StingX2's Trophy Experience

StingX2

I read a bunch of these topics and wanted to make one!

Hello everyone I'm StingX2 and I was a super gamerscore guy on X360 but I wasn't sold about the X1 and bought a ps4 back in october. I had a ps3 previously but never really was interested in it, now I'm living the Sony life. I decided to start streaming my adventures thru ps1-ps4, psp, and psn on twitch. (vita is a bedtime and netflix treat for me) So I don't pick a lot of my own games to play these days as my viewers do but I do trophy hunt the ones I play on stream after.

Update: I have learned to balance a fulltime job and game finally so lets trophy hunt

Platinum Games

Spoiler

#1.Madden NFL 13 Vita
Date Finished: 9/30/2012
I won this game in some contest and well as a madden addict I enjoyed it a lot. The trophy hunting though was kind of a pain and I was super lucky to find a guy online trying to boost this. Also my first plat!

#2.The Walking Dead Vita
Date Finished: 11/11/2013
I was part of a gaming club and the game of the month was this. I had previously tried the free episode on xbox 360 but wasn't feeling it. Then I saw this on sale and said I'll just try to do it on vita. Man was that a great choice as it rekindled a love of telltale (the Wallace & Gromit series had hurt me a lot) and I actually liked something horror related.

#3.Rayman Origins Vita
Date Finished: 8/25/2014
I have a weird history with this game. I hated it before release after trying the demo, then eventually played it on x360 and loved it. I found myself not only playing Origins on Vita but suddenly trying to perfect it. It took me about two weeks of almost all my gaming time to perfect this but it felt great to do so.

#4.Jak and Daxter HD
Date Finished: 10/21/2014
I found myself in another gaming club so I found myself playing this game finally. I did it way back on the PS2 but after earning the first trophy on the ps3 version had left it sitting for 2 years. I thoroughly enjoyed this full replay and it was the first time I ever 100%'d the game.

#5.Tales of Xillia
Date Finished: 3/7/2015
I hadn't played a Tales of game since Symphonia on the Gamecube so when this came up in the gaming club I was in I had to play it. Even better I fell in such love with the game, I did a second playthrough and got the plat. Really loved this game.

#6.Sound Shapes Vita
Date Finished: 3/23/2015
The campaign? Easy. Beat School? Easy. The minigames? Those took me months to do.

#7.Sound Shapes PS3
Date Finished: 3/23/2015
Free plat from cloud sync

#8.Sound Shapes PS4
Date Finished: 10/12/2015
I enjoy starting my new ps4 life with a free plat, thanks hard work from 7 months ago!

#9.Madden NFL 11
Date Finished:  1/27/2016
OK this one was all trophy addiction. Madden 11 was a great game but those Madden Moments were extremely frustrating

#10.Rocket League
Date Finished: 3/2/2016
I have no interest in soccer so imagine my surprise playing this awesome game that is essentially soccer with cars. I'd have this 100% too if I could unlock any items online anymore :/

#11.Minecraft
Date Finished: 5/15/2016
I really found earning the trophies in this to be very satisfying instead of what I did on x360 where I joined someones game and got boosted. This was a lot of fun.

#12.Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Date Finished: 5/21/2016
Grinding aside this was a fun platinum to get and its still a great game. Only downside is this port is a bit rough and full of glitches.

#13 Lego Marvel Super Heroes PS4
Date Finished: 6/20/2016
A ton of fun to explore the lego sandbox earning all the different characters. Haven't played a lego game since the first Batman

#14 Goat Simulator PS3
Date Finished: 7/12/2016
I really can't get enough of doing this game. Very fun time earning trophies to screw around with.

#15. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Date Finished: 8/8/2016
I would have had this plat a year ago but I didn't have a 2nd controller for PS3 until recently.

