GTAJJ

Foxiest of the Hounds Trophy Requirements

73 posts in this topic

Guys you can. I just got it :)

I was going to say the same, got it too in NG+ and Easy.

I couldn't get smooth operator at the mission where you meet Janus. I did get ghost so I don't know. I'll elt you know more to see if that counts after I beat the game.

Do car alarms count against you?

only if you get spotted/seen breaking in. if you walk away fast enough or do it with stealth cloak the cops will just go suspicious. suspicious doesn't void the trophy

Like Human Revolution, does the side missions dont count for making a alarm??? I ask myself right now replaying New Game + doing Cult of Personality Trophy I miss in my 1st play.

Turrets see you 100% (Impossible to bypass, your powers count work in this section so no cloaking) so does that disqualify me for the Foxiest... trophy?????????????

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

One would think since you get the "tutorial guide" pop-up either when its progress driven or you first do something that you should be fine if don't have the "alarm guide" in your guide list. I done a no alarm run all the way to the Garm facility then messed and had to open up a previous save, regardless on this run where I messed up not until garm someone set off an alarm and the "alarm guide" popped on screen showing how alarms work in the game.

So point is if the game isn't glitched then if you dont have the alarm guide/tutorial then you havent triggered an alarm. It should be this way but not sure if it is as ive not finished my pacifist/foxiest of hounds run (doing this on new game+ btw).

One more thing, I've done garm at least 5 times now knowing full damn well no alarms have been raised (and probably ghost a few times as well) and never see the smooth operator bonus (nor ghost) for this mission. I also watch a youtube stealth run and smooth operator didnt pop up for youtube dude either and he didnt say anything about it. I have update 1.02 (1.03 came out yesterday i think, just fixes online breach stuff mainly i believe, several gigs though).

So I noticed something different regarding mission 10 compared to my first playthru. After talking to Janus, the drones appear but they immediately go into search mode while on my first playthru they were normal. Don't be in despair if this happens to you because you can still earn Foxiest, was wondering If I was fucked by a glitch or bug but the trophy popped at the end of the playthru ( both smooth operator and ghost do not pop up after escaping the area. )

I couldn't get past the drones after the Janus conversation without them freaking out for some reason so I just cloaked immediately, ignored the waypoint and just walked right out of there though the entrance with all the lasers. Think I got smooth operator after leaving the tourist office.

There seems to be an alarm bug in GARM. I contacted Vega, and didn't touch the ice drill. Walked into the main hanger, everyone's fine then they all go into search mode (red text) for no reason at all. I thought this was fine but it might have voided my trophy. I literally did everything you should for Foxiest and it didn't pop.

Ok got the pacifist and foxiest. BTW as of 1.02 patch GARM will not award Smooth operator bonus (regardless of no alarms), so if you are certain you didnt set off alarms in GARM you probably didnt.

Also you can totally go down the hole with drones in janus mission just use cloak.

EDIT PS: also I read somewhere dude said his foxiest trophy didnt pop up until after the credits. This wasn't so for me my pacifist and foxiest trophies popped up at the very start of the credits. BTW after beating the game a few times I timed the credits (kind of) since you cant skip them (unless you close the application) they're like 16 minutes long roughly.

Edited by bensanderson55

So I finished the game for a 4th time today and I have news to share. For those of you, like me, who didn't get the trophy regardless of ghosting everything in every level and getting smooth operator, here's the main issue.

You MUST do the secondary objectives in the levels that have them and get smooth operator for it. I.E: Saving Dushan from the police in Golem City and getting Louis's merchandise back, etc. If you do all of this, contact Vega at GARM, eliminate all the Tarvos imposters in the party at London, you will get your trophy.

I thought it was bugged but it isn't, just make sure you do every single objective it gives you unless it says optional, the choice doesn't matter there. Hope this helps!

This is what Human Revolution did and I didn't realize it until later.

Edited by Cielle

So I finished the game for a 4th time today and I have news to share. For those of you, like me, who didn't get the trophy regardless of ghosting everything in every level and getting smooth operator, here's the main issue.

You MUST do the secondary objectives in the levels that have them and get smooth operator for it. I.E: Saving Dushan from the police in Golem City and getting Louis's merchandise back, etc. If you do all of this, contact Vega at GARM, eliminate all the Tarvos imposters in the party at London, you will get your trophy.

I thought it was bugged but it isn't, just make sure you do every single objective it gives you unless it says optional, the choice doesn't matter there. Hope this helps!

This is what Human Revolution did and I didn't realize it until later.

Thanks for this, I did 2 playthroughs so far, my first being a no-kill exploration run where I did everything I could find. Was pretty sure I didn't raise any alarms, but I figured it was my first run and I must have triggered something. Second run I did a quick easy mode ebook run with foxiest being the main targets next to the ebooks. Read up on choices and everything, but still no trophy. I did rush through everything in my second run and skipped pretty much every objective that didn't progress the story.

I'm going to try your method on my Never asked for this run.

You MUST do the secondary objectives in the levels that have them and get smooth operator for it.

You DON'T need to do any secondary objective for foxiest to trigger. Your problem was somewhere else.

