New PS4 Model leaked

HeySumbode

I pretty just assumed that the "Neo" was going to be the "slim" version of the PS4. As with the Neo (assuming these are going to be separate console versions, and assuming this Slim model is legit), I don't see myself buying one of these unless my current PS4 dies.

It doesn't really look much different from the current model to me.

I like my George Foreman grill. The only problem is that the heating doesn't seem to work. I can't grill anything with it... :(

Hehe, I have a George Foreman grill, and I like it too. You've got to admit though, there are nicer looking, and better designed consoles around.  xD

Why does anyone need more than 500GBs on their PS4 is something I will never get :D

Well how else are we going to fit the remasters of every PS3 game in existence on it?  :awesome:

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

What's with the buttons for midgets? (no offense to small people)

Those buttons look legit to me. Way better than having a strip of rubber preventing the system from being flat on a surface

I must say this isn't that bad looking but I kinda expected PS2 slim difference when compared to the original :blink:

Oh well, lets see what the Neo can do

Why does anyone need more than 500GBs on their PS4 is something I will never get :D

vjsYJRB.jpg

And that's after I made some room cleaning out the captures and old games...

b92jCEw.jpg

Oh and none of these are AAA scripted movies :lol:

I know right, I've never had to keep track of my free space, and I don't even delete everything immediately after I finish it, just 40GB+ games. :unsure:

My top 8 games already exceeds 500gb. Not everyone plays 1 or 2, 3, 4, 5 games at a time. A lot of games are hitting 60-70gb with dlc too.

The xbox slim lost a lot  of its weight, ditched a power brick, readjusted the asinine side usb port and has a 4k player. On top of all that the smallest hard drive available is 1TB for a system that supports external hard drives. Sure its easy to switch out the external hard drive but when your competition allows you to merely insert a cable to increase space and they offer a larger hard drive you have to respond in kind.

If this is not Neo and it does nothing different than the last PS4 what's the point if there are no additional features? The XB1 needed a new redesign. The new PS4 can look like a steaming POS for all I care I just want to know what it will do. I'll be eagerly awaiting the announcement so that we can clear some things up.

Correction there is a 500GB version but it comes with Hal0 5 and the Master Chief collection which would take up 15% of the space given. I don't understand a 500GB option in an age where the launch titles for both consoles weighed in at 50 GB

Edited by stitchesnscars

So from the leaked images and news it appears that Sony has removed the optical out. I think the reason Sony wanted to do this was to save on manufacturing costs, we know that a more powerful console is on the way (AKA Neo) and it will defiantly cost more than 400 US dollars. So I guess Sony wanted to make a cheaper entry PS4 that a lot more people can afford. This does make sense, optical connectors usually do cost a good 20-40.00$ to make. However, there are owners of the high end headsets such as the Astro A50's that require optical for better quality. So maybe Sony will come out with an adapter or maybe all headset manufactures will make optical optional instead of required. Oh and by the way... the PS4 Neo may have a built in DAC that can support up to 500OHM's of impedance. That makes me really excited!

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/ps4-slim-take-a-closer-look-at-the-console-and-the-new-dualshock-4-controller-in-this-unboxing-video/

Here's a link to an article and video about the PS4 Slim :) it's legit and not fake! and yes Phase Birth you're right about the point you made stating,  Sony wanted to make a cheaper entry PS4 that a lot more people can afford. But you reckon this console is going to be the same price as the PS4 when released or a bit more expensive?

• Like 1

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/ps4-slim-take-a-closer-look-at-the-console-and-the-new-dualshock-4-controller-in-this-unboxing-video/

Here's a link to an article and video about the PS4 Slim :) it's legit and not fake! and yes Phase Birth you're right about the point you made stating,  Sony wanted to make a cheaper entry PS4 that a lot more people can afford. But you reckon this console is going to be the same price as the PS4 when released or a bit more expensive?

It's a Slim, why it should cost more? This is not the Neo, that many people almost swear it was going to be a Slim, I think that they finally can understand now how wrong they were.

Now, I don't know what's the reason of this version to exist, it must be really, I mean really cheaper, it looks very cheap, and considering it's basically going to be unveiled along with Neo, there's no point to be expensive, it shouldn't be more than $300 (in USA).

At least it's not as horrible as my Super slim ps3.

Should've removed the bluray drive, put in a 1TB drive....and make it a digital purchases only system. And sell it for 150$ :P\

edit: Or even cheaper. 99$!

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY