Witcher 3, 2 trophy lists

I will. Apart from the trophy hunting, Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. I ll gladly 100% this game 3 times. Too bad I dont own a PS4 yet, I am waiting for the Neo to get released in order to get one.

You should buy Witcher 3 for PC. My only reason was the FPS. A GTX 750 ti can handle the game. 45-60 fps for me, and i'm really enjoying the game. I've wanted to buy this game for PS4 but everything that i saw on YT (at DigitalFoundry) has changed my mind.

If you buy the goty but lets say you already had the game since launch, will the goty version have a new trophy list on your profile?

Saves between game versions also aren't compatible with each other so if you buy one of the Complete versions you have to start over regardless of where you might have been on a normal copy of the game.

THIS! Not a lot of people have been talking about it but the vanilla Witcher 3 saves do not work with the Complete or GOTY versions and vice versa.

• Like 1

You should buy Witcher 3 for PC. My only reason was the FPS. A GTX 750 ti can handle the game. 45-60 fps for me, and i'm really enjoying the game. I've wanted to buy this game for PS4 but everything that i saw on YT (at DigitalFoundry) has changed my mind.

and still the ps4 version sold better than the pc and xbox one according to the charts. not everyone has or cares to have a powerful pc, that's why the console versions of every game tend to sell better than the pc versions, since only a minority has a "gaming pc" to run games at its max settings and at 60 fps.

also the ps4 version has an exclusive platinum on this three different versions, while the pc version has a boring achievement list with no plat (same with every other game). i'll keep playing my ps4 version and having fun unlocking platinums!

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

THIS! Not a lot of people have been talking about it but the vanilla Witcher 3 saves do not work with the Complete or GOTY versions and vice versa.

Saves between game versions also aren't compatible with each other so if you buy one of the Complete versions you have to start over regardless of where you might have been on a normal copy of the game.

Well done you two, someone very nearly screwed himself over by trading his original copy of the game. Didn't realize they pulled the old "Shadow of Mordor" here. Still the game is fantastic enough to play again...

and still the ps4 version sold better than the pc and xbox one according to the charts. not everyone has or cares to have a powerful pc, that's why the console versions of every game tend to sell better than the pc versions, since only a minority has a "gaming pc" to run games at its max settings and at 60 fps.

also the ps4 version has an exclusive platinum on this three different versions, while the pc version has a boring achievement list with no plat (same with every other game). i'll keep playing my ps4 version and having fun unlocking platinums!

I know these facts. I don't have a high-end PC. I'm not rich. On PC I don't really care about the trophies/achievements. Technically, the PC version is way more better than the console version. And in an open-world RPG game, the FPS really matters. But if that's a stable 30 FPS with no drops, forget my words..

• Like 1

Does  anyone know if they improved the loading times in GOTY?That was the only flaw for me in the original.Not bitching,just wished it was faster

The loading times are still quite long. They certainly haven't improved at all, but they feel worse than I remember.

I thought they used to be around 45 seconds in the Velen/Novigrad area, but I just died twice to test it and both times it took well over 80 seconds to reload.

Also, I can't believe how broken the new Gourmet skill is. Managing food in Death March used to be such a struggle until you unlocked the potions, but now after 7 hours of playing I probably already have more than enough food to keep my healing going nonstop until I reach the platinum. That's not even an exaggeration, it's crazy.