#16 Goat Simulator PS4
Date Finished: 12/26/17
Goats are forever

#17 Yooka-Laylee
Date Finished: 4/30/17

Collect a thons do the heart good, this one really was no different. Janky at times but a ton of fun for me

#18 Lara Croft GO
Date Finished: 5/4/17

I enjoyed this but when I got to the dlc I just let the computer take me for a ride

#19 Batman The Telltale Series
Date Finished: 5/13/17

This was a lot of fun, surprisingly have a ton of these telltale games left

#20 My Name is Mayo PS4
Date Finished: 7/6/17

My poor arm

#21 1000 Top Rated
Date Finished: 7/6/17

Thanks?

#22 My Name is Mayo Vita
Date Finished: 7/14/17

This was easier on vita on my arm

#23 Gravity Rush Remastered
Date Finished: 8/14/17

This was a blast, I'm so stoked to have this plat as it glitched on vita for me

#24 Undertale

Date Finished: 9/8/17

So easy you don't need to beat the game!

#25 Monster Jam Crush It

Date Finished: 10/20/17

This game really didn't seem real it was so easy

#26 Arcade Ms Pac Man

This caused more profanity than I care to admit!

#27 Arcade Pac Man

This was a lot easier than Ms

#28 Dig Dug

Date Finished: 10/21/17

This was a large pain for me, I really hate Dig Dug

#29 Tekken 7

Date Finished: 12/25/17

Story was a letdown hell the game was pretty rushed feeling but I enjoyed this. Not particularly hard

#30 36 Fragments of Midnight

Date Finished: 12/28/17

This was whatever

#31 36 Fragments of Midnight Vita

Date Finished: 12/28/17

This was almost unplayable on vita

#32 The Sexy Brutale

Date Finished: 1/1/18

This game was amazing, highly suggest playing it

#33 Squareboy Vs The Bullies

Date Finished: 1/30/18

Like a really basic bad nes beat em up in your hands

#34 Squareboy Vs The Bullies Arena Edition

Date Finished: 1/30/18

Like a really basic bad nes beat em up but on the tv

#35 Soul Calibur II HD Online

Date Finished: 2/7/18

This was actually quite tricky in spots. It appears simple but it was a bit devious

#36 Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL

Date Finished: 2/8/18

Knockoff smash bros clone, a bit groany painful to play

100% But No Platinum

Spoiler

#1.Back to the Future Episode 3 Citizen Brown
Date Finished: 6/10/2011
This was a fun episode that got the game back on track after a rather lackluster 3rd episode. I think I played this post Sony hack?

#2.Back to the Future Episode 4 Double Visions
Date Finished: 6/16/2011
This episode didn't provide the thrills of 4 but it ended up still being quite a fun adventure romp

#3.Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Date Finished: 6/29/2012
A year later I felt compelled to have an easy completion so I bought this on sale and did it. Not a huge virtua fighter guy personally always felt the combat to be sluggish.

#4.Daytona USA
Date Finished: 9/6/2012
Like the above I picked it up on a sale but unlike the above I always enjoyed this silly racing game.

#5.Back to the Future Episode 5 OUTATIME
Date Finished: 1/12/2013
7 months later I finally remembered this came out and decided to go back to knock it out. Loved the direction of this episode and it is a shame no sequel season :P

#6.Machinarium
Date Finished: 4/27/2014
At some point in 2014 I was starting a rough part of my life and I found myself finishing this game. I liked the art style but absouletely hated the game from start to finish. Was very happy to have this just done.

#7.Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Date Finished: 4/29/2014
I was waiting ages for a sale of this then it went on PS Plus. I was extremely happy and well I ran thru this version extremely fast. The only holdup was one of the collectible items took me a few extra days to find.

#8.Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Date Finished: 7/18/2014
I can't remember what made me decide to do this game as I was leaving a very negative job but I did. The game was quite hard for me, caused me to get pretty frustrated as well. Until I unlocked Granny who is so broken that the game became super easy.

#9.Doki Doki Universe
Date Finished: 8/8/2014
Still in an unemployed funk I sat thru this during the end of july and start of august. This had me extremely interested because I heard it had some connection to ToeJam & Earl of old...instead I got an extremely boring language minigame adventure.

#10.The Walking Dead Season 2 Vita
Date Finished: 12/6/2014
I did not enjoy the story direction season 2 went into but I still liked the game overall. It didn't run great on vita and the lack of a plat trophy was a bummer.

