Quick Video Walkthrough on "Hard" Difficulty

dernop

hi,

i recorded my second try on the glitched "hard" difficulty trophy and started uploading those to youtube.
it is meant as a quick run through the chapters, doing mostly only the bare minimum necessary while collecting all the extra lives.

if anyone wants to use it as a guide or simply learn some of the chapters or harder QTE's (they're always the same), this is perhaps for you! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxPTPinnGbTrkCkrcq95hp-gI_B5IQdZD

*update*: the video walkthrough is now complete, good luck!

perhaps i'll make some extra, short videos later with only the hard QTE parts, which you should be able to use as a guide or "preview". like watching a couple of QTEs from the video to memorize, doing them in the game, pausing, watching the video and so on.
it definitely helped me knowing which button presses you have to expect at least roughly. most of the time knowing the rhythm was enough (something like: two times left stick, right stick, both sticks).

i'm trying my third and possibly last (for now) run tonight. will let you know in the other thread if it worked this time!

hope this helps someone ;)
dernop

*edit*: finally got my hard mode trophy on my 5th(!) hard run. the only notable difference this time was that i didn't touch ANY other options at all. so no "QTEs on the bottom" and not muting the music for better concentration.

if you still need the trophy, try making a new profile or even delete the whole saved game beforehand, create one new profile in-game, go to options and ONLY set to hard, start new game and play to the end.

Edited by dernop

Any solution?

Can i repeate some chapter or i have to repeate all the game?

there is no 100% solution right now, unfortunately. i'm currently on my _fourth_ hard run and still no trophy. :(

but i started the game from the beginning every time, just to be sure.

When i exit from the game,do you close directly or push exit from the game?

i tried both. like i said i did three runs so far:

• in multiple sittings, always pressed start (right touchpad) and quit to main menu. (don't think this is important as the game doesn't seem to save when doing this)
  • also multiple sittings, but directly quitting via XMB
  • in one sitting! never even accessed the pause or main menu again. i selected "new game" from the main menu and played 'til the credits rolled

all three times: no trophy. so i don't think it has something to do with that. perhaps it's really just randomly glitched.

i will definitely try again soon and will let everyone know how it went here.

Try uninstall the game and download again

sorry, forgot to mention that: i DID completely delete the game and save data and re-downloaded it before starting my third run in one sitting. it doesn't get more "default" than that. so i really don't know what exactly triggers the glitch :(

I have see your 100℅ platinum,congratulations.

What is the solution?

yeah, i got it late last night on my 5th try on hard.. super annoying. at least i could run through the whole thing basically blind now :P

unfortunately i don't have any definitive solution, i didn't do THAT much different:

i deleted the saved game again, created a new login/profile in-game, went to options and ONLY set the difficulty to hard started a "new game" with tutorial (still don't think it's important tho') and played through it in one sitting while collecting all the tarot cards.

and i didn't rush THAT much this time, since i collected all the cards anyways. did more optional and "mental health" stuff.

my best bet and suggestion would be now: start a new login/save game, don't change anything but the difficulty, simply play it to the credits and hope for the best :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
8 hours ago, Luciofrenetico said:

Any news for the patch? 1f612.png

Tbh i didnt really look for it since then, but quanticdream didn't message me again either after that.

Did you check the latest patch and the patchnotes? 

Oh well, it's been almost a year, perhaps just give it another try? ;)

Sorry that i can't tell you anything better than that :(

15 hours ago, dernop said:

Tbh i didnt really look for it since then, but quanticdream didn't message me again either after that.

Did you check the latest patch and the patchnotes? 

Oh well, it's been almost a year, perhaps just give it another try? ;)

Sorry that i can't tell you anything better than that :(

The last patch it's only for general fix, not mention the hard trophy.

I don't try another run for nothing, if anyone try this please report us, thanks :(

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

Did someone know a sure way to unlock the trophy for hard walkthrough?

Unfortunately no news since the last time I checked. so it still seems to be hit-and-miss with this trophy :(

Best thing you can do is simply give it a try or so with the tips provided in this thread.

And at this point, I'd be really surprised if they ever patch this. So "keep trying" seems to be the best thing you can do.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news, good luck!