PS Now and Dual-shock 4 adapter officially coming to PC.

FlareXV

PS Now (or PlayStation Now) is Sony’s take on cloud gaming. The premium service currently lets players stream PlayStation 3 games to their PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. A new leak has potentially revealed that PS Now is bound for the PC platform.

That’s right, you might be able to stream and play PlayStation 3 games on your PC. PlayStation 2 games have been rumored to come to the service as well.

Industry tipster and constant Twitter presence @Wario64 tweeted a screenshot of the PlayStation Blog for Sony’s European arm. It seems someone code a little overzealous with their image title.

Update: PS Now is officially coming to PC.

This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.

We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99. This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

An adpator is also coming to PC

The adaptor is a great match for playing PS Now on a computer, but you can also use it for PS4 Remote Play on PC and Mac. If you haven’t yet downloaded Remote Play on your PC or Mac, grab the installer here. Of course, owning the USB Wireless Adaptor isn’t required, as you can connect a DualShock 4 using a USB cable.

Here are the recommended specs for running PS Now on your PC:

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port

A minimum 5Mbps connection is required to use PS Now on any device. We recommend a wired Internet connection for the optimal experience.

We’ll be in touch to confirm the exact launch date of the PlayStation Now Windows PC app in North America, and stay tuned for some exciting games that will be added to the library.

For more info on PS Now, including the full library of games, visit: PSNow.com.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/08/23/ps-now-coming-to-pc-sony-leaks-on-their-own-site/ | http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/23/playstation-now-coming-to-pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/

I think its pretty cool but the pricing scheme needs a bit of a shuffling. 

Edited by FlareXV

But what would be the point of this? I'm sure like 90% of the games on PS Now are native PC games anyway. You could outright buy one of those in a Steam sale for the cost of renting one of these for a day. It just seems kinda strange to me.

For those who did not buy PS4 to play all the remastered PS3 exclusives :awesome:

It actually makes sense. I'm sure there are more PC gamers who did not own PS3 than PS4 gamers.

• Like 2

That's cool ... I guess if your a PC gamer wouldn't you have all those games anyway? 

There's a fair amount of Playstation or console exclusives on there. Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, God of War, The Last of Us. If they don't mind playing in Japanese, they can finally play Demon's Souls as well. It's not a huge amount, but there's a quite few games that PC gamers have probably been eager to play.

Besides that, it's also another platform for regular PS Now subscribers to make use of.

There's a fair amount of Playstation or console exclusives on there. Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, God of War, The Last of Us. If they don't mind playing in Japanese, they can finally play Demon's Souls as well. It's not a huge amount, but there's a quite few games that PC gamers have probably been eager to play.

Besides that, it's also another platform for regular PS Now subscribers to make use of.

Demon's Souls isn't on PS Now.... I would have played it ... ANDDD I guess so I never really was like let me get off my PS4 and hop on my computer to play Now games

BUTT I do see where this would be a good thing for PC Gamers.

It actually makes sense. I'm sure there are more PC gamers who did not own PS3 than PS4 gamers.

But PC gamers also own a PC.  :P They don't need a PS3 to play PS3 games since the majority of those are also on PC, unless you're talking about just the exclusives. Even then though, does it really justify bringing the whole service over just for a handful of games?

But what would be the point of this? I'm sure like 90% of the games on PS Now are native PC games anyway. You could outright buy one of those in a Steam sale for the cost of renting one of these for a day. It just seems kinda strange to me.

With Japanese game releasing side by side with PC and possible PS4 games getting added to PS Now. PC would become default choice for the technological. I guess Sony wants some of that PC pie? 

But PC gamers also own a PC.  :P They don't need a PS3 to play PS3 games since the majority of those are also on PC, unless you're talking about just the exclusives. Even then though, does it really justify bringing the whole service over just for a handful of games?

PS Now is available on Sony smart TVs. They're bringing it to just about anything they can.

I think Sony is trying for the PC oriented countries. 

PS3 has enough exclusives to make this valid and worth imo =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

PS Now is available on Sony smart TVs. They're bringing it to just about anything they can.

That's true. I'm guessing Sony are just putting it everywhere because it's failing to gain traction on PS4. They must be trying everything to recover their investment, even if this seems to appeal to a very small audience.

PS3 has enough exclusives to make this valid and worth imo =D

But how many of those are weeb games?  :P I'm sure PC gamers would rather be playing Counterstrike, DOTA and whatever else those people play.  xD They ain't interested in weeb games. If they were, they would own a PS3 already.  :P

Interesting...

Just a question, did PS Now become available at all outside of the US and UK? I know there were supposed to have happened a few closed betas on a few EU mainland countries, but never heard anything about it after that..

While it's an interesting idea to bring it to the PC, it would be more logic for them to actually implement it in other countries first...

But how many of those are weeb games?  :P I'm sure PC gamers would rather be playing Counterstrike, DOTA and whatever else those people play.  xD They ain't interested in weeb games. If they were, they would own a PS3 already.  :P

Exactly! They will see all the weeb games, it will fail, PS4 will fail because no one new would buy it and Vita will be the only surviving console, master plan! :awesome:

Anyway, from what I've seen, there was only one batch of weeb games on PS Now and it's not even available in the EU :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I don't like this. Let the games stay exclusive.

i don't really care about this, we've been getting pretty much every previous pc exclusive and still keep getting every month, like among the sleep, surgeon simulator, dear esther, grow home, five nights at freddy upcoming console remake, gone home, grow up, amnesia's developers wants to bring it to ps4, white night, undertale will surely come to consoles soon, and a very long etc...

so if we're talking about exclusive stuff then pc is the platform that's constantly loosing exclusives every week/month.

also since this is just streaming they will have to buy a dualshock 4, have 5 mbps of internet connection and won't have the possibility to increase its graphics or framerate in any way, and they can't add mods to it. so in a sense all of them will become "console gamers" while playing them.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Even though I don't feel for this decision a whole lot it gives a reason to keep PS Now, and they can delete it off the PS4 and if they ever find the chance, they could do backwards compaitibility. PS Now is still getting used on PC and TVs and PS4 have backwards compatibility. Sony should get good PR for it, using their money they used on PS Now and still selling PS3 games.

i don't really care about this, we've been getting pretty much every previous pc exclusive and still keep getting every month, like among the sleep, surgeon simulator, dear esther, grow home, five nights at freddy upcoming console remake, gone home, grow up, amnesia's developers wants to bring it to ps4, white night, undertale will surely come to consoles soon, and a very long etc...

so if we're talking about exclusive stuff then pc is the platform that's constantly loosing exclusives every week/month.

also since this is just streaming they will have to buy a dualshock 4, have 5 mbps of internet connection and won't have the possibility to increase its graphics or framerate in any way, and they can't add mods to it. so in a sense all of them will become "console gamers" while playing them.

I like the idea of having exclusive games. In my opinion, all these pc exclusives you counted aren't worth Red Dead Redemption or any Uncharted - GoW games or ICO games etc.

I feel like we are trading shitty games for our precious ones :D

Does this mean I can use a PS4 controller to play games I have now, like The Witcher 2?

Yes

Obviously, CD Project will have to support it but I think you can use DS4Windows and your DS4 should work now. 

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 1