Re:Zero Anime Gets A VN Game - LE Revealed

Why PS4 section when this is obviously Vita game? :/

To be fair, 5pb. is one of the only VN publishers that bothers with consoles these days along with some galge publisher who can't even give platinums to their games.

In any case, I look forward to this game being so expensive that I can't possibly justify getting it until it hits eBay for $40 or something. :P

Edited by Walter-kun

In any case, I look forward to this game being so expensive that I can't possibly justify getting it until it hits eBay for $40 or something. :P

Lol, if it gets localized, I'm getting it day 1.

This is sweet, but the icing on the cake is that 5pb is doing it. Couldn't find better people to work on the vn.

I agree.

To be fair, 5pb. is one of the only VN publishers that bothers with consoles these days along with some galge publisher who can't even give platinums to their games.

The bigger question is how many VN publishers actually have enough money to get a console release that don't have 1 already. Besides 5pb, there is Kadokawa, Otomate, and Aquaplus, all releasing VNs onto consoles still, and that covers most VNs people have heard about besides games from large Eroge companies (Favorite, Pulltop, Eushully, Akabei, etc.) and random memes.

As for the topic, this is 1 VN that I plan to skip all the way through, regardless if it is translated or not. I personally dislike the series a lot, but you can't deny the existence of a plat, assuming I get it.

The bigger question is how many VN publishers actually have enough money to get a console release that don't have 1 already. Besides 5pb, there is Kadokawa, Otomate, and Aquaplus, all releasing VNs onto consoles still, and that covers most VNs people have heard about besides games from large Eroge companies (Favorite, Pulltop, Eushully, Akabei, etc.) and random memes.

As for the topic, this is 1 VN that I plan to skip all the way through, regardless if it is translated or not. I personally dislike the series a lot, but you can't deny the existence of a plat, assuming I get it.

Kadokawa seems to have just started bothering with console releases (not to mention they don't generally focus on VNs), Otomate hasn't really done a console release for a while now, and Aquaplus doesn't really do much in general (which probably explains why their output is well-regarded :P), so as far as focusing on VNs for consoles, 5pb. is currently the only company doing it to this day, with Kadokawa being a potential candidate if they decide to pursue that route in the future.

I personally haven't watched the series yet, but I may get to it sooner rather than later because of this.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re:Zero Starting Life in a Different World), or Re:Zero for short, gets a visual novel game :dance:(and people didn't believe me when I said this would happen). It'll be developed by 5pb (known for VNs like Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes). They did an excellent job with Steins;Gate, so I'm sure this game will be amazing too. The release date and platforms haven't been announced yet, but the PS4 and/or Vita would seem like the most likely choices. Here's hoping it'll be released in the west too.

like Satoshi? :awesome:

and that is the question, will it be localized or be in the line of the games that I want to be localized?(I am still waiting for Clannad's PSN ver localization)

and oh, the next q is: how many bad endings that you need to witness before you could progress to True End :awesome:

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

and that is the question, will it be localized or be in the line of the games that I want to be localized?(I am still waiting for Clannad's PSN ver localization)

and oh, the next q is: how many bad endings that you need to witness before you could progress to True End :awesome:

Maybe :ninja:.

I really hope the game will be localized. Learning Japanese isn't very high on my To Do list at the moment.

Most likely a few for every arc.

Kadokawa seems to have just started bothering with console releases (not to mention they don't generally focus on VNs), Otomate hasn't really done a console release for a while now, and Aquaplus doesn't really do much in general (which probably explains why their output is well-regarded :P), so as far as focusing on VNs for consoles, 5pb. is currently the only company doing it to this day, with Kadokawa being a potential candidate if they decide to pursue that route in the future.

I personally haven't watched the series yet, but I may get to it sooner rather than later because of this.

Wait, do you consider Vita as a console? Collar X Malice just came out for Otomate, and Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoro is right around the corner for Aquaplus.

Wait, do you consider Vita as a console? Collar X Malice just came out for Otomate, and Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoro is right around the corner for Aquaplus.

I'm considering it as a portable. When I say "console," I mean home consoles like PS3 and PS4. Everyone and their mother releases VNs on the Vita these days. :P

:highfive: Maybe what they'll do is use the VN instead of a second season of anime. I mean, it's pretty much inevitable that there's gonna be a second season, since there are only 4 more episodes releasing IIRC.

Nah, they won't do that. Losing possible chance for S2 is probably not what they want to do.

Tell me you did expect it :P

(I am still waiting for Clannad's PSN ver localization)

Until forever? :P

I'm not familiar with this anime, is it set in the same universe of Steins;Gate or is it something different entirely? While I like the story of Steins;Gate, I found the fact that your path through the game was decided by what texts and calls to send/answer etc very unintuitive and less engaging than "choices" in other games, how do you think that would be handled here? 

