Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roxy42968

Motion Sickness?

10 posts in this topic

Anyone else suffer motion sickness playing this? I don't normally suffer playing games (I do with car journeys though) however I seen to suffer really bad with this game, i've tries to play it twice now and only managed about 10 minutes each time before needed to turn it off & then its been another hour or so untill I feel normall again. Anything I can do to help this? I've tries to walk around slower but the movemnet just seem really jerky to me which doesn't help. I really want to finish the story but at the moment I just can't bring myself to play it again.

I didn't have any problems, but I believe under settings you can turn off the bobbing and adjust the turn speed.  Might want to mess with the settings and see if you can find the right combination that will let you finish the story (totally worth it IMO if you can stomach it).

You can try some acupressure bracelets. They seem to help me with motion sickness. 

Anyone else suffer motion sickness playing this? I don't normally suffer playing games (I do with car journeys though) however I seen to suffer really bad with this game, i've tries to play it twice now and only managed about 10 minutes each time before needed to turn it off & then its been another hour or so untill I feel normall again. Anything I can do to help this? I've tries to walk around slower but the movemnet just seem really jerky to me which doesn't help. I really want to finish the story but at the moment I just can't bring myself to play it again.

I was playing it but then I couldn't handle the motion sickness so I turned it off and came here to see if I'm the only one but guess not. I have explored all the bottom rooms and I'm on the stair now but I don't think I can continue today...

Definitely have a tweak around in the settings to see if there is anything that may reduce motion sickness.

if you're sitting far from the screen, try sitting close & vise versa

maybe close your eyes when you see the zoom animation start

keep your room well lit, maybe even with a light behind the monitor/tv

I tend to get sick through half the first person games, but could play this one no problem luckily.

I'd agree with the tip to play with the settings; especially the head bobbing and the FoV.

I had the same problem. Turning off headbob seemed to help me.

Something with the head bobbing and FoV, this game made me very sick very soon. I actually puked and had to lie down.....

The game has a FOV of 10 and runs at 20fps so it's understandable.

But hey, it's only 3 minutes long so you should be fine.