To anyone who finished the game on Platinum

Khalashnikovf

On 1/3/2018 at 4:59 AM, StealthID said:

Sad to see they cheapened the platinum by making the cutscenes skippable.

Regardless I'm still glad I did it when it was more difficult, but it "wasn't too hard" 1f61b.png

How does manually skipping vs automatically skipping the cutscenes cheapen the plat? They still have to play the same gameplay parts. It will give more incentive to the impatient players though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SliK6SiK said:

How does manually skipping vs automatically skipping the cutscenes cheapen the plat? They still have to play the same gameplay parts. It will give more incentive to the impatient players though.

You couldn't skip some of them originally, so now in speedrun mode there's an extra like 5 minutes overall when you have it skip them automatically. 

20 hours ago, SliK6SiK said:

How does manually skipping vs automatically skipping the cutscenes cheapen the plat?

As stated there was no skipping at all. Not only did this add to the overall time, it also created more tension during these scenes because you could see the clock ticking away helplessly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 6:46 PM, StealthID said:

As stated there was no skipping at all. Not only did this add to the overall time, it also created more tension during these scenes because you could see the clock ticking away helplessly.

It also created an incentive or a risk/reward decision to perform sequence breaks, because that was the only way to skip cutscenes originally. I think that was the point. You can see the cutscene and it's easier, but it takes more time, whereas the sequence break was trickier, but quicker. If the cutscenes are skippable now, I wouldn't imagine any of the sequence breaks are worth it except the Chess one.

14 minutes ago, Seibei4211 said:

It also created an incentive or a risk/reward decision to perform sequence breaks, because that was the only way to skip cutscenes originally. I think that was the point. You can see the cutscene and it's easier, but it takes more time, whereas the sequence break was trickier, but quicker. If the cutscenes are skippable now, I wouldn't imagine any of the sequence breaks are worth it except the Chess one.

They purposefully left the cutscenes that you can sequence break unskippable. Edit: Which I think was a pretty good decision, to keep that risk/reward there in the speedrunning strategy.

Edited by mekktor

On 2/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, mekktor said:

They purposefully left the cutscenes that you can sequence break unskippable. Edit: Which I think was a pretty good decision, to keep that risk/reward there in the speedrunning strategy.

So certain cutscenes are skippable, but not all of them? At least that's good. Means that the videos I made of my route through the game are still relevant.

12 minutes ago, Seibei4211 said:

So certain cutscenes are skippable, but not all of them? At least that's good. Means that the videos I made of my route through the game are still relevant.

Yeah, you can only skip the cutscenes at the start and end of levels and on the beach. So the update doesn't affect the routes you would take, it just gives you extra time to do them.

You can even skip the scenes on beach?!?!
What about my 100% Run where I ended with 11 seconds left because of those SOOOOO SLOOOOOW cutscenes?!?!? Now it just looks dumm...
BTW: Had anyone tried the game after a year or so? I did ... it went... bad... sooo bad. You forget everything and I was not able to do even correct Chess run :D
Soooo good game!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Thebishop_Remora said:

Hi there; i'm gonna try to get this platinum for number 100 ^^ So, i had a short question for those who got platinum: For the speedrun trophy, if you pause the game, does it freeze the clock or not? Guess if that's work; it will be easier to watch a video every 5 minutes or so ><

Pausing freezes the time, dont worry. But I think you wont need to watch guides when youre ready to do the speedrun. You will know every ins and outs, getting goog at Bound is unovoidable for the platinum. Youre gonna get it! Its a beautiful game, enjoy it.✌️

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Oh yeahhh; finally got my platinum on Bound; and as number 100!!^^

So happy of this one.

Yeah, the game is hard; and u gonna have lots of stress during the "no death" run.

But maybee not as hard as a wipeout HD or Gran turismo 5; as someone said before, if u are good on platformer games; it will be easier.

I'll go for a 8/10 for personnal note here.

Anyway, Bound is really a great game; with an amazing universe and musics.

The gameplay is great too, and i found u learn very fast all the speedrunners tricks on it.

I'll post some of my speedruns on youtube; where i found some different ways to access the shortcuts (especially on shout); if it can help some other peoples^^.

Anyway, good luck if u trying to get it!

/cheers!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/23/2016 at 2:04 PM, Khalashnikovf said:

Gongratulations to you!!!

I think we did something really great. Please share your thought how hard the game was for you or any other feelings runnigh in your mind.

I feel especially relieved that this burden dropped from my shoulders. It is great game, fantastic, but I could not sleep over last week because I was still thinking of what to do in a different way or style. Im particulary proud on my self how I managed Cautious in Shout level. I skipped the almost whole level because of the 2 of 3 ladder shortcut, yes there is a way when you are on top and the monster is behind the bars.... Im glad I can delet the game and be back once i buy VR (if so). Uf, it is over, it is done!