#11.Child of Light Vita
Date Finished: 1/5/2015
I hadn't thought I'd enjoy this game at all from what I had saw initially but was convinced by a friend this was the game to play. So I trusted him and found one of my favorite RPGs of recent years.

#12 Fez
Date Finished: 3/8/2015
Another Game club pick, I had done this on x360 but the chance to do this again seemed fun. Also got my friend to finally play it as long as we played alongside each other so it was fun!

#13 Welcome Park
Date Finished: 4/17/2015
Honestly the only issue here was the sliding puzzles, I really hate those

#14 Brothers A Tale of Two Sons PS3
Date Finished: 4/19/2015
Another I did on x360 first but also again for the game club. I still like this game quite a bit. I do not get why the last achievement is whale watching chronologically instead of the ending. There is a great story here where a friend got this trophy last and thought it was the ending so he cut it off. He didn't realize the game had an actual ending, he thought the father died and became a whale so his sons watched him jump in the water xD.

#15 New Paint Park
Date Finished:  4/20/2015
This was a nothing completion, thanks Sony!

#16 Tennis in the Face
Date Finished: 4/23/2015
I really like these angry birds like games. Tennis in the Face was bad but fun

#17 ToeJam & Earl
Date Finished: 5/2/2015
This game is a lot of fun but it has always frustrated me on later stages. The trophies were easy but they caused a lot of frustration.

#18 detuned
Date Finished: 5/6/2015
This isn't a game.

#19 Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Date Finished: 5/14/2015
I like Kingdom Hearts games for its wonderful action but dear god take that away and all you have is a rough story.

#20 Sonic the Fighters
Date Finished: 6/26/2015
This was a very silly idea for a fighting game, easily exploited.

#21 Ring Run Circus
Date Finished: 7/8/2015
I hated this game. It could have been a super fun puzzle game but it controls so terribly.

#22 Doodle God
Date Finished: 9/21/2015
Oh Dear why did I buy this cellphone nonsense? Oi.

#23 Monopoly Plus PS3
Date Finished:  12/1/2015
I really am a sucker for board games so this was up my alley. "Get more than M100 thanks to a card" took ages though.

#24 Song of the Deep
Date Finished:  8/11/2016
I didn't think I'd complete this until I realized 100% items wasn't needed which is great as one glitched for me! Great game though, need more metroidish games in my life

#25. Monopoly Family Fun Pack
Date Finished: 8/16/2016
Both Plus and Deal are extremely easy games to do trophies for and both very fun.

#26 NBA 2k17: The Prelude
Date Finished: 9/13/17

I managed to lose every game and not get drafted

#27 Actual Sunlight
Date Finished: 10/11/16

This was a baddddddd preachy game :/

#28 Arcade Archives: KiKi KaiKai
Date Finished: 11/5/16

Fun Fact when you start the game the sound of the drums are sounding out KIIII KIII KAII KAII

#29 Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Date Finished: 7/14/17

Finally got that one multiplayer trophy woo, this is a bad port

#30 Battle Trivia Knockout
Date Finished: 8/3/17

This was some ios level of pure pain

#31 It's Spring Again
Date Finished: 8/6/17

I felt dirty doing this

#32 NBA 2k18 Prelude

Date Finished: 9/29/17

I looked at some shoes

#33 Aabs Animals Vita

Date Finished: 11/28/17

I looked at a cat

#34 Aabs Animals

Date Finished: 12/13/17

I looked at a cat again

#35 Virtua Fighter 2

Date Finished: 2/7/18

Very easy list

#36 Gunstar Heroes

Date Finished: 2/12/18

Great classic game, easy trophies

#37 Super Hang On

This was tough but a lot of fun

#38 Alex Kidd in Miracle World

I have no idea why people have fond memories of this awful franchise

#39 The Revenge of Shinobi

Same as above

#40 Doodle Devil

Date Finished: 2/14/18

I like this concept but it gets way too strange later

#41 Altered Beast

Date Finished: 2/17/18

Finally knocked out that easy online trophy!

