This is how Resident Evil 4 looks and runs on PS4/Xbox One

Gevirein

Be sure to select 1080p/60fps in both videos to see its real framerate, 360p is like 30fps.

Thanks to two new videos on the Japanese Resident Evil YouTube channel, we have a better look at how Resident Evil 4 runs on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In the first, you’ll get a look at just under four minutes of Village gameplay, while the second offers up a little more than four minutes of Ashley gameplay.

Resident Evil 4 for PS4 and Xbox One releases digitally on August 30 in North America and Europe for $19.99/€19.99/£15.99, with North America also getting a retail version. It runs at 1080p with an increased frame-rate, and includes the Separate Ways side story, Mercenaries Mode, New Game Plus, knight armor costume for Ashley, and Chicago Typewriter Tommy Gun.
Are you picking up Resident Evil 4 next week?

Source: PSLifestyle Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 4

I wish I have money to buy this game next week, sucks having no money 

I have never played any Resident Evil games before. Is this a must play?
What about those different Resident Evils on ps4? Are they also remastered?

Hell yeah it's a must play but the old ones are the best. 

• Like 2

I have never played any Resident Evil games before. Is this a must play?

What about those different Resident Evils on ps4? Are they also remastered?

You should definitely start with the Resident Evil Remake remastered (a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre and one of the best remakes out there, in my opinion) and continue with Resident Evil 0 remastered.

Although to understand the whole story you should continue with RE2, 3 and Code Veronica X. Only CVX has a remaster on PS3 and RE2 is getting a remake.

Then continue the story with 4, 5 and 6. Although keep in mind that while RE1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and 0 were Survival Horror games, meaning they were more suspenseful/creepy, starting with 4 the franchise become more action-based and left the Survival Horror aspect behind.

In my opinion the REmake is the best of them all, because it gives you the "true Resident Evil experience", while 4, 5 and 6 are more fun to play but I disliked how they become more action focused and left all the horror and suspense behind.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

You should definitely start with the Resident Evil Remake remastered (a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre and one of the best remakes out there, in my opinion) and continue with Resident Evil 0 remastered.

Although to understand the whole story you should continue with RE2, 3 and Code Veronica X. Only CVX has a remaster on PS3 and RE2 is getting a remake.

Then continue the story with 4, 5 and 6. Although keep in mind that while RE1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and 0 were Survival Horror games, meaning they were more suspenseful/creepy, starting with 4 the franchise become more action-based and left the Survival Horror aspect behind.

In my opinion the REmake is the best of them all, because it gives you the "true Resident Evil experience", while 4, 5 and 6 are more fun to play but I disliked how they become more action focused and left all the horror and suspense behind.

Shit man, how I'm supposed to have all the free time to beat them all? :D

Shit man, how I'm supposed to have all the free time to beat them all? :D

Haha yeah! but in my opinion you should play the REmake first. If you start with RE4 without having played any of the previous ones you won't understand the relationship between many characters and other stuff like Leon, Ada, Wesker, Umbrella, and some background story etc but if you don't care about that you can start with 4 then :)

But RE1 remake remastered is a must have!

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Haha yeah! but in my opinion you should play the REmake first. If you start with RE4 without having played any of the previous ones you won't understand the relationship between many characters and other stuff like Leon, Ada, Wesker, Umbrella, and some background story etc but if you don't care about that you can start with 4 then :)

But RE1 remake remastered is a must have!

Nah, I'm not like a 12 years old kid who all seek action from games. I like to know history between things :)

Thanks for all the info man, if I can hold myself enough and stop buying games like crazy I think l can start all these games after a month.My backlog is getting huge and l really want to get rid of it :)

Edited by MilanYildirim
  • Like 1

Nah, I'm not like a 12 years old kid who all seek action from games. I like to know history between things :)

Thanks for all the info man, if I can hold myself enough and stop buying games like crazy I think l can start all these games after a month.My backlog is getting huge and l really want to get rid of it :)

Me too! I like to play my games chronologically, so that's why I never start playing the sequels first, but in the order of release: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5....

You're welcome! currently 2 and 3 are only available as PS1 Classics on the PS3, they don't have any remasters but they are very important story-wise, so hopefully you'll be able to get them.

It runs like a dream thanks to that high frame-rate. (Is it 60 btw?)  :wub:

Yup, it's 60fps. Considering it was originally a Gamecube/PS2 game though, it would be kinda silly if it was any lower, especially when the PS3 version was already HD. The 60fps is the biggest improvement over that version.

Me too! I like to play my games chronologically, so that's why I never start playing the sequels first, but in the order of release: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5....

You're welcome! currently 2 and 3 are only available as PS1 Classics on the PS3, they don't have any remasters but they are very important story-wise, so hopefully you'll be able to get them.

You can also play RE1 (non-remaster), 2, and 3 on PSP or Vita. Just FYI. 

Personally I have trouble going back to PS1 games now, PS2 is the earliest generation I can really enjoy. I have RE2 and 3 (since I have not played them) but I can never get very far in RE2 before losing interest. I just hate those tank controls so much... Grim Fandango Remastered and RE1 Remastered were tolerable because they looked shinier I guess. :)

Anyway, I played this series in a weird order. I played RE5 first on PC, then RE4 on PC, then RE1 Remake and RE0 once I got my Wii (playing the Gamecube versions), which was my first console since the NES. Here's the weird part. I intended to play the entire series once I got the Wii, so I actually Ebayed fairly pricey copies of RE2, RE3, and RE Code Veronica. Right around that time I got hooked on the Metal Gear Solid series (where only the first game was on Gamecube/Wii), and the only way to play MGS3 and 4 was to get a PS3, so I did. Then of course I saw RE2, 3, and CV on PSN so I grabbed them, and traded in my Gamecube copies. 

