New PS4 Model leaked

HeySumbode

I think the design is decent. not the best but decent. If they get the price right, they will probably sell like hot cakes to the price-conscious or people who have an XB1 and want a PS4. Compared to the XB1S though, its just ugly. The lack of care in the design is clear. Sony has a Cerny but they are in need of a Panos.

Edit: Forget to say I'm 50/50 on this one. One thing that is cool about this leak is, it could force Sony to say its avavbile right now for purchasing on Sept the 7th.

Edited by FlareXV

More information: http://gematsu.com/2016/08/rumor-ps4-slim-images-leaked

If this truly is a Slim model, and not the Neo, then surely Sony face the same dilemma that Microsoft faces with the Xbox One S and Scorpio. Why would you buy this when the Neo is supposedly just around the corner? I'm not wild about the redesign. It looks a little boring compared to the design of the original PS4. Also I assume those are the power and eject buttons in front of the disc drive. Doesn't that seem a little strange? Surely you'd block the disc with your finger if you pressed it. Also what's with them removing touch sensitive buttons with pretty much ever redesign? Xbox One S did it. The PS3 Super Slim did it. Make your mind up, guys.  :P

I'd probably buy this if the Neo wasn't a thing. I'd like a quieter console more than anything else, because the original PS4 is known to sound like a jet engine when playing certain games. 

Edited by Undead Wolf

That right USB port? WTF...

Like hey, lets make sure you break off whatever you put in there.

On top of that, they are still recessed. Thanks for making it impossible to use half the flash drives out there.

As long as the memory storage is larger, it doesn't have overheating problems, the controllers don't fall apart and have a livable battery life, I couldn't care less what it looks like.

In any case, it looks fake to me. How, is something about the angle that the Sony logo is sitting in the photo doesn't look right. That and the logos on the front look like a valiant but failed attempt at a Photoshop. The second set of photos like a bit more well done, enough that I'd maybe call into question it's fake or not if I were drunk and required glasses, but the questions remains: Who is this guy that he has a PS4 prototype sitting in his TV stand, and if he's an employee why would he risk a job leaking to the internet? What this looks like is a physical proof of concept of some design school student's semester project. One that they got a B- on.

I think it's legit. Verified PlayStation employees are now following the ps4 slim owner on twitter.

If it was fake, why would they follow him?

They obviously what to know how he got hold of it. Could be a stolen shipment as there are more than one available for sale on Gumtree