Foxiest of the Hounds Trophy Requirements

GTAJJ

Brief question: (@ 1st playthrough, foxiest/pacifist run) I involved the cop near Dragomir's checkpoint in order to deal with the matter. She triggered a firefight which left one pedestrian as well as 2 cops dead. It triggered a "search in progress" as well as a "panic" sequence for remaining bystanders. Indirect action, therefore it shouldn't void the trophy then?

Human Revolution was quite demanding when it came to these two trophies. Otherwise I postpone the two for the max difficulty playthrough and only complete story quests to be on the safe side.

Edited by kitsune29

Brief question: (@ 1st playthrough, foxiest/pacifist run) I involved the cop near Dragomir's checkpoint in order to deal with the matter. She triggered a firefight which left one pedestrian as well as 2 cops dead. It triggered a "search in progress" as well as a "panic" sequence for remaining bystanders. Indirect action, therefore it shouldn't void the trophy then?

i did not engage with Drahomir's checkpoint and took the route over the roof to the Library into Koller's Lab, earned ''Ghost'' and ''Smooth Operator'' as soon as i met Koller.

The firefight could void Foxiest. Ghosted and cloaked in 1 playthrough, 3 Trophies  ''Pacifist'' + ''Foxiest of The Hounds'' + ''I Never Asked For This'' :gold:

• Like 1

i did not engage with Drahomir's checkpoint and took the route over the roof to the Library into Koller's Lab, earned ''Ghost'' and ''Smooth Operator'' as soon as i met Koller.

The firefight could void Foxiest. Ghosted and cloaked in 1 playthrough, 3 Trophies  ''Pacifist'' + ''Foxiest of The Hounds'' + ''I Never Asked For This'' :gold:

Alright, thanks for the response. I started a new playthrough where I'll be more cautious and utilize proper save management. Better safe than sorry!

well, I did not get the trophy.

I was actually positive that I did not trigger any alarm, never had the alarm tutorial pop up etc. but still, I did not get it .... idk ... it's a bit annoying :(

Think I'll do an all guns blazing run for the max. difficulty trophy and if I feel motivated, do another run on easy for the Foxiest trophy ... but still: annoying. Did not want to play the game three times and after all this stealth I was looking forward to a more action-orientated run ... to have to add another stealth run (and then again having the possibility of the trophy not popping at the end) is really a motivation killer.

• 2 weeks later...

Played 3 times. 1 for fun. 2 times for this stypid trophy. Didnt pop-up. Screw.this.game. And those peopole who made this. Yeah i love Deus Ex - first was the best - and games like that. But when Trophy is glitchy... And you dont usally do Platinum but only those games which you really love, then this is... a little frustrating. Damn! Screw them!! Szlag by to trafił!!

BTW. You know what i think maybe affect this game? When you make mission 1110000110101 and later in third visit in Praga she blew up Police cars. Maybe just maybe dont do this mission? And do mission for Otkar, or just stole this shit from him, other way hes gonna kill your friend. Maybe this is affecting trophy. Beacuse for sure there wasnt any alarm for me, i have hack everything perfectly and nope... Again. Screw thisshit im going to sold this game.

• 6 months later...
On 9/21/2016 at 1:47 PM, iRomsen said:

This is incorrect statement in regards of getting both Ghost and Smooth Operator for finding Koller in bookstore! I got only Ghost and also checked on youtube two video guides for that mission on both of those show only Ghost popping out, and NO Smooth Operator.

With that being said, I want to share another thing.

In the same time while playing this main mission M3, I started Side mission 01 -

the one with Draghomir and forging tickets and so on....I was doing both quests in parallel so when I first decided to send cops to deal with Draghomir and then go visit Koller to see about my augmentations - I was never getting Ghost bonus for finding him in the bookstore. I believe that was because after cops killed Draghomir, their drones were on searching mode and everything was tense....either drone saw me in the courtyard in front of the bookstore or it didn`t, nothing mattered...no ghost bonus!

Then I went straight for the bookstore, and without getting cop`s drones all rattled, I received my ghost bonus when I found him in the bookstore. So definitely searching mode of drones somehow canceled this ghost bonus and lock out foxiest of the hounds trophy in such early stage of the game.

