Trophy Thoughts / Gameplay Discussion

Alexi-Sama

I haven't heard of that game yet until I saw the trophies coming out. Don't know if I should get this or wait until it becomes  PS+ content..

Trophy whise it doesn't look that bad, maybe the 8888 kills can get a bit grindy and I don't know how hard difficulty "8.0" / "9.0" actually is.

Otherwhise it looks pretty simple as long as you find a guide for the collectibles.

Gameplay looks quite fun:

But I'm always afraid of these games getting too repetetive.. :hmm:

• 2 months later...

Really fun game, I urge you all to pick it up. It's already out on PC, so you can gauge the price from there; it's very cheap.

The logs (the collectibles) are randomly generated, and you will get these naturally as you progress. As the for 8.00 and 9.00 difficulty trophies, those are very hard - but doable, if you equip yourself with proper upgrades, powers and, well, some skill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
3 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

Just had this recommended by ‘From the Void games’ over on YouTube. Are there many people still playing this? Is it manageable to get into the top 10% on a daily challenge? 

I just fired the game up & there was one person on the daily challenge & no one on the weekly although the weekly just turned over & has 6 days left. The person on the daily one had done 3 rebirths & could potentially give any new player a hard time since they have permanent stat buffs thanks to the rebirth, but I would say that lb trophy would be nothing to worry about these days. 

When I did the trophy set years ago there were 10+ players competing for the lb's, some of whom had already platted the game & rebirthed 4 times. It was a real pain in the arse & I had to work hard for it & rebirth a few times myself. Serpah is a super fun & addictive game though so that was no issue & it's a good idea to grind a bit anyway for an easier life when it comes time to do those difficulty related trophies. It's also a good idea to do those daily & weekly challenges generally speaking since they yield good rewards. 

The lb rewards were a little buggy for me & I found that if I took too long to login & claim my reward I wouldn't get it at all. That only happened once, after that I religiously logged in at 8 in the morning every day & made sure to claim the reward. Another not so great thing that happened was when I thought I'd try to be sneaky & set a good score on the weekly in the final hours of the countdown, the game decided not to acknowledge that run even though there were a couple of hours left. Those are just minor things though, eccentricities more than anything else. This game is really good imo, a true hidden gem. 

• Like 1