Having some seriously hard time trying to get gold on the very first levels playing on easiest difficulty.

zafira1290

I thought this game looked easy and all guides say it's so easy to get gold on easy but i don't know why i'm having really hard time... Theres no even guides on youtube to get gold on easy. I even platted final horizon and it's said to be harder to plat than this? I feel so frustrated and uninterested to continue play this game right now. Please help! :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 9/21/2016 at 3:02 AM, cosmicicecream said:

Don't build more towers than you need to kill the aliens in each wave.

The more resources you still have after each wave the more points you get.

This way I never had any problems getting gold.

I know this thread is old, but these tips from a FAQ helped me a ton.

I was also just building stuff, letting it run, and getting silver or worse due to the following:

How is score determined in Defense Grid 2?

We want score to reflect both your efficiency, and how well you hold on to your cores. 
Top scores should be those that save all cores while spending the least amount of resources.
When you kill an alien your score is determined based on…

o The value of your resources
o The sell value of your placed towers (efficiency)
o How many cores you’ve held on to (defensive strategy)

Not killing an alien will result in a lower score than you would get by killing an alien. 
Keeping your cores is very important. They both impact your score immediately 
(you lose out on the score you’d get for the alien who escapes), and later (all subsequent bonuses are reduced).

The sell value of placed towers was the biggest for me, I used to add random green towers in random spots out of leisure, not knowing it was negatively impacting my score. Aside from the first few waves, you should only put stuff down if you can upgrade it soon, that way you not only maximize resource pool bonuses, but you also don't get negatively impacted in the efficiency area for having green or yellow towers active.

Edited by Long-Ryde
extra words
  • Like 4