Resident Evil 4: trophy list thoughts

smellslikejavier

Come on, it's Capcom, what'd you all expect?   Resi 4 is a great game if you haven't played it before, or perhaps don't own the game several times over already, but a Plat would be the only reason I'd buy this title yet again...and it should have one.   

I'm still waiting for reboots of Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Chaos Legion etc..., never mind the inner rage I try not to exhibit when I'm reminded we don't have Monster Hunter on PS hardware anymore.   Dragon's Dogma was great, a sequel Capcom?  Nah, here's an online game that as yet, isn't released to the West.   Thanks, appreciate it!  -.-   Deep Down?   It's exactly that...on it's priority list.

Feel free to throw in your own Capcom gripes, there's lots of them.   I heard they're renaming Lost Planet to Lost the Plot.  :P

Come on, it's Capcom, what'd you all expect?   Resi 4 is a great game if you haven't played it before, or perhaps don't own the game several times over already, but a Plat would be the only reason I'd buy this title yet again...and it should have one.   

I'm still waiting for reboots of Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Chaos Legion etc..., never mind the inner rage I try not to exhibit when I'm reminded we don't have Monster Hunter on PS hardware anymore.   Dragon's Dogma was great, a sequel Capcom?  Nah, here's an online game that as yet, isn't released to the West.   Thanks, appreciate it!  -.-   Deep Down?   It's exactly that...on it's priority list.

Feel free to throw in your own Capcom gripes, there's lots of them.   I heard they're renaming Lost Planet to Lost the Plot.   :P

Well now with all this PS2 emulation on PS4 that Sony started last year we might get some of the Monster Hunter games with trophy support and 1080p. They won't be new games per se but at least we can still be getting MH games on a PS console that way. Same for Onimusha and Chaos Legion.

Lol... they didn't even bother capitalizing Resident Evil in the trophy set name. Frankly they can take the game and shove it. It's a great game but I'm not paying another $30 (it's $30 where I live) when they didn't even bother giving any incentive. 60fps was already in the Steam version over 2 years ago and it seems like this is purely a straight port of that and that version was a port of the 360 version. I'll probably buy if they do a RE three pack of 4,5,6 for like $20-30.

They didn't capitalize it because the original game wasn't capitalized. Duh.

Also you people are acting so childish over a fucking trophy.

• Like 1

if you've played the games many times before and you're upset about the plat, it's somewhat understandable. i've played this so many times on ps2, ps3 and pc.

however, if you have NEVER played this game before, and you're ignoring it due to lack of plat, you're missing out on one of the perfect games ever made. Journey has no plat but still many people play it and it's considered one of the greats; i never played it and will definitely do so sometime in the future as i am working my way through uncharted them tomb raider series.

to those who never played it before, seriously, play it, give it a chance and sod the plat. it's an experience and journey to remember. the controls might be somewhat antiquated but you'd get used to it after awhile.

Well, a lot of people are petty, when it comes to trophies on this site and other related ones :facepalm:

I don't understand how it's petty to be upset about a game not having a platinum trophy on a trophy tracking/hunting website? If I can't voice my opinion here, where is it relevant?

Regardless, Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. In my top 5, even, so it is quite sad to me that Capcom won't give it the love and attention I feel it deserves, especially since trophies can't be too difficult to implement.

• Like 2

Well, a lot of people are petty, when it comes to trophies on this site and other related ones :facepalm:

Guys, dont know if you read any of the stories at all but some of us that are complaining have purchased this game twice already from earlier consoles and generations. If nothing about the game has changed and they haven't bothered to do the minimum and add a few extra trophies, what reason is there to purchase this game? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but is it "petty" to complain about ending a pattern of purchasing the same game over again with no difference? Also if this trophy site is not the place to complain about the lack of trophies where else should they go?

• Like 1

Well now with all this PS2 emulation on PS4 that Sony started last year we might get some of the Monster Hunter games with trophy support and 1080p. They won't be new games per se but at least we can still be getting MH games on a PS console that way. Same for Onimusha and Chaos Legion.

True I suppose, but I'd rather Cacpom actually did something with some of their franchises that are languishing in limbo, quite a few of these titles were big sellers back in the day, it's a shame they're not re-imagined for current gen.  MH 1 I'd def play again, but it'd be good to see the current games return to PS, they'd certainly shift some Vitas, never mind how it could look and play on PS4, miss it!   :(

Just in case my initial post was unclear, I wouldn't pass on this game purely based on trophies, it's a great game and one of the better Resi titles, however if like myself you've bought and played this game numerous times then feel free to gripe, it's a good sized game and it's bewildering it doesn't have a Plat.

I'm not particularly fussed about the trophies, more having a gripe about Capcom, once an industry giant, now bordering on becoming a running joke.   :)

Edited by RedMustang72

Guys, dont know if you read any of the stories at all but some of us that are complaining have purchased this game twice already from earlier consoles and generations. If nothing about the game has changed and they haven't bothered to do the minimum and add a few extra trophies, what reason is there to purchase this game? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but is it "petty" to complain about ending a pattern of purchasing the same game over again with no difference? Also if this trophy site is not the place to complain about the lack of trophies where else should they go?

But the game has changed. The selling point isn't the trophy list, It's the fact that the game is now in 1080p and runs at 60fps. Way more important than having a platinum trophy. If you don't want to purchase the game again for those reasons, then it's fine, but I don't see why a platinum trophy would suddenly make a world of difference. It's the game itself that matters.

But the game has changed. The selling point isn't the trophy list, It's the fact that the game is now in 1080p and runs at 60fps. Way more important than having a platinum trophy. If you don't want to purchase the game again for those reasons, then it's fine, but I don't see why a platinum trophy would suddenly make a world of difference. It's the game itself that matters.

I'm not shelling out $20 for the game I've played through 3 times on the PS2 and have a half-done playthrough on the PS3, with the only new addition being 1080p HD and 60fps. The argument for "Great graphics don't make a great game" is even older than the "No platinum should not sway your purchasing decision" argument. While yeah it's gonna look nicer and play smoother, that's not a change worth buying the game for a 3rd time (at least not at full price). If they added the platinum and an full trophy list, that would be a change worth buying the game again for. Buying the game cuz the graphics are slightly better than the last 4 releases (can't forget the Wii and GameCube versions) isn't a reason, no matter how good the game.

I'm not shelling out $20 for the game I've played through 3 times on the PS2 and have a half-done playthrough on the PS3, with the only new addition being 1080p HD and 60fps. The argument for "Great graphics don't make a great game" is even older than the "No platinum should not sway your purchasing decision" argument. While yeah it's gonna look nicer and play smoother, that's not a change worth buying the game for a 3rd time (at least not at full price). If they added the platinum and an full trophy list, that would be a change worth buying the game again for. Buying the game cuz the graphics are slightly better than the last 4 releases (can't forget the Wii and GameCube versions) isn't a reason, no matter how good the game.

No one is forcing you to buy it again, if it doesn't have a platinum, then get over it already.

So shocking that Capcom uses the Resident Evil 4's PS3 list when they did so for 5 & 6. If anything the people how are disappointed set themselves up to be.

• Like 1

So you wouldn't shell out $20 for improvements to framerate and resolution, but you would if you got a few extra trophy dings? Yeah, okay then...

• Like 2

That alone isn't enough for me to purchase the game a 3rd time. The fact that the game is smoother and looks a bit more polished with no extra adders is minimal to me. Resident evil 5 and 6 got the same treatment as well and platinum trophy aside they also got their respective dlc added as well. I'm sorry a slight makeover isn't enough for me.

I don't understand how it's petty to be upset about a game not having a platinum trophy on a trophy tracking/hunting website? If I can't voice my opinion here, where is it relevant?

Regardless, Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. In my top 5, even, so it is quite sad to me that Capcom won't give it the love and attention I feel it deserves, especially since trophies can't be too difficult to implement.