So was mine, cause i got Smooth for 11 guys, keycard and Marchenko - didn't get the trophy. I guess someone saw the body of 11 guys(i blame the man in the toilet.) Replayed that part after credits, used Killswitch - got the trophy.

The funny thing is - on the way to delegates(first time) i triggered alarm and game showed me an alarm tutorial - which meant i never triggered it before.  But i still didn't get the trophy after reloading the part, even though there was never any alarm in entire game.

I also got away from drones through the hole(cloaked the entire time). They immediately went searching and that's all. Doesn't matter for Foxiest apparently.

Thanks for this, I did 2 playthroughs so far, my first being a no-kill exploration run where I did everything I could find. Was pretty sure I didn't raise any alarms, but I figured it was my first run and I must have triggered something. Second run I did a quick easy mode ebook run with foxiest being the main targets next to the ebooks. Read up on choices and everything, but still no trophy. I did rush through everything in my second run and skipped pretty much every objective that didn't progress the story.

I'm going to try your method on my Never asked for this run.

I can assure you, you do not have to do any side missions for foxiest, on the contrary the more you do, the more you put yourself at risk. I did a few when they were on my way, that's all.

Story choices do count however, call vega in 13, take out all guards in 15, save the delgates first.

Got foxiest on my first run, if you have doubts, I have a complete video walkthrough on my channel, and foxiest pops at the end. Good luck! :)

Just finished my 4th run through of the game and the 2nd attempt at Foxiest of the Hounds, still no dice. I have no idea where I went wrong, I don't even remember triggering a Suspicion let alone setting an alarm off. Must be something tiny somewhere I am doing wrong.

You DON'T need to do any secondary objective for foxiest to trigger. Your problem was somewhere else.

So was mine, cause i got Smooth for 11 guys, keycard and Marchenko - didn't get the trophy. I guess someone saw the body of 11 guys(i blame the man in the toilet.) Replayed that part after credits, used Killswitch - got the trophy.

The funny thing is - on the way to delegates(first time) i triggered alarm and game showed me an alarm tutorial - which meant i never triggered it before.  But i still didn't get the trophy after reloading the part, even though there was never any alarm in entire game.

I also got away from drones through the hole(cloaked the entire time). They immediately went searching and that's all. Doesn't matter for Foxiest apparently.

Well I did all the secondaries and got the trophy so it worked for me.

I can assure you, you do not have to do any side missions for foxiest, on the contrary the more you do, the more you put yourself at risk. I did a few when they were on my way, that's all.

Story choices do count however, call vega in 13, take out all guards in 15, save the delgates first.

Got foxiest on my first run, if you have doubts, I have a complete video walkthrough on my channel, and foxiest pops at the end. Good luck! :)

Wait so you need to save the delegates first/ why?

Damn it, must be what voided my trophy.

Yeah, for some reaon fighting marchenko first sets of an alarm, so you need to talk to miller (he can live or die, same thing) and then directly head to the delegates (choose when asked).

You have 10 minutes to get there, and only after go fight marchenko. Take him out with an emp grenade or mine (2nd floor office if you have none) without being seen, and you're golden.

so if I compiled this thread correctly, the main message here is: there is no "story alarm" that you cannot avoid, therefore for the trophy there can never be any alarm at all? All alarms are avoidable?

After meeting Janus and bots start searching for you, u have 2 exits, one in a hole and one through the lasers. You'll want to choose the last one through the lasers but u'll need stealth cloak. Alarm always sounds if u go through the hole so avoid that!

After being ambushed in Switzerland, you'll want to call Alex Vega and not Jim Miller. Choosing Miller always sounds an alarm later on.

Regarding the last level, save Miller, find Marchenko and lastly save the guests.

Also if u fail to hack a bot or a camera, load your save to be sure.

Edited by Ptirle

I am not sure if that is the reason why you voided the trophy. I chose to fight Marchenko first and i still got the trophy.

Did you take out all the guards quietly before meeting Miller? Without killing those guards you cannot fight Marchenko first.

Hope this helps.

This trophy kind of annoyed me. It took me two attempts to get it unlike Human Revolution where I got it, zero fatalities and hardest difficulty trophies during my maiden voyage. This time, I managed to get this trophy my second time around along with I Didn't Ask For This. The fact I set off an alarm my first go kind of irks me. But I'd recommend only doing main story missions to get this trophy as there's less of a chance of setting off an alarm since you won't have to worry about side quests.

Regarding the last level, save Miller, find Marchenko and lastly save the guests.

Funny thing about that, my first time, I went to face Marchenko, but instead of fighting him (because I had no clue how to beat him at the time), I hacked the laptop in the upstairs room on the left from the starting point and turned off the camera and opened the doors to the area where you entered from, then I went and saved the people. When I returned, Marchenko was still chasing ghosts. Lol.

The bit with Janus is really, really glitchy. Everyone be warned.

On my second playthrough it voided my trophy because they went on ''searching'' before I even walked out the door. So save before you enter the meeting room with Janus.

I posted a total walkthrough list i made for this trophy in another thread if it helps anybody. I would have loved to had this for myself prior lol. Hope it helps

The bit with Janus is really, really glitchy. Everyone be warned.

On my second playthrough it voided my trophy because they went on ''searching'' before I even walked out the door. So save before you enter the meeting room with Janus.

This does not affect the trophy.