How many unearned platinums do you have?

Edunstar84

Only 9, which I hope to fix soon. I have 4 games that are only a few trophies away, its just the motivation that I need to find to obtain them, haha. On my old profile, I had an embarassing 13 out of 179 games completed...Not all had plats, but its still a big number that do. Started this new profile to be a bit more serious about trophy hunting by giving myself some rules before I move onto a new game(s).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still have 26 left (not counting games I haven't started yet/haven't earned any trophies in yet so they aren't showing on my profile)... a few I suspect I won't ever get because the last one is just so hard xD Also about half of them I've barely started and got distracted by other games... but gonna continue them at some point!

Anyway:

- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (somehow I don't feel too motivated for this anymore?)

- Ni no Kuni (got a bit into the game but then got distracted - which seems to be a trend for longer RPGs, at least console ones)

- de Blob 2 (Kinda got tired of this because levels are way too long with no save point)

- Rayman Origins (not motivated right now)

- Tales of Symphonia (barely started, got distracted)

- Neptunia mk2 (barely started, got distracted)

- Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls (honestly, not really a fan of the gameplay so far but I wanna give it another chance later)

- Yakuza 3 (not sure I wanna replay this all over again (I played on Normal, not Hard, which I now regret) just so I can replay it AGAIN on Extra Hard x3)

- Taiko no Tatsujin V (One left... so hard...)

- Gravity Rush Remastered (barely started, got distracted)

- Unravel (barely started, got distracted)

- Hatsune Miku Project Diva X (Last one... too hard)

- Tearaway (probably gonna get back to this at some point... not looking forwards to the "no damage run" parts though)

- Crypt of the Necrodancer (lol nope)

- Titan Souls (haha... this got harder than expected...)

- Idolmaster Must Songs Red/Blue (only have Blue, putting this on hold until I also get Red version)

- Yakuza 0 (barely started, got distracted but wanna get back to soon!)

- Littlebigplanet Vita (still need a multiplayer one - the "all collectibles" since some can only be gotten in 2-player. Also, the "24 hours in create mode" is a real pain...)

- Littlebigplanet 3 (barely started, got distracted)

- Puppeteer (kinda burned out on the 2-player ones since I have to use the second controller myself...)

- Lumo (barely started, got distracted)

- Tearaway Unfolded (barely started, got distracted)

- Under Night In-Birth Exe Late (a PS+ game I didn't find that interesting and mostly grinded a lot of story trophies on my way to the 1000th)

- Night in the Woods (barely started)

- Touhou Genso Wanderer (working on)

- Guacamelee (just started, working on)

Edited by Zanreo

On 26/01/2017 at 0:50 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Currently twelve. This actually made me look at the reasons why and I've whittled it down to three games that I definitely still want to platinum and three maybes. I've noticed that I seem to get bored and burnt out towards the end of games, or simply don't have the patience to play through a game multiple times unless I'm really into it. I wonder if I'd find it easier to platinum a game in stages. For example could I platinum Metal Gear Solid 2 if I dedicated say, a few hours a month edging towards it rather than thinking I need to do it day after day, or would I still feel the burn out and boredom from playing the same game longer than I want to. 

Good topic. Certainly given me something to think about with my approach. Here's my list and my BS excuses :P

1 - Ico: I was so close! I came in 1 minute and 28 seconds over the limit for the speedrun trophy. I tried again from the last checkpoint and the closest I could get was around a minute away. It's kinda annoying having a game one trophy away from a platinum so there's a chance that one day, I'll try again.

2 - I Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Obtained!

3 - Infamous: I loved Infamous at the start and I don't know what changed, but I felt a little bored towards the end of the story and didn't want to repeat it immediately afterwards. Like the Phantom Pain, with a long enough break to forget about it a little I'll go back for this one in the future. 

4 - Grand Theft Auto IV & V: I've got 100% and enjoyed doing it (even the pigeons in GTAIV!), but I'll never get the platinums because I don't particularly like playing online, and my internet connection doesn't hold up well to prolonged periods of online gaming. 

5 - Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4: I like MGS 2 & 4, just not enough to play through them another 5 or 6 times each :lol:

6 - Beyond Two Souls:  Obtained!

7 - Red Dead Redemption: Unlike GTA, I'd actually consider this one, the online trophies don't look like they'd take too long so there'd be a minimal amount of infuriating other players with my connection :lol:

8 - Shadow of the Colossus - In all honestly, I can't imagine myself ever getting to a point where I'd be good enough to beat the time trials in hard mode. 

9 - WWE 2k15: Unobtainable since the servers are closed. 

10 - Sleeping Dogs: Obtained!

Back to strike another one out. I'm down to nine!

• 3 weeks later...

Now up to nine:

1. Assassin's Creed III-10% (15% with DLC)

2. Need For Speed Rivals-26%

3. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2-44%

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn-10%

5. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection-94%

6. 3D Dot Game Heroes-8%

7. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition-6%

8. PuyoPuyo Tetris-56%

9. Saturday Morning RPG-51%

I'm up to ten, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is added to the list.

1 - Ico: I was so close! I came in 1 minute and 28 seconds over the limit for the speedrun trophy. I tried again from the last checkpoint and the closest I could get was around a minute away. It's kinda annoying having a game one trophy away from a platinum so there's a chance that one day, I'll try again.

2 - I Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Obtained!

3 - Infamous: I loved Infamous at the start and I don't know what changed, but I felt a little bored towards the end of the story and didn't want to repeat it immediately afterwards. Like the Phantom Pain, with a long enough break to forget about it a little I'll go back for this one in the future. 

4 - Grand Theft Auto IV & V: I've got 100% and enjoyed doing it (even the pigeons in GTAIV!), but I'll never get the platinums because I don't particularly like playing online, and my internet connection doesn't hold up well to prolonged periods of online gaming. 

5 - Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4: I like MGS 2 & 4, just not enough to play through them another 5 or 6 times each. (update, I'm now one trophy away from the MGS4 platinum)

6 - Beyond Two Souls:  Obtained!

7 - Red Dead Redemption: Unlike GTA, I'd actually consider this one, the online trophies don't look like they'd take too long so there'd be a minimal amount of infuriating other players with my connection.

8 - Shadow of the Colossus - In all honestly, I can't imagine myself ever getting to a point where I'd be good enough to beat the time trials in hard mode. 

9 - WWE 2k15: Unobtainable since the servers are closed. 

10 - Sleeping Dogs: Obtained!

11. - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: If I ever platinumed this it'd be the biggest miracle in gaming history, that should tell you how likely this platinum is :lol:

45... would rather not list them all lol. Most are games I played long ago that I found too difficult and for the most part still find too difficult to achieve. There are about a dozen or so I'm disappointed in myself for not getting and maybe another handful I could have gotten if I really tried at the time. There's 2 I'm working on now.