Foxiest of the Hounds Trophy Requirements

GTAJJ

Does anyone know the requirements for the trophy.

- Do you need Ghost & Smooth Operator?

- Does the Alarm at GARM count?

- Does the Alarm at M17 count?

- Are the bots after meeting Janus automatically like that?

Edited by GTAJJ

If it's anything like Human Revolution, then story based alarms won't count against the trophy.

I thought that.

I've re completed the last mission various different ways, still no trophy. I did this during my perma death playthrough so I know that I haven't been seen at all ever. Yet no trophy. 

thing is like alot of stealth games lately just because you wasnt there for the alarm dosnt mean u didnt set 1 off 

like if u knocked out a guy in this room and hide him but 5 mins later you 5 rooms past it but a guy found the body (oops) he sets off the alarm for that room u dont get notified but it happend

Did someone had same issue in mission 7 ? I became Otar boy so i had to kill this one man ( i don't remember his name) but i left him but after that i replied this mission for almost 2 hours but i never got ghost in this mission.

you get a Ghost Bonus before the elevator. I don't think there is a Ghost Bonus for the last part of the mission.

i also tried it several times. Fully cloaked and silenced from start to beginning without letting the cloak off. Also didn't get the Bonus.

must be save.

I thought that.

I've re completed the last mission various different ways, still no trophy. I did this during my perma death playthrough so I know that I haven't been seen at all ever. Yet no trophy. 

Maybe you have failed a hack (security door or turret bot) along the way? That was dealer-breaker back in Human Revolution as for no alarm triggered trophy.

Need some help in a particular bit:

When you meet Janus and have to escape the drones, no matter what I do they go hostile if I jump down the hole. On the other hand if I remote hack them, they turn orange and ''searching'' once I drop through.

does this count against me? how do I circumvent it?

When you meet Janus and have to escape the drones, no matter what I do they go hostile if I jump down the hole. On the other hand if I remote hack them, they turn orange and ''searching'' once I drop through.

Hey, ran into the exact same problem on my run today. Actually there are two ways to get out of this area. The big hole you mentioned always triggered the red "searching". Left from this hole should be another entrance. If I remember correctly it was even the one you first entered the area from and you'll end up back on the streets. This approach didn't trigger any alarms etc.

• Like 1

Maybe you have failed a hack (security door or turret bot) along the way? That was dealer-breaker back in Human Revolution as for no alarm triggered trophy.

I did this with my perma death playthrough start to finish. I didn't fail any because of the greater risk of restarting the whole game. I tweeted them and they never responded. Guess they don't even know the real mechanics behind what counts as an alarm.

I had the same issue. Stay cloaked as you go down and they should enter searching mode.

Hey, ran into the exact same problem on my run today. Actually there are two ways to get out of this area. The big hole you mentioned always triggered the red "searching". Left from this hole should be another entrance. If I remember correctly it was even the one you first entered the area from and you'll end up back on the streets. This approach didn't trigger any alarms etc.

That has laser beams on it though right?

Why couldn't they just have a stats page with alarms triggered...

I did this with my perma death playthrough start to finish. I didn't fail any because of the greater risk of restarting the whole game. I tweeted them and they never responded. Guess they don't even know the real mechanics behind what counts as an alarm.

I had the same issue. Stay cloaked as you go down and they should enter searching mode.

That has laser beams on it though right?

Why couldn't they just have a stats page with alarms triggered...

Hey, I think you're right but with maxed out stealth camo this shouldn't be a problem.

Just in case you guys don't know already, Powerpyx posted a few good tips for the stealth playthrough:

At the start of mission 13 (GARM) you must call Vega and not Miller. Calling Miller will cause an unavoidable alarm in the first enemy section of this mission. Do not use the drill (skip “Core Driller” trophy) and do not take out any enemies in the first hall. To get to the next area go through the electrified pipe in the corner of the hall instead of using the keypad at the door.

At the end of the game in mission 16 you must go to Miller first instead of fighting Marchenko! Fighting Marchenko before going to Miller will trigger an unavoidable alarm in mission 17!

On top I noticed that this game seems to be glitched at some points. In the last mission make sure to knock out all 11 guards in the big lounge area. In case the key card holder isn't randomly determined each playthrough start with the guy that's at the end of the hall right from the doors which lead to the boss fight. He's patroling but mostly standing infront of a stand filled with champagne bottles. Afterwards try to work your way from this point slowly back to the start of the area where you came out of the elevator. Did it the other way around and for some reason random alarms triggered and the final boss cutscene started before giving me the time limit. After you cleared everything, go to Miller, then Marchenko and finally to the delegates. Worked fine this way. Hopefully this saves other peoples time trying to figure it out in case they encounter the same problem :)

I have a question in level one when You need to stop the helicopter that part must be at stealth too?or i can just run to heli normally?

I can confirm you can pick up the Ghost and Smooth Operator bonuses here. From the start of the ambush, I dropped down and used the Icarus strike to knock out the guy below. I then went into cover, engaged the cloak and the silent movement augs, and walked down the ramp to the left side of the helicopter. You'll have to use one or two biocells to recharge, but you can do that on the fly so you never become de-cloaked. You can get there without being seen or heard.

Not sure if this is where people are losing out on Foxiest, but it couldn't hurt to try this if you get through without getting those trophies.

