioned that because that was my problem. I (and a few others) somehow managed to get ghost status as well as whatever the 0 kills status was for each level in Dishonoered and still lost the trophies related to both. I was hoping that somehow there was a clear alert or notification in this latest Deus Ex that would inform you immediately if you had indeed screwed this up.

That's very strange, and sounds like it sucked. Man, if that happened to me, to go through the game perfectly and then NOT get the trophy, I would probably never attempt a similar trophy ever again out of frustration!

• Like 1

I may wait awhile since I have this feeling a director's cut version will eventually come out. Though, I want to play it so bad because of what I have seen so far. ;-;

Doubt it.

I mean there will likely be a GOTY edition or whatever with everything but the main reason for making the DC was fixing the boss fights.

I just finished the game yesterday, it felt shorter than Human Revolution. Maybe because there were less locations or less boss fights but when I finally reached the end I thought "That's it?".

I've heard this from a few people. It's a shame, because apparently the rest of the game is very good, even if it's lacking in content. It screams sequel bait to me. I guess that's to be expected from Square. Human Revolution had a whole chunk of the game missing that they later added as DLC, so this isn't the first time they're pulled this. It's even worse when it's the ending that feels incomplete though.