Now I am in dilemma, should I go now and finish Side mission 01, or leave it and abandon it? I mean, if I send cops to kill fake cop and hide somewhere and just wait it out...will this still keep me in the good for the foxiest trophy??? Or just by having drones on search mode, even if you are not present will make game lock it out for you?

i would greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this! Thanks! biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

I've finished this mission by telling the police officer everything. And I was on the ground with everyone as they were fighting. I'm also pretty sure that drones saw me, but still. To get the achievement you can be seen, but no alarms can be launched  (you don't need Ghost, only Smooth Operator). So basically I finished the mission as everyone else I think. And I got both achievements at the end (well, I didn't get the foxiest of the hound at first, but only because I had an alarm problem in the final battle). 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

you can't set off any alarms, so if you've never seen the "alarm tutorial" you'll be fine. setting off an alarm during final boss fight also voids it. contrary to popular belief using the ice drill will NOT void the trophy, I just finished the game and got the trophy even though I used the ice drill. you just need to use the option "scold" to avoid suspicion. also car alarms don't count either, I set like 10 off. oh make sure to concact Vega in mission 13 or you'll have a scripted alarm that voids the trophy as well. I also did ALL side missions in this play through so that ddoes NOT negatively affect it either like some ppl say...

• 4 months later...
On 03/09/2017 at 6:48 PM, cam_wick said:

you can't set off any alarms, so if you've never seen the "alarm tutorial" you'll be fine. setting off an alarm during final boss fight also voids it. contrary to popular belief using the ice drill will NOT void the trophy, I just finished the game and got the trophy even though I used the ice drill. you just need to use the option "scold" to avoid suspicion. also car alarms don't count either, I set like 10 off. oh make sure to concact Vega in mission 13 or you'll have a scripted alarm that voids the trophy as well. I also did ALL side missions in this play through so that ddoes NOT negatively affect it either like some ppl say...

I did all that and had no luck. Replayed the boss fight again to make sure and nothing. The only things I did that apparently might have an effect were the police killing Draghomir, dropping down into the sewers after the Janus meeting and using the ice drill, even though I don’t recall any alarms. Because I always reloaded if I failed any kind of hack or got spotted.

Edited by Charizarzar

On 1/25/2018 at 8:25 AM, Charizarzar said:

The only things I did that apparently might have an effect were the police killing Draghomir

Same, played about 1.5hrs after that with a strange feeling that it could have voided the trophy and decided to load an old save and just knock all 4 guards myself.

Haven't finished the game so can't really comment on anything else.

4 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

Same, played about 1.5hrs after that with a strange feeling that it could have voided the trophy and decided to load an old save and just knock all 4 guards myself.

Haven't finished the game so can't really comment on anything else.

Thankfully it just took me about a day to play the main missions again on hard and do those things differently, and I got it this time. Not sure which one it was but one of them definitely voided the trophy last time.

• Like 1

I did a pretty much 100% run of the game on my first playthrough. No kills, never seen, no alerts. Hardest difficulty. Absolute savescumming. It's just how I play Deus Ex games. Didn't get Foxiest of the Hounds of course. Never got the alert tutorial, but since I did all the sidequests and stuff, I figured this would happen based on what I read about the trophy beforehand.

No big deal though, got it on my permadeath playthrough speedrun, which took something like 3 hours since I at that point I already knew every single corner and guard path in the entire game.

I actually had some theories about it being tied to a certain optional objective in Golem City, where you don't get smooth operator on a section if you complete the section in a certain fashion that is not tied to actually getting alerts. Of course it could also be the Draghomir side mission. Or it could be something else. To this point nobody knows what exactly it is that screws up the achievement/trophy without givin you the alert tutorial. But chances are the more you spend doing in your playthrough, the more likely it is that you won't get the trophy in the end, no matter how meticulous you are.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't worry too much about it. The trophy can be done in a few hours in a new game where you just speedrun through the main missions while cloaked for the most part. Basically if you just blaze through only the necessary spots, you're very likely to get the trophy.

I can confirm that the ice drill shortcut DOES NOT void FotH. I remember enemies going into search mode, but no alarms were triggered. I didn't get the trophy initially, but replayed the final mission, because I failed a turret hack on my original run. I got the trophy on my second attempt, replaying just the last section of the game.

Edited by tata_arek

• 3 weeks later...

Did it on my "I never asked for this" run. The trick was to just never make an enemy, turret or whatever go into red-state. Even if the enemy was in it for a split of a second, I just reloaded my save. This did however not count for the hack minigame I got caught but ended the hack. Never used any gun, or remote hack. Just used invisibility often and bypassed a lot of sections.

I of course never used the drill or went trough the hole in the Janus mission. And never did any of the side missions. Just always straight to the main mission objective, never a red state on whatever and bling (the trophy should pop just before the credits start to roll, no need to wait about 16 minutes). :)

Edited by sinisterb00n

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping to get this alongside I Never Asked For This and Pacifist but apparently there was a silent alarm somewhere. Didn't do any side missions, didn't fail any hacks, enemies never went into alerted state aside from scripted sections, called Vega at G.A.R.M., etc. etc. 