Edited by NeilBefore_ZOD

Hey, I think you're right but with maxed out stealth camo this shouldn't be a problem.

Just in case you guys don't know already, Powerpyx posted a few good tips for the stealth playthrough:

On top I noticed that this game seems to be glitched at some points. In the last mission make sure to knock out all 11 guards in the big lounge area. In case the key card holder isn't randomly determined each playthrough start with the guy that's at the end of the hall right from the doors which lead to the boss fight. He's patroling but mostly standing infront of a stand filled with champagne bottles. Afterwards try to work your way from this point slowly back to the start of the area where you came out of the elevator. Did it the other way around and for some reason random alarms triggered and the final boss cutscene started before giving me the time limit. After you cleared everything, go to Miller, then Marchenko and finally to the delegates. Worked fine this way. Hopefully this saves other peoples time trying to figure it out in case they encounter the same problem :)

Yeah I have him on my friends list and speak a lot, I told him about it, the end game choices isn't the cause. Do you need to knock out the guards at the party in order to not have an automatic alarm?

Edited by GTAJJ

Can you tell me more about your story decisions?

- Gave Talos Rucker's info to Miller or Vega? (highly doubt it matters)

- Did Bank Heist or Allison mission (I know for sure doing Allison's quest will let you get the stealth trophy. I don't know about bank heist, has yet to be confirmed.)

- Did you do optional objective in mission 15 (clear out the 10 fake guards) before using the elevator? You must take them out to prevent the alarm.

- Did you go to Miller first or Marchenko (at end of the game)? You should go to Miller first.

Main cause for the trophy not popping is failed hacks or a camera / security device going full red.

Also, the alarm in M13 (GARM) can and must be avoided. You can avoid it by calling Vega instead of Miller. Don't take anyone out in the facility, just use cloak and biocells to refill. Then crouch through the facility and go into the electrified pipe in the back of the area. You are not allowed to use the drill either.

Edited by PowerPyx
  • Like 2

- Did Bank Heist or Allison mission (I know for sure doing Allison's quest will let you get the stealth trophy. I don't know about bank heist, has yet to be confirmed.)

- Did you do optional objective in mission 15 (clear out the 10 fake guards) before using the elevator? You must take them out to prevent the alarm.

- Did you go to Miller first or Marchenko (at end of the game)? You should go to Miller first.

Main cause for the trophy not popping is failed hacks or a camera / security device going full red.

Also, the alarm in M13 (GARM) can and must be avoided. You can avoid it by calling Vega instead of Miller. Don't take anyone out in the facility, just use cloak and biocells to refill. Then crouch through the facility and go into the electrified pipe in the back of the area. You are not allowed to use the drill either.

Really not allowed to use the drill? It doesn't cause any alarms though.. That is really disheartening. I guess that's the cause of me not getting Foxiest of the Hounds since the DE Universe app shows I have 16 missions completed without detection..... Yay.

I've saved at all the choices and done them all different variations. Ghost appears on the bank heist too BTW. 

And yes, I knock out the guards... however the touching any guards, voids the Ghost accolade as you didn't bypass them so I guess that Ghost doesn't count?

Always go to Miller first as Marchenko is inaccessible (unless discovered) or do you mean go to the delegates first?

Also what about the bit after Janus. Did you go down the hole or return through the lasers?

I kept getting the alarm at GARM but thought it was story based as Marchenko knocks you out knowing they are discovered and the speaker saying "This is a general Alarm".

Trophy is stupid when the description is false and story choices affect it.

Also like to add that the police on the first out of free roam area (getting the DSD) they went on search mode when I got there. Voided Ghost. I think there's buggy AI.

Does New Game + void he trophy?

Edited by GTAJJ

I just got this on "I never asked for this". After messing around with a few troublesome spots this is what I found out. 

-After meeting Janus and escaping the drones, no matter what I did in regards to avoiding the drones and falling down the hole it ALWAYS had one or two of the drones flip to hostile and begin a searching mode that immediately expired. THIS DID NOT COUNT AGAINST ME. A 'panic' cool down did start but that didn't count as an alarm (same thing happens when you have the cops kill Drahomir) I didn't get spotted by anything or trip any lasers as I left either. Note I did not get Ghost or Smooth Operator when I climbed out of the sewer just 'Getting Things Done' (would assume that it's a story alarm but did my best to stay in stealth) 

-There is a glitch (or good enough that it screwed me over the first time I went through) in the GARM facility. You CANNOT go through the tunnel you open with the Ice Drill. Every time I went through it tripped a conversation with the pilot and flipped everyone into searching mode. Just to be safe I went through the door at ground level and slipped around and through the vent. 

-In the Convention Hall you have to take out ALL 12 guards without getting spotted. That means no citizens, cameras, or enemies can see you. This includes when you get into the back portion of the catering halls, just drop the guards and leave their bodies (in the catering wing on the way to see Miller and the killswitch). If Marchenko contacts you on the radio before you meet up with Miller the trophy WILL NOT pop. Smooth Operator popped after I used the killswitch. Trophy popped after the conversation with Vega. 

Those where the only truly annoying spots that gave me any trouble, but I was very careful about having backup saves so I could make sure I was clearing each room and objective completely in stealth. 

Good luck! Hope this helps. 

• Like 1