Edited by StingX2
update
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

It's back to work for me after managing job + free time. These are my current focuses for trophy hunting!

Undertale 6/30

I streamed this back on pc so I'm free to just rampage the trophies! Yay Easy platinum for me soon

Gravity Rush Remastered 55/64

I have the plat but i have some trophies to wrap up, I only have a few of these games that are plat but not 100% and aside from Rocket League I think they are doable

Goat Simulator 59/83

I really don't like GoatZ but I'm gonna have to stomach that to finish this. I also need to wrap up Waste of Space

Minecraft 63/88

This has gotten crazy out of control. I need to reclaim this

Rocket League 66/82

Another game that got away from me, not sure how i slipped so much. Actually I do,

Budding Artist
Collect a Painted Item

That trophy annoyed me as I stopped earning online unlocks completely :/

Gravity Rush Remastered 64/64

The dlc was easy to wrap up but man was it BAD. Literally cut content chapters that felt awful to play.

Rocket League 71/82

Started working on this but what I have left is gonna take some work. like a lot of competitive matches :(

I just picked up Madden 18 but i'm hoping to work on this plat now and not let it sit in my backlog. Actually a sports a thon would do me good.

19 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Wow, you have a lot of games on your list that I would never touch, for one reason or another! I really enjoyed Child of Light, though. It was like the only game I ever played on Xbox...when I owned one...before I returned it...for a full refund...

Good times.

I pretty much play anything and everything even if the servers are down (RIP Madden 10). It also means I will never clear my full backlog. :(

4 minutes ago, StingX2 said:

I pretty much play anything and everything even if the servers are down (RIP Madden 10). It also means I will never clear my full backlog. :(

Well, there's nothing wrong with that! I do wish developers would stop adding trophies that could someday be unobtainable, though. It's kinda like trying to sell a used calendar. I mean, sure, there is a time in which it will benefit the person who buys it, but it will someday be rendered obsolete. Why not design the game so that it can be fully enjoyed by anybody at any time?

But it's cool that you don't let that stop you from playing what you want.

• Like 1

Yea they make me so sad when the servers go down :(

Here is yesterdays recap!

Rocket League 73/82 (+2)

I put 4 hours into the competitive and was able to win on the champion field and qualify to 'rank'. My issue here is still the same, I need certified items to drop and they never do for me :X

Madden 18 5/41 (+5)

Heyyyy the trophies went live, hoping to be aggressive with this one. MUT trophies are done, next up is the individual game trophies, saving Longshot for last.

Sonic Mania 5/18 (+1)

Burned a bridge woooo I'm a menace. Professional Hedgehog is the only trophy that concerns me here, this one requires you to complete a very very long stage without ever being damaged.

• Like 1

It was a sports and car day yesterday

Madden 18 28/41 (+23)

Thanks to those awesome video guides I have the legacy trophies done. Also finished Longshot story mode but missed 2 trophies whoops.

ModNation Racers (22/69) (+6)

Finished the career, man i really don't like this one. This is one game I'll clean up but then drop.

Hey RBD!

So with rocket league fizzling out for the moment I'm switching my attention to God of War Chains of Olympus on ps3 which was like one of the first games I streamed...unfortunately streamed the psp version so no trophies gahhhh. Luckily its been over 2 years and I forgot most of the game!

Agents of Mayhem 15/50 (+15)

This is one of those games that I'm compelled to well do sidequests in and it punishes me for it. Endless repeating sidequests? ugh. I'm not sure about the plat trophy here but I'm gonna just work on beating the game for now.

Rocket League 74/82 (+1)

Traded for an item, think i might put this to rest again as I can't get anything to even drop

Been a crazy week at work and this game  has a few trophies that are gonna be pain.

Agents of Mayhem 28/50

12 missions to go should  knock out 8 trophies which would leave me at 36/50. I can see another easy 4 trophies to make the last 10 a wildcard. I really don't like this game, and the aspects I do like are not saving it from my hate. :(

Agents of Mayhem 43/50

This is it, the game is beat, the Ark is upgraded, the trials are done, the side mini game is done! There are 2 relatively easy trophies left

Secrets Within Secrets
Enter a secret room, inside a secret room, inside a LEGION lair.