Never got the alarm tutorial either. Wish there was a reliable way to track it.

EDIT: Completed a speedrun using NG+ and got Foxiest of the Hounds. Not sure what made this run different but here are some things I did that worked for me:

- Did no side missions.

- Did not knock out a single enemy for the entire game until the 11 fake guards in London and Marchenko.

- After talking to Janus, made sure the drones never entered a searching state and made sure I got Ghost after leaving.

- When escaping the drones in M10, took the elevator instead of sewers (since there are drones that aggro on civilians in the sewers).

- Used the ice drill shortcut, but made sure to deflect suspicion using "Scold" to the guy on the radio.

Edited by PsychoticLight
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 2:30 AM, PsychoticLight said:

Was hoping to get this alongside I Never Asked For This and Pacifist but apparently there was a silent alarm somewhere. Didn't do any side missions, didn't fail any hacks, enemies never went into alerted state aside from scripted sections, called Vega at G.A.R.M., etc. etc. 

Never got the alarm tutorial either. Wish there was a reliable way to track it.

EDIT: Completed a speedrun using NG+ and got Foxiest of the Hounds. Not sure what made this run different but here are some things I did that worked for me:

- Did no side missions.

- Did not knock out a single enemy for the entire game until the 11 fake guards in London and Marchenko.

- After talking to Janus, made sure the drones never entered a searching state and made sure I got Ghost after leaving.

- When escaping the drones in M10, took the elevator instead of sewers (since there are drones that aggro on civilians in the sewers).

- Used the ice drill shortcut, but made sure to deflect suspicion using "Scold" to the guy on the radio.

I got Foxiest and Pacifist on my first playthrough, pretty much this same way, except I did all sidequests as well (including getting the cops to kill Drahomir). I did play on Give Me Deus Ex though, so it could've been easier.  I just wanted to be prepared for the permadeath run.  I purposefully avoided knocking anyone out that I didn't have to.  

I also dropped out to the main menu berfore reloading(using load instead of continue) any time someone went into yellow suspicious just to be safe, and any time I failed a hack or was caught by a camera or turret.

I had the M10 bots searching issue (no matter what they started in searching after the cutscene), so I reverted to a save before I triggeted them and knocked out and hid the 4 civilians to avoid any issues.  Never took the larger radar radius upgrade that supposedly causes that so I'm not sure what happened there.  They never went into searching after that and I escaped the way I came.

I also disabled ant security systems and alarms I came across.

Had a weird bug where cops in Prague during the third visit would randomly go into searching, then immediately into searching complete, but I made sure to exit and reload my save any time that happened.

Another bug I ran into that was more major, if you took out anyone who produced XP, then saved and reloaded do not move that body.  It bugs out the ghost bonus for the current mission and several missions after.

Always move any bodies asap and before you make a save you may need to reload  and move them after.  This happened to me in M7 and cost me several hours having to start almost from the beginning of M7.

I used EVERY save slot possible and saved before and after every hack or any time I didn't want to have to repeat something.

All in all I took the same, or similar, approach to how I got Foxiest in Human Revolution as I did in this.  Worked out pretty well for me.

Edited by Snake2410

• 2 months later...

I need help. I know I haven't raised any alarms yet but today I got spotted but before reloading I wanted to see if I the alarm tutorial would pop up, for my surprise it didn't. The only pop up that appear was about health and that was after taking damage by the enemies

I never saw this pop up in my life but now that I got spotted it didn't shown up. I reload the save but I want to where can I see all the tutorial pop ups? I can't find that option anywhere.

Edit: Forget it just got the trophy

Edited by maiathewinners

• 1 month later...

I got this trophy a few months ago, but am pretty sure that it's bugged. Took me three tries, and I'm sure I never really triggered an alarm. On my third try when I finally got it, I only knocked out some of the Jinn on the first level, and the 11 guards on the final level, plus a bunch of guys in the corridor where you get to Miller and kill switch. Killed Marchenko with a kill switch, and it was fine.

• 6 months later...

For those of us that didn't receive the trophy for avoiding all alarms, I think it's bugged. At the beginning of my fourth playthrough, I left my apartment and out of no where, I saw "PANIC" in red as a notice and I just left my apartment at the beginning of the game. There could be other instances unknowns to the player (offscreen) that maybe causes an alarm. I'm going to try again but it's really getting on my nerves haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the foxiest of the hounds trophy today in my second playtrough since in my first even if i didn't make any allarm pop i stil didn't get the trophy.

Since you have to do 2 playtrough anyway i suggest to ignore all secondary missions and after the meeting with Janus to go back from were you came instead of the sewers, it may not be related but you never know what sort of glitch may cause the trophy to not pop