About to smash up my TV......

acemodder

I'm about to smash up my PS4 and my 50" TV, because of this stupid trophy.  I'm raging so hard, I've been trying to complete the below for 3 hours now.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2358-FINAL-FANTASY-X-HD/13-Lightning-Dancer

Take a break. Doing it while you are all pumped up isn't going to help. Turn your TV on Game mode if it isn't already. Also not a big deal but you posted this in the PS3 section.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

Can you back up your save to the cloud? If you can get a certain number of doges then upload it to the cloud. Then continue for a little more, and do it again. And if you mess up just redownload your save from the cloud. (Not sure if you can do that but just a guess since I haven't played FFX myself) 

Can you back up your save to the cloud? If you can get a certain number of doges then upload it to the cloud. Then continue for a little more, and do it again. And if you mess up just redownload your save from the cloud. (Not sure if you can do that but just a guess since I haven't played FFX myself) 

Pretty sure you have to do at all at once. It resets at the main menu.

That cant be done. The player must dodge all 200 lightning bolts in a single try.

If you get hit, restart.

If you enter the menu, restart.

If you save, restart.

Take a break. Doing it while you are all pumped up isn't going to help. Turn your TV on Game mode if it isn't already. Also not a big deal but you posted this in the PS3 section.

There is no FFX-HD or FFX in the PS4 section on these forums.

I think I'm suffering extra lagg as my TV goes via an Onyko AMP, so double the lagg/delay I think.

Edited by acemodder

As posted already, follow the pic if you really need to.   It's probably just stressing over it that's causing you a problem, if you're tense you're bound to mess up.   Either take a break or try to relax doing it if you want to press on, there's a rhythm to it, you'll get it eventually.   It is a pain, and does seem daunting, but it's all teeth and no bite, once you get that rhythm you'll be able to dodge all day.   I'd dodge 10 or 20 more times after you get to 200, just to make sure, it's easy to lose track of counting.  :)

There is no FFX-HD or FFX in the PS4 section on these forums.

I think I'm suffering extra lagg as my TV goes via an Onyko AMP, so double the lagg/delay I think.

Ah you are right. Didn't know there was only a PS3 section. Yeah I think you are having extra input lag too. Try going straight from TV to PS4 with the HDMI if you can.

There is a specific spot on the thunder plains that you can use to trigger the lightning bolt and get the trophy faster. Just be sure to have the "No Encounter" skill.

Here is an image of the place.

d71V1.jpg

After my first playthrough i thought they made it harder compared to the PS2 Version... only on this spot i was able to get the trophy... really good tip :)

As posted already, follow the pic if you really need to.   It's probably just stressing over it that's causing you a problem, if you're tense you're bound to mess up.   Either take a break or try to relax doing it if you want to press on, there's a rhythm to it, you'll get it eventually.   It is a pain, and does seem daunting, but it's all teeth and no bite, once you get that rhythm you'll be able to dodge all day.   I'd dodge 10 or 20 more times after you get to 200, just to make sure, it's easy to lose track of counting.   :)

Yeah doing this raged is even worse xD

And doing some jumps higher than 200 is very recommended... i stopped at 217 i guess :)

@ OP:

Calm down a bit :)

• Like 1

I'm about to smash up my PS4 and my 50" TV, because of this stupid trophy.  I'm raging so hard, I've been trying to complete the below for 3 hours now.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2358-FINAL-FANTASY-X-HD/13-Lightning-Dancer

That trophy is annoying on PS3; the game skips a lot. I can't speak to PS4 (I haven't, and won't, play it there) but I gave up after a few tries back in the day. 

It was never even difficult on PS2. Just hell on the eyes.

• Like 1

Yeah, I hated this trophy with a passion. Maybe even more so than those dumb chocobo related ones. It took me quite awhile to get it done. I'm surprised the platinum isn't rarer to be honest. I've got the plat in easier JRPGs that are rarer.

People tend to prefer these skills based trophies as they don't want to grind, I would presume.

Dodging 200 lightning bolts is bullshit, I'm fed up with this world, everyone betrayed me

giphy.gif

The chocobo is even worse. At least the controls and gameplay during lightning dodge make a modicum of sense.

Use the D-Pad instead of the Analog stick. Should only take you 2 or 3 tries.

• Like 1