Like they did with Akame Ga Kill? Kappa

The anime ending is having a lot of similarities with the manga ... so yeah, it might be canon stuff after all :|.

I'm not familiar with this anime, is it set in the same universe of Steins;Gate or is it something different entirely? While I like the story of Steins;Gate, I found the fact that your path through the game was decided by what texts and calls to send/answer etc very unintuitive and less engaging than "choices" in other games, how do you think that would be handled here? 

Nope, it's a completely different story in a different universe based on a light novel. 5pb isn't coming up with the story (assuming the game follows the events from the novel/anime and isn't an original story). I recommend to watch the Re:Zero anime, it's really great. There's a synopsis in the first post.

• Like 1

Not enough button mashing combat.

There's a lot of button mashing if they don't put in a skip function :awesome:

Why PS4 section when this is obviously Vita game? :/

I thought the same thing. I actually wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't on the most recent section on the home page. I'll almost never go in the PS4 section.

I'm not familiar with this anime, is it set in the same universe of Steins;Gate or is it something different entirely? While I like the story of Steins;Gate, 

5pb is not only S;G or semicolon series xD

I found the fact that your path through the game was decided by what texts and calls to send/answer etc very unintuitive and less engaging than "choices" in other games, how do you think that would be handled here? 

Well, definitely not by phone :D Since the only phone in the world is used by MC to surprise people =D

Choices are definitely going to be there. But considering how the story is handled, we can presume there will be bad endings that make you backtrack to specific previous point of time to redo the progress differently maybe with different choices.

There's a lot of button mashing if they don't put in a skip function :awesome:

Oh you :awesome:

But... that will never happen...

Oh you :awesome:

But... that will never happen...

While not 5pb, Xblaze: Lost Memories exist. It has only Auto available until you finish a section once. You can't use skip before that. As a result, to speed through the game, you need to mash buttons.

As for 5pb games, they most annoying ones to my memory are memories off 6 and 7. Memories Off 6's, skip only worked for 1 screen. On the next screen, it checks to see if the skip button is currently held down or not, so you must either hold down the skip button for the entire 6 hrs (by rubber band), or just a turbo controller. As for Memories Off 7, it has a decision heavy minigame meaning you won't be able to stop looking at the screen and press buttons constantly to complete the game. While, 5PM has a lot of experience making VNs, they have made weird functionality before.

What is bad about it?

I find visual novels kind of boring. Much prefer to have some actual gameplay.

Plus there's no replay value at all for a visual novel. Once you know the story you know it. With a regular game even though you may know what happens in the story you still get to enjoy the gameplay.

As for 5pb games, they most annoying ones to my memory are memories off 6 and 7. Memories Off 6's, skip only worked for 1 screen. On the next screen, it checks to see if the skip button is currently held down or not, so you must either hold down the skip button for the entire 6 hrs (by rubber band), or just a turbo controller. As for Memories Off 7, it has a decision heavy minigame meaning you won't be able to stop looking at the screen and press buttons constantly to complete the game. While, 5PM has a lot of experience making VNs, they have made weird functionality before.

Wow, didn't expect that considering how commonly rare MOffs are.

Hopefully this happens again :awesome:

I find visual novels kind of boring. Much prefer to have some actual gameplay.

Plus there's no replay value at all for a visual novel. Once you know the story you know it. With a regular game even though you may know what happens in the story you still get to enjoy the gameplay.

Well, that's kinda the point =D

You don't want to re-read a book =D VNs work the same way =D

Wow, didn't expect that considering how commonly rare MOffs are.

Hopefully this happens again :awesome:

It really isn't as bad as he let on. Plenty of VNs force you to hold the skip instead of just pressing a button and letting it go. You just need to hold it down with a rubber band and you're golden.

As far as MO7, I do remember having one problem with it, but it was to do with some choice in the main game that I saw in the guide, but not the game. I forget what I did to solve the problem, but it wasn't anything too bad.

Yeah but books are priced cheaper. VNs typically have the same price as a regular game.

VNs also offer much more content xD

Besides, I wouldn't really want to read a book the first time either :P

Well, that explains your stance to VNs, I suppose.

It really isn't as bad as he let on. Plenty of VNs force you to hold the skip instead of just pressing a button and letting it go. You just need to hold it down with a rubber band and you're golden.

As far as MO7, I do remember having one problem with it, but it was to do with some choice in the main game that I saw in the guide, but not the game. I forget what I did to solve the problem, but it wasn't anything too bad.

Damn you, skippers, always finding a way :awesome: :awesome: