Resident Evil 4: trophy list thoughts

smellslikejavier

I played Resident Evil 1 and am not a fan of tank controls so that is why I like RE4 the best. Survival Horror is good but I just really enjoyed RE4 because it blended Action with Survival Horror really well.

It's funny you say that, you know, RE4 having the exact same tank controls and all that... And before you say anything, yes, it does, it's the camera that makes it feel different, the character controls exactly the same way as the older games, only difference is aiming that lets you aim anywhere you want instead of only high, normal, low.

• Like 1

No platinum is silly, but I am more so displeased with how few and far between additions to these remasters there have been

The only major noteworthy thing they added was the Wesker mode for RE0.

If Capcom wants to convince more people to buy the same game yet again, then they need to actually convince them. Add new mercenaries stages and characters, maybe add a side story, add some more New Game + content, etc.

i'm annoyed there's no platinum.

but, i love this game too much, so will get it somepoint, most likely when theres a sale.

i understand for platinum there needs to be a minimum number of trophies for it. for re4 they could have added some more trophies like completing the Ada side missions in the extras, as well as the odd one or two skill based ones like kill 50 in a row without dying etc.

There is definitely enough stuff to do in the game for a whole trophy list without it being repetitive. Capcom is just too lazy to create more hooks in the code that trigger the trophies. I was hoping the game would get a nice visual upgrade but seeing how the list is just copy and pasted from PS3, I have no faith.

• Like 1

I'll have to pass on this like a lot of people on this site.

The posibiltiy of a plat was my main incentive to re-buy the game again.

I played it not to long ago on the PS3, so I wasn't that hyped over the game itself as much as I was over the possibility of a plat.

If I pick it up again and I probably will I'll wait until its either in the bargain bin, or it comes up during a flash sale.

I will still get the game, since I haven't played it yet. I was busy with GTA and MK in the PS2 days. But I understand why people who have bought this game multiple times want a platinum. If there was a platinum then people would have more to go for. But I probably will buy it in a month or at Christmas.

Seeing as this is just yet another port, I can totally see why people care the game didn't get a platinum this time either. For most people here, the trophies is the reason they buy it again, because most of the same people who were excited about this port has already played the game several times. No buy from me btw.

• Like 1

It's funny you say that, you know, RE4 having the exact same tank controls and all that... And before you say anything, yes, it does, it's the camera that makes it feel different, the character controls exactly the same way as the older games, only difference is aiming that lets you aim anywhere you want instead of only high, normal, low.

Yeah but it handle so much better that it felt like better controls. As you mentioned there are tweaks, just like the original Super Mario and Super Mario World both control basically the same but it is much more refined in Super Mario World it feels like a different control scheme.

The original Onimusha and RE1 are bad tank controls (especially the original Onimusha)

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Yeah but it handle so much better that it felt like better controls. As you mentioned there are tweaks, just like the original Super Mario and Super Mario World both control basically the same but it is much more refined in Super Mario World it feels like a different control scheme.

The original Onimusha and RE1 are bad tank controls (especially the original Onimusha)

Movement is exactly the same, 100% equal, but because the camera is always behind the character it's just "easier" to control, well for some, for me it feels exactly the same, never had any trouble with the fixed cameras. Now the aiming, that's the only real change, and honestly just made the game easy as hell, even on the harder difficulties...

I usually don't let trophies dictate whether or not I will buy a game.....however, a platinum...or at least a few more trophies might have tipped the scale on this occasion!

I've still not played the ps3 remaster that I bought 3 years ago....so will probably just stick with that.

Will definitely lap up any RE2 or even RE3 remasters they knock out though  <3

No platinum for Resident Evil 4 is quite unfortunate indeed.

Not even a trophy for obtaining the Handcannon? The payoff would be a worthwhile  :gold: (not to mention the Handcannon 1-hit-kills almost any enemy) en route to what I suspect would have been a rare platinum trophy at the very least given the difficulty of S-ranking every Mercenaries stage with every character. 

Wasted potential there for the trophy hunters.

Edited by AdventCloud7

people passing up a great game, cancelling their pre-order etc, because they can't get a platinum from it? lol

I think most people passing on it (myself included) because it has been released numerous times on every platform since the Gamecube and the PS4 version offers no incentive to buy it again unless you've never played it in 60fps in the PC Ultimate Edition released 2-3 years ago.

Some persons here said that "ph, who cares, that's a great game, key point is 60fps/1080p, Capcom doesn't care about 0.01% of trophyhunters"

But really guys, in that case if devs doesn't carr about different trophies, why there even exists new trophy lists for any game which had same trophy list on ps3 for example?

Okay sometimes it's a different list a little so they don't have any option.

But in most cases:

Why all PS4 games released at start had new trophy lists?

Almost all games could just share same (like it became with retail ps3 tales from the borderlands or rainbow moon which was ps3/psv and became ps3/ps4/psv game)

In that case, only sport games with different engines (like fifa 14 ps3 and ps4) or amount of content (like trine 2 vanilla and Complete edition) should have got new lists.

It means that actually at least Sony cares. It's a good growth to the sales and in terms of business you can't ognore such easy way to sell some additional thousand copies.

And I'm damn sure that if they have brought platinum then several thousand people would have bought it at start day. Like me.

Cause I think that Re4 is a one of most underrated games in terms of trophies. Some shitty games get platinums (actually many), and re4 doesn't have it. They could easily improve it.

Sorry for grammar, trying my best

Edited by Just_Amaz1ng
  • Like 2

They did what I hoped wouldn't happen. Copied and paste the same exact trophy list from the PS3 version. What could've made this much better is to give us a bigger trophy list with a platinum! Why not give us trophies for speed running Leon's campaign, the mercenaries trophies, assignment Ada and separate ways trophies? Resident evil 4 is the type of game to deserve a full fledged list, not an indie list. *Facepalm*

• Like 1