PS Now and Dual-shock 4 adapter officially coming to PC.

FlareXV

You really love your 55'' 4K Smart TV :awesome:

For the money it cost me, you're damn right I do. It's just a point that smart TVs can run PS Now without any consoles. So, naturally, computers should be able to as well.

PS Now literally is the video game version of Netflix. Not as reliable or as loved, but maybe if Sony handles it better, that will change.

PS Now literally is the video game version of Netflix. Not as reliable or as loved, but maybe if Sony handles it better, that will change.

Literally... I don't think that word means what you think it means. PS Now is sending data two ways constantly for input and output though out each session and needs to reduce lag in both directions as much as possible to not interrupt the experience.

Netflix takes input once (selection) and outputs a data stream.

Not even close to literally the same thing.

That's really helpful thanks. Do you know any that's safe or easy to use? First-time PC game player :/

The one I use is from here http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package

Pretty much what it does is simulates an xbox controller layout that you can remap and use a ps3 controller with instead. It works on all steam games that have controller support and rpg maker games(not sure what else though)

I am a pc gamer and glad that sony is doing this. I do own a ps3 and ps4. But I am on my pc more through the day. I am pretty sure there are some people like me who wish everything was just all in one. some pc gamers now get to experience catherine,tlou,rachet and clank, god of wars.great thinking sony.

Edited by Mugi

With the lag that accommodates any streaming service, I was only thinking of using my pc as another console to play some of the more boring and less intensive trophies (like Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue) while I do better things.

On another note, most Hori controllers come with automatic mapping to xbox controllers included in the driver, so probably just going to use my Hori PS3/PS4 controller and see if that'll give me full functionality.

• Like 1

I don't get the "dual shock 4 adaption" thingy, isn't the dual shock 4 already works on PC with no restrictions? or is it a thing that will unlock the inner power of the dual shock 4 like the sixaxis feature and touch pad etc? since I heard that once you use eather the dual shock 3 or 4 on PC all basic stuff will work but sixaxis motion features won't.

I'm curious as to whether or not the DS4 adapter will work when playing any game on PC, or if only for services like PS Now and Remote Play. I already use a program called Input Mapper, which allows me to use my DS4 controller for any game supporting a gamepad with zero hassle.

I'm curious as to whether or not the DS4 adapter will work when playing any game on PC, or if only for services like PS Now and Remote Play. I already use a program called Input Mapper, which allows me to use my DS4 controller for any game supporting a gamepad with zero hassle.

I assume that we will get official and proper driver so it will be up to developers to provide official DS4 support. I couldn't even look at the DS4 controller now that the Elite is here. 

I assume that we will get official and proper driver so it will be up to developers to provide official DS4 support. I couldn't even look at the DS4 controller now that the Elite is here. 

The Xbox One Elite controller? I prefer the DS4 controller, myself. It's easily my favourite gamepad, though the X1 controller does do some things better. I think the sticks on the X1 controller feel better, for example. I'm not a fan of how much heavier Xbox controllers are, though.

The Xbox One Elite controller? I prefer the DS4 controller, myself. It's easily my favourite gamepad, though the X1 controller does do some things better. I think the sticks on the X1 controller feel better, for example. I'm not a fan of how much heavier Xbox controllers are, though.

I like the Elite due to the customization you can do. I do hold a soft spot for the DS4 but it will annoy me when I have to use it instead of the Elite for PS NOW. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get the "dual shock 4 adaption" thingy, isn't the dual shock 4 already works on PC with no restrictions? or is it a thing that will unlock the inner power of the dual shock 4 like the sixaxis feature and touch pad etc? since I heard that once you use eather the dual shock 3 or 4 on PC all basic stuff will work but sixaxis motion features won't.

The DS4 works but without wireless support, six-axis and accessories, the USB adapter allows you to use the DualShock 4 with full wireless and with accessories attached. It's only for PS Now and Remote Play, other apps can't use it at the moment - would probably need to use some third party drivers to support it.

Unfortunately not, it does however fully support everything (including six-axis, lightbar, touch pad and accessories etc..) which Input Mapper cannot do (also works on Mac OS X). The biggest advantage over Input Mapper will be the lack of lag, the USB dongle is hardware based and intercepts your controls and passes it straight along to Remote Play, Input Mapper needs to rewrite the commands you send in software.

If you play a lot over Remote Play or use PS Now, its a worth while upgrade for £20 - at least as a Mac user who can't use the DS4 wirelessly at all!

The DS4 works but without wireless support, six-axis and accessories, the USB adapter allows you to use the DualShock 4 with full wireless and with accessories attached. It's only for PS Now and Remote Play, other apps can't use it at the moment - would probably need to use some third party drivers to support it.

Unfortunately not, it does however fully support everything (including six-axis, lightbar, touch pad and accessories etc..) which Input Mapper cannot do (also works on Mac OS X). The biggest advantage over Input Mapper will be the lack of lag, the USB dongle is hardware based and intercepts your controls and passes it straight along to Remote Play, Input Mapper needs to rewrite the commands you send in software.

If you play a lot over Remote Play or use PS Now, its a worth while upgrade for £20 - at least as a Mac user who can't use the DS4 wirelessly at all!

Input Mapper does seem to support the light bar, because I'm able to change it to any colour I like. I've also been able to use the touch pad as a mouse, where pushing it in acts as a left click.

Input Mapper does seem to support the light bar, because I'm able to change it to any colour I like. I've also been able to use the touch pad as a mouse, where pushing it in acts as a left click.

I was referring to it working with Remote Play and allow the game the change the colours etc...

Here are the recommended specs for running PS Now on your PC:

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port

Windows 7 huh? That is interesting. I hope they update the PC remote play app to be playable on Windows 7. Asus never signed new drivers after my laptop came out so it can't be upgraded to Windows 8 or 10. Pretty stupid because the laptop is only a few years old. Last Asus product I ever buy.