Really buggy

local_jesster

Anyone else noticing this? Enemy AI just doesn't register sometimes. Enemies run into walls/you without stopping. Aiming isn't as smooth as other versions. Seems like the game is almost a little rushed imo. Never had any of these problems on any precious version I've played. It's not the end of the world. Game is still fun. Just things I've noticed. There may even be more things to come since I'm still on the village.

I've also noticed enemies just stopping in their tracks. Like they'll be coming after you then they'll just stop moving.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 had decent PC ports when they were first released. 6 in particular was a very good PC port. RE4 on the other hand... well the first PC release was atrocious and didn't even have proper controller support and the mouse and keyboard was terrible. Then the Ultimate Edition came out 2 years ago on PC which was much better but all they did was add controller support, 60fps, widescreen resolutions and touched up a few textures (you'd be hard pressed to notice). It was actually a port of the 360/PS3 version too. The PS4 version is pretty much the Ultimate Edition. I doubt we'll ever see a proper remaster of RE4 although the game still looks decent today.

• Like 2

Some reloading animations are choppy. Ive noticed the red9 and semi auto rifle having bad reloading textures too.

Not sure about red9's reloading animation since it does look okay imo. Auto rifle's reloading animation is very choppy indeed.

In the cold storage room where I got Infrared Scope, when I started aiming (after combining the scope to the rifle), the game had an error and it was forced to quit. I encountered this issue once, however, everyone should save the game before getting this scope, otherwise, you may lose your progress if you encounter the same issue.

Edited by hasegawa2010

• 10 months later...
On ٣١‏/٨‏/٢٠١٦ at 11:21 AM, Haalyle said:

Also, some 30fps animations really, really stand out. Like blood splatter and flames.

But my main issue is just the aiming. Feels oddly slow.

it's a one year old post but I have to say, the reloading animation for the very first sniper rifle is running at what's appear to be 25FPS I bet it's not the only weapon in this port with this issue,  ada's separate ways side story all of its cinematics are running at 30FPS with SD resolution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2017 at 3:40 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

it's a one year old post but I have to say, the reloading animation for the very first sniper rifle is running at what's appear to be 25FPS I bet it's not the only weapon in this port with this issue,  ada's separate ways side story all of its cinematics are running at 30FPS with SD resolution.

Well, I finished the game on PS4 recently and it's my least favourite version.

The Separate Ways cutscenes are just the 240p ones from the PS2 versions, they've never been upscaled (or re-done).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I think about it I noticed those things too, nothing that bothered me tho. But I have nothing to compare it with (it may sound stupid with the "I'm really young" reason).

When reaching the boss on (chapter)5-(part)3, I exprienced that the game crashed a couple times. (I was pissed to say the least)

Otherwise I really loved the game, I will go as far and say it has become one of my favorites of all time:wub:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 8:00 PM, Haalyle said:

Well, I finished the game on PS4 recently and it's my least favourite version.

The Separate Ways cutscenes are just the 240p ones from the PS2 versions, they've never been upscaled (or re-done).

Some people says Capcom lost the original archive of these videos. That's why they look like that! :P 

• Like 3

I know that opinions exist so I'm not expecting yall to agree with me, but Resident Evil 4 is my favourite game of all time. Resident Evil is my favourite series of all time. Resident Evil on PS1 was among the first videogames I ever played.

Back on topic, I'm currently on my 124th playthrough of Resident Evil 4 and I've been playing the PS4 version a lot more recently. I honestly haven't experienced any of these reported issues. It's my favourite game and I'm on my 124th playthrough so surely I would of noticed these by now? It's true the Separate Ways cutscenes are of low quality (due to prerendering I suppose), but the game never once crashed on me. Enemies and aiming is as smooth as ever.

Maybe it's just because I love it so much, but I personally haven't experienced any of the above issues before at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

I know that opinions exist so I'm not expecting yall to agree with me, but Resident Evil 4 is my favourite game of all time. Resident Evil is my favourite series of all time. Resident Evil on PS1 was among the first videogames I ever played.

Back on topic, I'm currently on my 124th playthrough of Resident Evil 4 and I've been playing the PS4 version a lot more recently. I honestly haven't experienced any of these reported issues. It's my favourite game and I'm on my 124th playthrough so surely I would of noticed these by now? It's true the Separate Ways cutscenes are of low quality (due to prerendering I suppose), but the game never once crashed on me. Enemies and aiming is as smooth as ever.

Maybe it's just because I love it so much, but I personally haven't experienced any of the above issues before at all.

I love the game as well and while I'm still a ways away from having played it as much as you it's one of my most replayed games. 

I can't say I noticed any bugs either but I definitely do remember the reloading animation on at least one weapon being noticeably choppy. Not a big deal by any means.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if anything, this version actually fixed a few bugs. You can't go out of bounds in a few places. (Specifically, two places in Chapter 5-1.) And I've never experienced any crashes with the game myself, having recently finished my 69th playthrough without any problems.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I can confirm that thermal scope crushing game in random. Had it in last boss battle. 

As for aiming, when I played it on PC back in the day, it was the same - aim and hope for the best. Sometimes dot randomly changes positions in very wide range or even moving without input of gamepad. Plus too saw AI walking circles and stuck frozen. Guess it's the game's curve signature.