Servers shut down?

Lady Lilith

I just got this game today, and I was wondering how I would be able to redeem the code that came with the game. It says it expired in...2010, but so did my Yakuza 3 and 4 codes, and those worked.

Also, it says to go to the downloads section of the game main menu. Every time I do this though, I automatically get disconnected. Are the servers shut down or something? I'm definitely logged into PSN.

• Like 1

EA closed the servers for this game in April this year, iirc. The only thing that meant was no access to The Midnight Club content which wasn't much of a big deal anyway and doesn't affect the playing of the game at all. The Midnight Club content only added uncensored breasts (fairly lame), a few extra hiding spots (not really needed) and a game in which you could win a car (an average one at best).

Here is the link to EA's online servers update

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, thistleboy said:

Just a heads up that the DLC isn't free. It's only $2.99, but I'd rather not give EA any more of my money.

Lol even if it wasn't EA involved here, that's $2.99 that just makes the strippers' breasts visible.. 

THAT'S IT!! xD

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Would I be able to use the dlc on my NA account once I download and install it with my UK account?

It doesn't matter what account you use the DLC on. It only matters that the regions of the DLC and base game match, otherwise the base game won't be able to recognise the DLC.

I'm not sure you can even still access the DLC content, as that was what was shut down. I may be wrong on that though, and you can still get access to it even now.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

It doesn't matter what account you use the DLC on. It only matters that the regions of the DLC and base game match, otherwise the base game won't be able to recognise the DLC.

I'm not sure you can even still access the DLC content, as that was what was shut down. I may be wrong on that though, and you can still get access to it even now.

The DLC still works. All the in-game servers were used for was to redeem a code to download the DLC but that's academic now anyway, because they added the DLC to the PS Store for all to own a long time ago :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2