I just finished the game a few minutes ago. I personally breezed through everything up until the cautious trophy which I saved for last. I did Speedrunner on the first try and 100% run on the second try. I thought Cautious would be easy considering it’s the same rarity as 100% run but boy was I wrong. I went through so many fails and almost outright quit. I slowly figured out ways to make every level just a bit easier. I’m not joking when I say I know more about how to do Cautious than the person who wrote the guide. A lot of the things he did in his run are unnecessary, especially in the shout level. You don’t have to jump to all the areas with small platforms. You can simply walk while holding L2 and you’ll automatically climb up each platform. Anyway, I’m getting sidetracked and I’m just happy I was finally able to plat the game today. I’m so proud that I did it because it’s my new rarest trophy and 5th platinum. I’m happy to delete this game and focus on more easy and fun platinums. 

Edited by J_E_B_B
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, J_E_B_B said:

I just finished the game a few minutes ago. I personally breezed through everything up until the cautious trophy which I saved for last. I did Speedrunner on the first try and 100% run on the second try. I thought Cautious would be easy considering it’s the same rarity as 100% run but boy was I wrong. I went through so many fails and almost outright quit. I slowly figured out ways to make every level just a bit easier. I’m not joking when I say I know more about how to do Cautious than the person who wrote the guide. A lot of the things he did in his run are unnecessary, especially in the shout level. You don’t have to jump to all the areas with small platforms. You can simply walk while holding L2 and you’ll automatically climb up each platform. Anyway, I’m getting sidetracked and I’m just happy I was finally able to plat the game today. I’m so proud that I did it because it’s my new rarest trophy and 5th platinum. I’m happy to delete this game and focus on more easy and fun platinums. 

Congrats on platinum! I just started this myself a few days ago. Quick question for you, are you allowed to turn on Edge Guard for the 100% Run and Speedrunner? Collecting shards at the end of the Planes level was a pain in the ass (the one where there’s shards on top of the thin platforms and there’s a ladder halfway). I did this without Edge Guard and wasted a lot of time at this particular section.

Edited by JIVe_____

1 hour ago, JIVe_____ said:

Congrats on platinum! I just started this myself a few days ago. Quick question for you, are you allowed to turn on Edge Guard for the 100% Run and Speedrunner? Collecting shards at the end of the Planes level was a pain in the ass (the one where there’s shards on top of the thin platforms and there’s a ladder halfway). I did this without Edge Guard and wasted a lot of time at this particular section.

You can indeed turn edge guard on for 100% Run and Speedrunner. I also struggled at the end of the planes level in 100% Run. In fact, that's why I had to do a second attempt at 100% Run because it can even be hard with edge guard on. I ended up just jumping from the ground to get most of them and if you are still struggling even with edge guard on, I recommend you do that too.

Edited by J_E_B_B
  • Like 1

On 18. 7. 2020 at 7:50 AM, J_E_B_B said:

You can indeed turn edge guard on for 100% Run and Speedrunner. I also struggled at the end of the planes level in 100% Run. In fact, that's why I had to do a second attempt at 100% Run because it can even be hard with edge guard on. I ended up just jumping from the ground to get most of them and if you are still struggling even with edge guard on, I recommend you do that too.

I just love how you say you did it on second try :D
At least it shows how much they made game easier once you can skip animations.

Now its just way too easy and anyone can plat it ... yet, plat still has only 0,6% succes :D

2 minutes ago, Khalashnikovf said:

I just love how you say you did it on second try :D
At least it shows how much they made game easier once you can skip animations.

Now its just way too easy and anyone can plat it ... yet, plat still has only 0,6% succes :D

I wouldn't say it's way too easy. it still is pretty challenging and not everyone can plat this game. Sure, the speedruns got way easier, but unless you're a God at platformers, Cautious is certainly going to take some practice and you'll experience some annoying fails. It definitely shouldn't be a 0.6% plat though, and I'm confused to why it's so low.

• 4 months later...

You can read my detailed thoughts on the game HERE - Full credit to the developers for creating something truly novel, with real artistic merit, but I don't think it really succeeds as a 3D platformer. I had endless frustrations with the controls and camera.

The horrendous 100% and deathless runs were by far the hardest tasks for me. Restarting the entire game just because you missed one near-invisible floating polygon, or because the main character suddenly decided to ballet her way off a ledge is no fun whatsoever. I never felt like I could rely on the character to do what I wanted. Those obnoxiously long, unskippable ribbon-riding sequences at the end of each level made me want to punch my monitor, too.

A great deal of practice is necessary, so don't expect to wrap your brain around this game in the initial hours, or you'll be thoroughly disheartened. It took me a while just to learn the two skips on the opening level.

My Bound speedrun, in 38 minutes, with 6 falls:

Spoiler

• Like 2