Yeah, it's pretty petty folks bitch about a game because it doesn't have platinum. Either get the game, or don't.  It's really that simple.  Does the game work as it's supposed to and do the trophies unlock when they're supposed to?  Well, if yes to both questions, then it should be no big deal....  No offense, but the vast majority of game owners aren't trophy/achievement hunters.  So, folks' opinions are pretty irrelevant... 

Yeah, I'm aware people have purchased the game several times already.  "What reason is there to purchase this game?"  Maybe for enjoyment of the game.  That could be a thought..  It's fine if folks don't want to buy this game because it doesn't have a platinum.  That's their opinion, just like it's my opinion that folks are petty for not buying a game because it doesn't have a platinum.

• Like 1

Disappointed there won't be a platinum for this HD port but i'm still gonna get this game.

Also if this trophy site is not the place to complain about the lack of trophies where else should they go?

Capcom Unity. Japanese developers don't read the feedback provided outside of their official forum and even them, they would only take in consideration mega threads with lots of replies. Multiple threads of the same topic, consisting of 2 or 3 pages are not even read by them as they considered daily rants. But yeah, Capcom Unity is were your voice will be heard, hopefully they don't do the same stuff for other remastered games they intend on porting for current gen consoles.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty petty folks bitch about a game because it doesn't have platinum. Either get the game, or don't.  It's really that simple.  Does the game work as it's supposed to and do the trophies unlock when they're supposed to?  Well, if yes to both questions, then it should be no big deal....  No offense, but the vast majority of game owners aren't trophy/achievement hunters.  So, folks' opinions are pretty irrelevant... 

This is a logical fallacy. You can apply this to just about anything you can buy. "The razor is not very sharp." "Well, get it or don't." "The coffee is not very hot." "Well, get it or don't." It's a cop out. Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it can't be altered or changed for the better. It doesn't matter if the vast majority aren't trophy hunters. Trophies exist, Sony seems to take them fairly seriously, and we are on a trophy hunting website. My opinion on the subject is not irrelevant. It's more relevant than your laissez-faire attitude. 

Yeah, it's pretty petty folks bitch about a game because it doesn't have platinum. Either get the game, or don't. It's really that simple. Does the game work as it's supposed to and do the trophies unlock when they're supposed to? Well, if yes to both questions, then it should be no big deal.... No offense, but the vast majority of game owners aren't trophy/achievement hunters. So, folks' opinions are pretty irrelevant...

Yeah, I'm aware people have purchased the game several times already. "What reason is there to purchase this game?" Maybe for enjoyment of the game. That could be a thought.. It's fine if folks don't want to buy this game because it doesn't have a platinum. That's their opinion, just like it's my opinion that folks are petty for not buying a game because it doesn't have a platinum.

I would agree with you 100% if I were completely new to the game and had not purchased it because of the trophies missing out on this one out of trophies would be petty. My point is that what you said about enjoying the game can just as easily be done on the ps3 version if you already have it since it's essentially the exact same thing, which is why I'm passing on this one.

You are absolutely have the right to express your difference of opinion. Questioning an opinion is not the same as criticism of an opinion.

Edited by stitchesnscars

For some people (myself included) trophies are a much bigger selling point than resolution/fps could ever hope to be.

• Like 1

For some people (myself included) trophies are a much bigger selling point than resolution/fps could ever hope to be.

And that is something I will never comprehend. Trophies are merely an addition to games. The games themselves are what's most important. This is coming from someone who loves trophies (I think my plat count shows that), but I will not let them affect my enjoyment of a game. I wont buy a terrible game for trophies, in the same way I'm not going to be put off getting a game for a lack of them. I wonder how some of these people survived prior to trophies to be honest.

• Like 1

And that is something I will never comprehend. Trophies are merely an addition to games. The games themselves are what's most important. This is coming from someone who loves trophies (I think my plat count shows that), but I will not let them affect my enjoyment of a game. I wont buy a terrible game for trophies, in the same way I'm not going to be put off getting a game for a lack of them. I wonder how some of these people survived prior to trophies to be honest.

Well the reverse is true for me. I can't comprehend why someone would want to buy a game again for resolution/fps. But that's just what some people care about while others care about trophies or whatever else.

• Like 2