Re:Zero Anime Gets A VN Game - LE Revealed

I was about to say that I am interested in this game. Then I realized that since Re;Zero is a multi-media project like Date A Live, so I am guessing this might not get localized either due to licensing issues. So I don't want to raise my hopes up for this, even though I still have really small hope for a Date A Live localization. (comes in Satoshi to destroy my dreams once again)

Edited by TheVader66

I was about to say that I am interested in this game. Then I realized that since Re;Zero is a multi-media project like Date A Live, so I am guessing this won't get localized either due to licensing issues.

It's unlikely, but I noticed that international licensing is getting smoother these days, with anime like LL, getting the mobile game, movie screenings, anime distribution, and anime dub available in the west (and even host a live show). Whether or not Re:Zero is big enough so that people solve these problems is another story.

even though I still have really small hope for a Date A Live localization. (comes in Satoshi to destroy my dreams once again)

Okay, here I go. 

DaL's licencing issue being solved has a same chance as SEGA releasing Phantasy Star Online in the west :awesome:

It's unlikely, but I noticed that international licensing is getting smoother these days, with anime like LL, getting the mobile game, movie screenings, anime distribution, and anime dub available in the west (and even host a live show). Whether or not Re:Zero is big enough so that people solve these problems is another story.

Getting mobile game is one thing, but even RabuRaibu could not get the games localized despite all that. (Also, who in the right mind would dub LL, ffs? It's mean to be a connection to seiyuus, why would you even dub it, wtf?)

Having to go through Sony is a big pain...

I was about to say that I am interested in this game. Then I realized that since Re;Zero is a multi-media project like Date A Live, so I am guessing this might not get localized either due to licensing issues. So I don't want to raise my hopes up for this, even though I still have really small hope for a Date A Live localization. (comes in Satoshi to destroy my dreams once again)

Okay, here I go. 

DaL's licencing issue being solved has a same chance as SEGA releasing Phantasy Star Online in the west :awesome:

Getting mobile game is one thing, but even RabuRaibu could not get the games localized despite all that. (Also, who in the right mind would dub LL, ffs? It's mean to be a connection to seiyuus, why would you even dub it, wtf?)

Having to go through Sony is a big pain...

Could someone please explain what's so hard about licensing games for the west?

I hope the witch of envy will have a route, but more importantly that this wont be just a half assed cash grab piggybacking on the popularity of the source materiall.

That would be great, I want to find out more about the Witch of Envy.

Could someone please explain what's so hard about licensing games for the west?

It's a problem with the amount of people holding licenses because of the cross media licensing. Let's take the simplified example of Date A Live. Date A Live started as a light novel in Fujimi Fantasia Bunko owned by Kadokawa. Some people decided that the series was popular enough to be expanded into other genres. So an anime was made for it for AIC Plus+, some mangas were made, and the item we care about most, the games were made by Compile Heart (a part of Idea Factory). To make this happen, there is a production commitee that says how much each involved group should get for their involvement in making this source material into a multigenre blob. Now, on top of that, we also have licenses for have regional licenses from companies like Funimation and Madman Entertainment for International distribution of the anime. Not fully sure how anime distribution licensing works, but for the DAL games to hit the US, they'll need to not only find a publisher (probably IFI),  but also get the blessing of every partner to say it is okay to distribute the game in another country and happy with however much their company will benefit from this game distribution. 

If I were to take a guess, this means, that at least the game will at least need the approval of Kadokawa, AIC, IF, Funi, and Madman (well they might AU distribution). And who knows how many other groups I skipped over.

(Hopefully this explanation makes sense, I rambled a bit and don't fully know the details myself)

Edited by bladesoframen
  • Like 2

It's a problem with the amount of people holding licenses because of the cross media licensing. Let's take the simplified example of Date A Live. Date A Live started as a light novel in Fujimi Fantasia Bunko owned by Kadokawa. Some people decided that the series was popular enough to be expanded into other genres. So an anime was made for it for AIC Plus+, some mangas were made, and the item we care about most, the games were made by Compile Heart (a part of Idea Factory). To make this happen, there is a production commitee that says how much each involved group should get for their involvement in making this source material into a multigenre blob. Now, on top of that, we also have licenses for have regional licenses from companies like Funimation and Madman Entertainment for International distribution of the anime. Not fully sure how anime distribution licensing works, but for the DAL games to hit the US, they'll need to not only find a publisher (probably IFI),  but also get the blessing of every partner to say it is okay to distribute the game in another country and happy with however much their company will benefit from this game distribution. 

