This is how Resident Evil 4 looks and runs on PS4/Xbox One

Gevirein

not to go off topic but the more i hear about the REMake2 the more worried i become. there is a topic on Gamefaqs claiming that the game will not use "fixed Cameras" all because of a qestion Allyson Court asked in a podcast. the way she said it was "Capcom said they are no using fixed camera angles, right?" That looks like a question to me not a statement. So the 2-4 people who have been most vocal took that one quote as a "confirmed fact" that they are changing RE2.

The Style of RE2, RE4 and REV all suit the games that they are centered around.

RE4 works with its over the shoulder camera and fixed angles would not work as well, while RE2 an over the should would actually be detrimental to the atmosphere and setup of the game.

on topic, Now as for RE4 would i buy it again after owning the GC, PS2 and PS3 versions. Maybe just to have a disc edition since it is only 20$ but i am on the fence about it as of right now.

Personally I never thought the RE2 remake is going to be anywhere near as good as the original RE1 remake, this is mainly because Shinji Mikami (RE's creator) left Capcom years ago and the RE1 remake was released before RE4 and all its action-focused sequels were released, so that's why that remake really captured the sense of Survival Horror.

But now without Mikami working on the project and this new remake is being released on the post-action era of the RE franchise I don't think the RE2 remake is going to be that good, I mean I'm not saying that is not going to be good and maybe fans will like it but is not going to be any "masterpiece" like the RE1 remake was, which totally improved on everything from the original PS1 game while still 100% keeping its essence. 

So for this new remake I don't expect fixed camera angles (hopefully there will be an option to change between them, like in RE5's Lost in Nightmare Easter Egg), it will be more easy than the original RE2, and I expect some other action elements from recent entries to be bought for this remake (checkpoints, easier inventory, maybe easier puzzles, etc...)

Hope I'm wrong though and we get a faithful remake of the original PS1's RE2.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I believe it depends on the software they are using to record, or they just turned down the brightness at bit. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it up more than that on either the game or on your TV. :D

That's good to hear, thanks!

• Like 1

Are the pre order bonuses worth it? Or should I wait till after the game launches? The end of August will be pretty busy for me because a) Battlefield 1 Open Beta B) Personal finances

The pre order bonuses are 2 Resident Evil 20th anniversary PSN avatars. They pre order bonus are exclusive to the NA region.

Co3rU0PUkAApFuH.jpg Co3rU0TUAAAHBpc.jpg

• Like 1

I don't get why they keep saying the game comes with Separate Ways, bonus costumes, etc... shouldn't that be obvious?

They've got to try and sell us on the game somehow. Even if it means making out like they're including extra content, but they aren't. If they just said "Here's the same game we've sold you 20 times before, but this time it's at a slightly higher resolution and frame rate. Please buy it!" then it wouldn't sound anywhere near as appealing.  :P

I always assumed these games were self contained. I've only played Resident Evil 5 (360), but the characters in that game don't seem to appear in RE4. It makes sense the series as a whole connects, but does the character you play as change?

Anyway I really liked 5, and I hear 4 is better.

I'd love to play it; there is the slight problem it launches along side Witcher III Complete, and Fallout 4: Nuka-World

Will only get this if there is a platinum, there's no point in purchasing the same game again, i have it for the Wii aswell. 

I hope so too :( I've already played it too many times before so I don't feel like spending $20 again on it unless they include something new like a Platinum, which will give to it a new challenge. If it doesn't come with one then maybe I'll grab it on a sale some time for less than $5 or $9 but not at full price.

The pre order bonuses are 2 Resident Evil 20th anniversary PSN avatars. They pre order bonus are exclusive to the NA region.

Co3rU0PUkAApFuH.jpg

That Leon one is very pretty! did they made it from scratch for this new remaster or is just a cropped version of an old Leon's picture? either way would've been awesome to play it with next gen graphics like those!

-------------------------

I don't get why they keep saying the game comes with Separate Ways, bonus costumes, etc... shouldn't that be obvious?

They've got to try and sell us on the game somehow. Even if it means making out like they're including extra content, but they aren't. If they just said "Here's the same game we've sold you 20 times before, but this time it's at a slightly higher resolution and frame rate. Please buy it!" then it wouldn't sound anywhere near as appealing.  :P

Like Undead Wolf said is just a way to promote it and get more people to buy it, although in this case this information came from an external/unofficial Sony site.

From what I know only the original GameCube release doesn't come with some of the extra stuff like the Separate Ways chapter, some weapons and costumes, etc but starting with the PS2 release pretty much every other port has come with all of that extra content. :)

I always assumed these games were self contained. I've only played Resident Evil 5 (360), but the characters in that game don't seem to appear in RE4. It makes sense the series as a whole connects, but does the character you play as change?

Anyway I really liked 5, and I hear 4 is better.

I'd love to play it; there is the slight problem it launches along side Witcher III Complete, and Fallout 4: Nuka-World

Yeah what changes the most is the background story and the characters and antagonists' relationship between them, like for example if you haven't played the first two Resident Evil you'll probably won't understand what Umbrella and Raccoon City were, how Ada and Leon knows each other, who's Wesker, some virus, some references from past games, etc but the premise changes between each game. In RE5 case Chris appeared in RE 1 and Code Veronica and he mentions Leon from RE4 since he also knows him from Code Veronica, along with Jill who was Chris partner on RE 1 and she became the protagonist again to survive on Raccoon City on RE 3.

I think 4 is better than 5, but the real Resident Evil experience (horror + suspense + scares + minimal action) is that from the older games like RE 1, 2, 3, 0 and Code Veronica X. If you haven't played them and maybe you want to some day I'll recommend you to give the RE1 remake remaster a try, which has become a total success on the PS Store according to Capcom. Is definitely a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre, while 4, 5 and 6 shifted its genre to a more action-focused gameplay and left the suspense and creepiness from past installments behind, which caused some negative critics among fans of the older games and now they are trying to going back to horror with RE7.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/23/2016 at 4:14 PM, MilanYildirim said:

I have never played any Resident Evil games before. Is this a must play?
What about those different Resident Evils on ps4? Are they also remastered?

Resident Evil 4 Remastered on PS4 is a must play. The graphics looked awesome before, but now with the update they are amazing.

The story is really well written as well.

• Like 2