Khalashnikovf

To anyone who finished the game on Platinum

40 posts in this topic

Sad to see they cheapened the platinum by making the cutscenes skippable.

Regardless I'm still glad I did it when it was more difficult, but it "wasn't too hard" 😛

On 1/3/2018 at 4:59 AM, StealthID said:

Sad to see they cheapened the platinum by making the cutscenes skippable.

Regardless I'm still glad I did it when it was more difficult, but it "wasn't too hard" 1f61b.png

How does manually skipping vs automatically skipping the cutscenes cheapen the plat? They still have to play the same gameplay parts. It will give more incentive to the impatient players though.

18 minutes ago, SliK6SiK said:

How does manually skipping vs automatically skipping the cutscenes cheapen the plat? They still have to play the same gameplay parts. It will give more incentive to the impatient players though.

You couldn't skip some of them originally, so now in speedrun mode there's an extra like 5 minutes overall when you have it skip them automatically. 

18 hours ago, Gage said:

You couldn't skip some of them originally, so now in speedrun mode there's an extra like 5 minutes overall when you have it skip them automatically. 

That division shouldn't have happened in that case. Weird dev decision. 

20 hours ago, SliK6SiK said:

How does manually skipping vs automatically skipping the cutscenes cheapen the plat?

As stated there was no skipping at all. Not only did this add to the overall time, it also created more tension during these scenes because you could see the clock ticking away helplessly.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:46 PM, StealthID said:

As stated there was no skipping at all. Not only did this add to the overall time, it also created more tension during these scenes because you could see the clock ticking away helplessly.

It also created an incentive or a risk/reward decision to perform sequence breaks, because that was the only way to skip cutscenes originally. I think that was the point. You can see the cutscene and it's easier, but it takes more time, whereas the sequence break was trickier, but quicker. If the cutscenes are skippable now, I wouldn't imagine any of the sequence breaks are worth it except the Chess one.

14 minutes ago, Seibei4211 said:

It also created an incentive or a risk/reward decision to perform sequence breaks, because that was the only way to skip cutscenes originally. I think that was the point. You can see the cutscene and it's easier, but it takes more time, whereas the sequence break was trickier, but quicker. If the cutscenes are skippable now, I wouldn't imagine any of the sequence breaks are worth it except the Chess one.

They purposefully left the cutscenes that you can sequence break unskippable. Edit: Which I think was a pretty good decision, to keep that risk/reward there in the speedrunning strategy.

Edited by mekktor

On 2/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, mekktor said:

They purposefully left the cutscenes that you can sequence break unskippable. Edit: Which I think was a pretty good decision, to keep that risk/reward there in the speedrunning strategy.

So certain cutscenes are skippable, but not all of them? At least that's good. Means that the videos I made of my route through the game are still relevant.

12 minutes ago, Seibei4211 said:

So certain cutscenes are skippable, but not all of them? At least that's good. Means that the videos I made of my route through the game are still relevant.

Yeah, you can only skip the cutscenes at the start and end of levels and on the beach. So the update doesn't affect the routes you would take, it just gives you extra time to do them.

You can even skip the scenes on beach?!?!
What about my 100% Run where I ended with 11 seconds left because of those SOOOOO SLOOOOOW cutscenes?!?!? Now it just looks dumm...
BTW: Had anyone tried the game after a year or so? I did ... it went... bad... sooo bad. You forget everything and I was not able to do even correct Chess run :D
Soooo good game!

Hi there; i'm gonna try to get this platinum for number 100 ^^ So, i had a short question for those who got platinum: For the speedrun trophy, if you pause the game, does it freeze the clock or not? Guess if that's work; it will be easier to watch a video every 5 minutes or so ><

57 minutes ago, Thebishop_Remora said:

Hi there; i'm gonna try to get this platinum for number 100 ^^ So, i had a short question for those who got platinum: For the speedrun trophy, if you pause the game, does it freeze the clock or not? Guess if that's work; it will be easier to watch a video every 5 minutes or so ><

Pausing freezes the time, dont worry. But I think you wont need to watch guides when youre ready to do the speedrun. You will know every ins and outs, getting goog at Bound is unovoidable for the platinum. Youre gonna get it! Its a beautiful game, enjoy it.✌️

haaa good news!^^

I'll definitly get this platinum, watched just 2 minutes of the game, and im alrdy sure i'll love it.

Typically my type of game haha^^

Thx for the cheers!

Oh yeahhh; finally got my platinum on Bound; and as number 100!!^^

So happy of this one.

Yeah, the game is hard; and u gonna have lots of stress during the "no death" run.

But maybee not as hard as a wipeout HD or Gran turismo 5; as someone said before, if u are good on platformer games; it will be easier.

I'll go for a 8/10 for personnal note here.

Anyway, Bound is really a great game; with an amazing universe and musics.

The gameplay is great too, and i found u learn very fast all the speedrunners tricks on it.

I'll post some of my speedruns on youtube; where i found some different ways to access the shortcuts (especially on shout); if it can help some other peoples^^.

Anyway, good luck if u trying to get it!

/cheers!

On 08/02/2018 at 6:29 PM, Khalashnikovf said:

You can even skip the scenes on beach?!?!
What about my 100% Run where I ended with 11 seconds left because of those SOOOOO SLOOOOOW cutscenes?!?!? Now it just looks dumm...
BTW: Had anyone tried the game after a year or so? I did ... it went... bad... sooo bad. You forget everything and I was not able to do even correct Chess run :D
Soooo good game!

Thanks for your video dude, it helps me a lot

Maybe u're the first one to upload bound video on youtube, when the scene cannot be skipped. Respect and thumbs up