If I were to take a guess, this means, that at least the game will at least need the approval of Kadokawa, AIC, IF, Funi, and Madman (well they might AU distribution). And who knows how many other groups I skipped over.

(Hopefully this explanation makes sense, I rambled a bit and don't fully know the details myself)

You took the words out of my mouth. Now if you excuse me, I am going to go cry that I will never be able to play Date A Live:

All these waifus are out my grasp  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejr8c4cTkm0

More like all of them. 

It's pretty much all or nothing. One no equals global no.

And since there's Kadokawa, chances always decrease.

Here's our first taste of the game. Looks very Steins;Gate-esque, which should come to no surprise.

8HJPg7YG2X0.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You took the words out of my mouth. Now if you excuse me, I am going to go cry that I will never be able to play Date A Live:

Instead of crying, go learn Nipponese :awesome:

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/re-zero-starting-life-another-world-death-kiss-launches-ps4-ps-vita-march-23-japan

So in the end, both platforms... I'm now kinda worried about localization if it's not picked up by pQube or someone normal... they could omit Vita version.

Though, considering this is pure galge, there are slim chances anyway, so maybe the worries are irrational =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Funny thing actually. When I was in middle school, they let you pick out your classes for high school and I choose Japanese learning and when the day finally came where I would enter High School. The high school cut that class along with German learning and Wood shop because one of the schools in the same district managed to drain the school budget on making their school prettier and accidentally hiring too many teachers. Also to just add salt to the wound, Japanese learning, German learning and Wood shop would comeback.................AFTER I FUCKING GRADUATED and not only that, they have Yacht club now.....yes fucking Yacht club....the fuck?

Edited by TheVader66

Funny thing actually. When I was in middle school, they let you pick out your classes for high school and I choose Japanese learning and when the day finally came where I would enter High School. The high school cut that class along with German learning and Wood shop because one of the schools in the same district managed to drain the school budget on making their school prettier and accidentally hiring too many teachers. Also to just add salt to the wound, Japanese learning, German learning and Wood shop would comeback.................WHEN I FUCKING GRADUATED and not only that, they have Yacht club now.....yes fucking Yacht club....the fuck?

img_slide2_1.jpg

Life is simply unfair.

Well, now is the perfect chance to obtain the experience you were robbed off :)

Ok, thanks for the explanation. That definitely makes it easy to understand :D.

Here's our first taste of the game. Looks very Steins;Gate-esque, which should come to no surprise.

8HJPg7YG2X0.jpg

ZYMW2zp.jpg

maMgMVY.jpg

Looking good, the pictures in the magazine look like screenshots from the anime.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/re-zero-starting-life-another-world-death-kiss-launches-ps4-ps-vita-march-23-japan

So in the end, both platforms... I'm now kinda worried about localization if it's not picked up by pQube or someone normal... they could omit Vita version.

Please teach us :awesome:

Nice, I'll add to the OP.

but I want to drive a yacht too...oh you mean learning Japanese 

Lol, looks like you got your priorities set :lol:.

Probably in-game CGs.

No way, do it yourselves :awesome:

Yeah, the quality looks good.

In return I'll teach you how to photoshop :awesome:.

Cute anime girls in revealing outfits = sold!  :awesome:

I haven't watched the anime yet, but you guys seem to like it, so I'll give it a go.

The outfits in the lower part of the pages are what the characters wear in the anime,

WHAT?!

EDITING PERFECTNESS?!

HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY SUCH BLASPHEMY?!

Okay, let's stop here. You will need to learn Japanese once it's confirmed to never see the light of western shores =D

There's always something to improve :awesome:.

Considering the game has an original story, I lost some interest in it :|.