So I played them in this order: 5, 4, 1, 0, 6. 

It runs like a dream thanks to that high frame-rate. (Is it 60 btw?)  :wub:

Yes! you can also select the 1080p/60fps video option on both videos so you can see how it will really run on the PS4. :) Watching them on 360p doesn't represent its real framerate.

Both RE5 and 6 remasters were on 1080p and 60fps too.

You can also play RE1 (non-remaster), 2, and 3 on PSP or Vita. Just FYI. 

Personally I have trouble going back to PS1 games now, PS2 is the earliest generation I can really enjoy. I have RE2 and 3 (since I have not played them) but I can never get very far in RE2 before losing interest. I just hate those tank controls so much... Grim Fandango Remastered and RE1 Remastered were tolerable because they looked shinier I guess. :)

Anyway, I played this series in a weird order. I played RE5 first on PC, then RE4 on PC, then RE1 Remake and RE0 once I got my Wii (playing the Gamecube versions), which was my first console since the NES. Here's the weird part. I intended to play the entire series once I got the Wii, so I actually Ebayed fairly pricey copies of RE2, RE3, and RE Code Veronica. Right around that time I got hooked on the Metal Gear Solid series (where only the first game was on Gamecube/Wii), and the only way to play MGS3 and 4 was to get a PS3, so I did. Then of course I saw RE2, 3, and CV on PSN so I grabbed them, and traded in my Gamecube copies. 

So I played them in this order: 5, 4, 1, 0, 6. 

Oh you're right! I almost forgot about it. :)

Yeah that's a strange order, but at least you got to play many of them! although I must say that the MGS remake from the GameCube/Wii isn't really good apparently compared to the original, mostly because it wasn't directed by Kojima. Kind of like how the original Psycho movie is considered a masterpiece but its 90s remake is considered very poor, same with the original PS1 version compared to the GC remake.

I'm not much of a fan of going back to PS1 graphics either, but that might be because I don't really have too many games that I like from that era besides Silent Hill 1, the RE trilogy, both Harry Potter games, the X-Files game, both Dino Crisis, and I think that's it? meanwhile I have thousands of favorite games on the PS2 era as seen on my wishlist but if Sony made a similar emulation with PS1 games and thus adding trophy support to them I would totally buy them! :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Yup, it's 60fps. Considering it was originally a Gamecube/PS2 game though, it would be kinda silly if it was any lower, especially when the PS3 version was already HD. The 60fps is the biggest improvement over that version.

Yes! you can also select the 1080p/60fps video option on both videos so you can see how it will really run on the PS4. :) Watching them on 360p doesn't represent its real framerate.

Both RE5 and 6 remasters were on 1080p and 60fps too.

Oh you're right! I almost forgot about it. :)

Yeah that's a strange order, but at least you got to play many of them! although I must say that the MGS remake from the GameCube/Wii isn't really good apparently compared to the original, mostly because it wasn't directed by Kojima. Kind of like how the original Psycho movie is considered a masterpiece but its 90s remake is considered very poor, same with the original PS1 version compared to the GC remake.

I'm not much of a fan of going back to PS1 graphics either, but that might be because I don't really have too many games that I like from that era besides Silent Hill 1, the RE trilogy, both Harry Potter games, the X-Files game, both Dino Crisis, and I think that's it? meanwhile I have thousands of favorite games on the PS2 era as seen on my wishlist but if Sony made a similar emulation with PS1 games and thus adding trophy support to them I would totally buy them! :)

Thanks you two! Now I can't wait to get back in action and rescue Annoying Ashley again :D

Thanks you two! Now I can't wait to get back in action and rescue Annoying Ashley again :D

You're welcome! :)

Thank you OP for these videos! The hype is real with this one. I just hope that is not the brightness at it's full because I cannot see anything haha.

I believe it depends on the software they are using to record, or they just turned down the brightness a bit. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it up more than that on either the game or on your TV. :D

It does not mention the Laser (P.R.L 412) i am sure it will still be there though.

They probably just forgot to mention it, it wouldn't be surprising since that site made similar mistakes in the past. :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

I played this game already on ps2, finish it more than 6 times I think that's enough.

Similar. I played it two times on the PS2, once on the Wii due to differing controls, and twice on the PS3 in order to get all the trophies.

I loved every minute of all those playthroughs, but I'm done.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

not to go off topic but the more i hear about the REMake2 the more worried i become. there is a topic on Gamefaqs claiming that the game will not use "fixed Cameras" all because of a qestion Allyson Court asked in a podcast. the way she said it was "Capcom said they are no using fixed camera angles, right?" That looks like a question to me not a statement. So the 2-4 people who have been most vocal took that one quote as a "confirmed fact" that they are changing RE2.

The Style of RE2, RE4 and REV all suit the games that they are centered around.

RE4 works with its over the shoulder camera and fixed angles would not work as well, while RE2 an over the should would actually be detrimental to the atmosphere and setup of the game.

on topic, Now as for RE4 would i buy it again after owning the GC, PS2 and PS3 versions. Maybe just to have a disc edition since it is only 20$ but i am on the fence about it as of right now.