Original versions of these games

I own a SEGA mega drive myself and I've played the original versions of Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles as well as Alex Kidd and Ecco the Dolphin.

I was wondering who else owned some of these classic games in their original format? 

I ask since I wonder if this collection has made any big differences to the core games from the old days, I have not picked up on anything myself but I do wonder if any of you have?

Crispy78923.png

Edited by Crispy78923

I played some of them when they originally came out, Altered Beast, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Columns (though I played this on the Game Gear), Streets of Rage 1 and 2, and of course my favorites out of the collection, Shining in the Darkness and the Phantasy Star games.

Edited by BooneIronshield

I remember playing first Sonic, Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin on my SMD2. Any RPGs for the system were borderline impossible to come by. Due to this I treated my copy of the Shining Force (it had a battery, I could save in the MegaDrive game, what miracle is this!) as a greatest treasure of all. So many hours spent staring back and forth between the TV screen, a gaming magazine walkthrough and English dictionary so I could unterstand the plot...

Also, I had an old MegaDrive games catalog that listed all the games on it up until 1996. I used to re-read it at least once a month and stare at the games that I couldn't not only get, but even find.

I own a SEGA mega drive myself and I've played the original versions of Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3 as well as Alex Kidd and Ecco the Dolphin.

I was wondering who else owned some of these classic games in their original form?

(If you owned Sonic 2/3 and Sonic & Knuckles did your cartridge of Sonic & Knuckles have an opening at the top that allowed Sonic 2 & 3 to connect up with it allowing bonus stuff like mine does?)

Yep. I had Ecco, Sonic Spinball and Sonic & Knuckles with the open top cartridge. Pretty sure those are the only Sega games I had because I had Sega Channel.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was a true SEGA fan boy, had lots of games (NBA Jam, Toejam & Earl, Streets of Rage,...).  Yes, I owned Sonic 2/3 and Sonic & Knuckles & my cartridge of Sonic & Knuckles had an opening at the top that allowed Sonic 2 & 3 to connect up with it allowing bonus stuff (like playing as Knuckles). I think this was the same for all?

• 1 year later...