Random :/

Contract Killer
Complete 30 Mayhem & Agent Contracts.

I have to investigate how many I've finished, I should be close but I want this

After that I got to decide do I really want to play every mission on difficulty 7 or more....the answer is probably no. I'm going to collect the Shards as I have only 100 left of the 350, but do I want to grind every agent to level 20? Oh boy probably not if I'm not going plat on this

• 3 months later...

2018 for me is a year of clearing as much backlog as possible Sony and Not. I currently sit at 1,495 unbeaten games in my collection

PlayStation 41 

PlayStation 2 121 

PlayStation 3 174 

PlayStation 4 239

PlayStation VR 9 

PlayStation Network 387 

Playstation Vita 87

That is where I stand across all the Sony systems. There are a ton of never before started series for me like Uncharted, Sly Cooper, etc. Hell i just finished infamous 1 last month!

First one down

#1 The Sexy Brutale is beaten, I'm now working on the plat as its decently easy. 

PlayStation 41 

PlayStation 2 121 

PlayStation 3 174 

PlayStation 4 238

PlayStation VR 9 

PlayStation Network 387 

Playstation Vita 87

• 2 weeks later...

Tales of Zestiria

I've hit act 2 on this one and I don't see myself interested in the platinum here. It is gonna require multiple playthroughs on varying difficulties. This is a classic case for me to do all the side stuff, collect the collectibles, beat the game and move on. It isn't a bad game but it isn't good enough to make me feel invested

PlayStation 41 

PlayStation 2 122

PlayStation 3 176

PlayStation 4 238

PlayStation VR 10 

PlayStation Network 387 

Playstation Vita 88

• 1 month later...

At 36 platinums and 41 100% titles!

I've been working on some Secret of Mana but mostly been earning trophies in games I beat then put down for whatever reason over the last couple years. Still not really caring about true 100% in games like Amalur asking for an entire second hard playthrough. I'll pass.

My initial list to slog thru

Air Race Speed (Vita)
Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1
Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2
Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition
Catlateral Damage
Comix Zone
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Destiny
DiRT 4
Disc Jam
Fighting Vipers
Goat Simulator
God of War: Chains of Olympus
HITMAN
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita)
Injustice 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Vita)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
King's Quest
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril (Vita)
Madden NFL 12
Madden NFL 18
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition
Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Vita)
Mortal Kombat X
Murasaki Baby (Vita)
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Overwatch: Origins Edition
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita)
Proteus
Ratchet & Clank ps4
Rayman Legends (Vita)
Saints Row IV ps3
Shadow Complex Remastered
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus (Vita)
Sonic CD
Sonic Generations
Sonic Mania
Sonic The Hedgehog
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

• 2 months later...

Went on a gaming marathon while out of work with a broken foot, now back at work...with a semi broken foot (dragging is fun?) and very little gaming time. :|

Since January 1st

Platinum #33 Squareboy Vs the Bullies Vita

Platinum #34 Squareboy Vs the Bullies PS4

Platinum #35 Soul Calibur II HD Online

Platinum #36 Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL

Platinum #37 Midnight Deluxe Vita

Platinum #38 Midnight Deluxe PS4

Platinum #39 Mr Massagy

Platinum #40 Back to the Future PS4

Platinum #41 Energy Cycle PS4

Platinum #42 Energy Cycle Vita

Platinum #43 Nubla

Platinum #44 Little Adventure on the Prairie Vita

Platinum #45 Coffin Dodgers

Platinum #46 Little Adventure on the Prairie PS4

Platinum #47 Jazzpunk

Platinum #48 A Way Out

Platinum #49 Duke Nukem 3D World Tour Anniversary

Platinum #50 Batman Telltale Seasion 2

Platinum #51 Ratchet and Clank HD PS3

Platinum #52 Reverie Vita

And since that reverie plat I haven't even beaten anything as work has stressed me out so much the little time I have I've been game jumping.

But I've recollected myself and now I'm working on Assassins Creed 2 (ezio collection) and do expect a plat from that.