Resident Evil 4: trophy list thoughts

smellslikejavier

Of course im gonna buy and play! a game doesnt need to have a platinum to be played...

While true, in this case it's a very different story. A lot of people have already played this game many times on many different platforms so without a shiny new platinum why should they get this release? There's nothing else new really so that is what people were banking on. It really is a slap in the face from Capcom to longtime fans.

• Like 3

i'm annoyed there's no platinum.

but, i love this game too much, so will get it somepoint, most likely when theres a sale.

i understand for platinum there needs to be a minimum number of trophies for it. for re4 they could have added some more trophies like completing the Ada side missions in the extras, as well as the odd one or two skill based ones like kill 50 in a row without dying etc.

While true, in this case it's a very different story. A lot of people have already played this game many times on many different platforms so without a shiny new platinum why should they get this release? There's nothing else new really so that is what people were banking on. It really is a slap in the face from Capcom to longtime fans.

me either (about 12 times on ps2) lol but i always heard that once again it costs nothing!

You should know that capcom only cares about money nowadays...

Lol... they didn't even bother capitalizing Resident Evil in the trophy set name. Frankly they can take the game and shove it. It's a great game but I'm not paying another $30 (it's $30 where I live) when they didn't even bother giving any incentive. 60fps was already in the Steam version over 2 years ago and it seems like this is purely a straight port of that and that version was a port of the 360 version. I'll probably buy if they do a RE three pack of 4,5,6 for like $20-30.

Edited by Mayadome

Passing up a great game that they have played countless times before on many platforms, and paid god knows how much for the same game in that time. For some me included a plat was the only incentive to rebuy this game again.

Understandable if you've played it a lot of times before, definitely. But by the looks of it, some people here are giving up just because of its lack of a plat.

• Like 2

Understandable if you've played it a lot of times before, definitely. But by the looks of it, some people here are giving up just because of its lack of a plat.

There are games that deserve to be played as many times as necessary! I speak for myself, one game does not need to have platinum to make me happy! but I respect the opinion of each one ..

• Like 2

Yeah shame to pass it up if theyve never played it before because it is one of the best Resi's released.

• Like 1

Are you going to buy it again? I am, but on a sale for less than $5. I'm sure the 10 bucks it could've taken you, Capcom, to put a plat on the game for this re-re-re-release would've been a real risk and probably your company would've gone bankrupt.

Fixed :P

Seriously I own 2 versions of this game (didn't buy the PS3 version) and as the ONLY Resident Evil game I actually liked it would have been awesome to get a plat in it. I refuse to buy the game a 3rd time.

• Like 1

Saw this coming a mile off after the 5 and 6 lists got revealed. Just pure laziness on Capcom's part, especially after the great lists of the REmake and 0. Might have to go back to finishing this on the 360; not paying $30 for this (although I remember it being like $110 over here on the Gamecube; more expensive than the console itself!). 

Lol... they didn't even bother capitalizing Resident Evil in the trophy set name. Frankly they can take the game and shove it. It's a great game but I'm not paying another $30 (it's $30 where I live) when they didn't even bother giving any incentive. 60fps was already in the Steam version over 2 years ago and it seems like this is purely a straight port of that and that version was a port of the 360 version. I'll probably buy if they do a RE three pack of 4,5,6 for like $20-30.

Erm they just typed it the way its title is displayed on the logo, "resident evil 4", in the same way they typed "RESIDENT EVIL 5" and "RESIDENT EVIL 6" since that's how their names are shown on the logo of both games.

And not everyone has played that Steam version (my PC can't even run Pacman), so for the first time it is being playable at 60fps on consoles so you could say it has something new on it, even if its just a port from a different platform.

Fixed :P

Seriously I own 2 versions of this game (didn't buy the PS3 version) and as the ONLY Resident Evil game I actually liked it would have been awesome to get a plat in it. I refuse to buy the game a 3rd time.

I've noticed you didn't played the REmake or RE0 on your profile (maybe you did on other platforms), and as far as REs games goes both of them are far better REs than 4, 5 and 6. Especially the REmake since that game gives you a true RE experience since is a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre, while starting with RE4 is when the franchise went downhill leaving the Survival Horror behind and going for a more action-focused gameplay. They might be more fun to play but they don't represent what RE was originally about: suspense, creepiness and having to think before doing stuff, and not being a mindless action shooter ala COD. Nice to see they are finally back to Survival Horror with RE7.

Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 1

Erm they just typed it the way its title is displayed on the logo, "resident evil 4", in the same way they typed "RESIDENT EVIL 5" and "RESIDENT EVIL 6" since that's how their names are shown on the logo of both games.

And not everyone has played that Steam version (my PC can't even run Pacman), so for the first time it is being playable at 60fps on consoles so you could say it has something new on it, even if its just a port.

I've noticed you didn't played the REmake or RE0 on your profile (maybe you did on other platforms), and as far as REs games goes both of them are far better REs than 4, 5 and 6. Especially the REmake since that game gives you a true RE experience since is a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre, while starting with RE4 is when the franchise went downhill leaving the Survival Horror behind and going for a more action-focused gameplay. They might be more fun to play but doesn't represent what RE was originally about: suspense and creepiness and not being a mindless action shooter ala COD. Nice to see they are finally back to Survival Horror with RE7.

I played Resident Evil 1 and am not a fan of tank controls so that is why I like RE4 the best. Survival Horror is good but I just really enjoyed RE4 because it blended Action with Survival Horror really well.

I played Resident Evil 1 and am not a fan of tank controls so that is why I like RE4 the best. Survival Horror is good but I just really enjoyed RE4 because it blended Action with Survival Horror really well.

But what version have you played? RE1 (PS1), REmake (GameCube) or the REmake remaster? the REmake is far more superior comparing it to the original PS1 version, and the remaster has modernized controls.

I won't say that RE4 blended action with Survival Horror that well, considering there's barely anything scary about it and you don't need to worry about wasting ammo or resources which is what the SH is about, since every enemy drops them for you and you can even buy and upgrade weapons, etc... so you don't feel defenseless at any moment.

So RE4 is a very good action game and a very fun one, but as a RE game and Survival Horror is terrible. Same thing goes for 5 and 6, although the later isn't even good as an action game.

Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 1

But what version have you played? RE1 (PS1), REmake (GameCube) or the REmake remaster? the REmake is far more superior comparing it to the original PS1 version, and the remaster has modernized controls.

I won't say that RE4 blended action with Survival Horror that well, considering there's barely anything scary about it and you don't need to worry about wasting ammo or resources which is what the SH is about, since every enemy drops them for you and you can even buy and upgrade weapons, etc... so you don't feel defenseless at any moment.

So RE4 is a very good action game and a very fun one, but as a RE game and Survival Horror is terrible. Same thing goes for 5 and 6, although the later isn't even good as an action game.

I played the game when it first came out and didn't like it. I actually hated it so much I skipped RE 2 and 3.

I liked RE4 and so did a lot of people. So you might not consider it a very good RE game but a lot of people did so that is why Capcom switched up their game style.

I played the game when it first came out and didn't like it. I actually hated it so much I skipped RE 2 and 3.

I liked RE4 and so did a lot of people. So you might not consider it a very good RE game but a lot of people did so that is why Capcom switched up their game style.

That's why the REmake remaster is a far better version comparing it to the original. I know many people liked RE4 and I don't see anything wrong about it, only thing I said is that as a RE game focused more on action instead of SH is very bad, and thankfully Capcom is switching to Survival Horror again after the lukewarm reception of RE6 and Umbrella Corps, and the huge success on the PS Store of the REmake remaster (Capcom themselves said it became their fastest and best selling digital game).

Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 1

That's why the REmake remaster is a far better version comparing it to the original. I know many people liked RE4 and I don't see anything wrong about it, only thing I said is that as a RE game focused more on action instead of SH is very bad, and thankfully Capcom is switching to Survival Horror again after the lukewarm reception of RE6 and Umbrella Corps, and the huge success on the PS Store of the REmake remaster (Capcom themselves said it became their fastest and best selling digital game).

OK, I liked 4 still. Maybe I will give RE REmake a try eventually but I have enough stuff to play right now

OK, I liked 4 still. Maybe I will give RE REmake a try eventually but I have enough stuff to play right now

Yeah hopefully you'll be able to play it at some point, is a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre and such a good looking game overall. Now with its remaster you can select to play it with either tank controls or with the new modernized controls, the later means if you pull the left stick down then the character will go down, if you pull it to the left it will go to the left, etc (kind of like Until Dawn's controls) so its far more easy and comfortable for new players.

Thanks for the info folks pre order cancelled I'll be getting this on xbox one which will likely have 1000gs. I played this on my friends GameCube I had it on ps2 and I had it on ps3. My only reason to get this again was the thought of a plat. This makes the 6 5 4 release look incredibly shady by purposefully getting hopes up and saving the best for last knowing full well that they were going to do this. Fool me once capcom.