Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

20 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Good to know, thanks. Will MHW be added to this PP? I recall you didn't like the trailers all that much and weren't excited about seeing it in this PP, but it is a Monster Hunter.

Yea, no worries. Beta and later trailers sold me =) 

I still think that the initial trailers were shit but yea, it's good now =D

I will add it.

3 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I was interested in Monster Hunter World and may get it in future if it goes on sale(I won't have enough free money to buy a full price game AND several other games on PSN).

You can play MHW or about 10 other games if you decide to go for the plat (rough estimate, don't know the exact time for the plat & depends on the other games as well, but the point is it takes a long time). Do keep in mind that you won't have to buy other games once you start playing MHW.

3 minutes ago, viech54 said:

You can play MHW or about 10 other games if you decide to go for the plat (rough estimate, don't know the exact time for the plat & depends on the other games as well, but the point is it takes a long time). Do keep in mind that you won't have to buy other games once you start playing MHW.

So basically Monster Hunter World covers the entire project as a "Get of the Jail free" card? I know that it's the true essence of the theme and all but... <_<

3 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

So basically Monster Hunter World covers the entire project as a "Get of the Jail free" card? I know that it's the true essence of the theme and all but... <_<

Basically, yeah. I'd say this can take anywhere from 200 hours to 1000+ depending on your luck and your playstyle (based on previous MH games) with an average completion time of 300 to 500 hours.

7 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Basically, yeah. I'd say this can take anywhere from 200 hours to 1000+ depending on your luck and your playstyle (based on previous MH games) with an average completion time of 300 to 500 hours.

I like monster hunting games, but they tend to be repetitive. Doing the same things for so many hours may be a bit too much.

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I like monster hunting games, but they tend to be repetitive. Doing the same things for so many hours may be a bit too much.

Most monster hunting games have this problem. That and the lack of a really well made story (with some exceptions) is what I criticize most about these types of games.

Likewise, if anyone expects an interesting story and deep characters in Monster Hunter World, then play something else or you'll be disappointed. They didn't even name the characters properly, what you see qualifies as titles at best, and their personality/character development is not interesting. Their relevance for the story will be close to zero. Monster Hunter World is 80% to 90% gameplay/farming right from the start. The remaining time is spent in menus or at the shops to get the best tools for slaying monsters. That's the mindset you need to enjoy the game (and most other monster hunting games). If that's not your cup of tea, stay away from the game.

Edited by viech54

I am interested in this series (because Monster Hunter World is getting so much hype) but I am in the dark about the requirements for each rank. Could someone please inform me what needs to be done to achieve each rank? I assume "Ultimate Monster Hunter" requires you to get the platinum in every game on the list and Novice Hunter might be just joining the project.

Monster Hunter World might be in my future, but I plan on trying all of the offline trophies on a blank account and absorbing that account to transfer the trophies to my main account if I get them all. This is because someone told me to play the game on another account in case I end up hating the game and regretting wasting money on it so my account isn't tainted by the trophies. I saw a video about how you can create a blank account(which is not connected to the PSN network) and you can earn all trophies on a game and then sync the trophies, log into your account, and the blank account will be erased and the trophies will be transferred to your main account.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I am interested in this series (because Monster Hunter World is getting so much hype) but I am in the dark about the requirements for each rank. Could someone please inform me what needs to be done to achieve each rank? I assume "Ultimate Monster Hunter" requires you to get the platinum in every game on the list and Novice Hunter might be just joining the project.

Monster Hunter World might be in my future, but I plan on trying all of the offline trophies on a blank account and absorbing that account to transfer the trophies to my main account if I get them all. This is because someone told me to play the game on another account in case I end up hating the game and regretting wasting money on it so my account isn't tainted by the trophies. I saw a video about how you can create a blank account(which is not connected to the PSN network) and you can earn all trophies on a game and then sync the trophies, log into your account, and the blank account will be erased and the trophies will be transferred to your main account.

Hmmm... Not sure if you are going to do more than joining but well...

Just read the OP again :P Requirements are there :D

• Like 2

On 8/30/2016 at 5:59 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:
  • :platinum: Ultimate Monster HunterYou have killed everything. No monster can stand in your way.
  • :gold: God SlayerYou have slayed gods, you have already cleared 6 of the required games.
  • :silver: Intermediate HunterYou are on the way to promotion. Cleared 3 required games.
  • :bronze: Waifu KillerBefore starting your journey, you should get a companion. Get it by clearing one of the required games.
  • :hidden: Novice HunterYou have only peeked at the hunter inside you, be sure to nurture it.

Mmmm, I don't see any requirements here. And what are all those Hunter Ranks in the participants list? Please forgive me for being a total n00b, I am sure this is some hidden code amongst Monster Hunters, but I am still confused. :(

EDIT: Okay, I see some requirements for "clearing" a certain number of games, but what does that mean. You get the platinum for those games or you get 100% of everything? Maybe make a note saying what that means. Sorry for being a total n00b again.

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Facewalll+when+the+facepalm+isnt+enough_a07552_3144412.jpg

Nice meme. :D

And I'm sorry for not looking over the descriptions, Satoshi. Sorry about that. :(

On the brighter note, I just paid my electric bill and after doing some math, even if I spend $60 a week for food for the next three weeks, I should have enough to buy Monster Hunter World. Secret of Mana for the PS4 can wait until March. ;)

EDIT: N.V.M. Seems like my little guardian fairy knew I was going to blow a load on one World and purchased another World, the Digimon Kind, and Day of the Tentacle Remastered, both on Vita, so I will probably be playing those. Forget anything I said.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

• 1 month later...

Time for an update.

By the power bestowed on me by the Mighty Kulu, strongest of all monsters, Lord and Savior to us all, I present to you the latest plat for this PP:

1L36826a.png

Monster Hunter: World

Conqueror of the New World

Unlock all trophies for Monster Hunter: World.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7169-monster-hunter-world/viech54

So... If you think I've lost it after that Kulu part, then rest assured, I probably have.

Still, you should check the MHW Crown Hunting Discord to figure out what this is about.

The most tedious part of the game is getting all crowns, the spawn rate is abysmal right now.

Took me about 400 hours to get them all & had to farm for days to get some of the crowns.

Better get most of the crowns now if you want the plat, you can play through event quests with

a higher chance for crowns as part of the spring event in MHW.

The game as a whole was an enjoyable experience with some flaws. It started out strong with many new monsters

and failed after the final boss. There was not a single new monster afterwards, only more of the same with

higher attack and the same HP/defense as regular high rank monsters. Many weapon types are not that

great. I was a longsword/hammer/duals/lance user in the past and became a 99% longsword user in MHW

thanks to what they did to some of the mentioned weapons. Augmenting weapons (further upgrading them

after they're on ultimate level) is stupid. Weapons can be augmented between one to three times based on

their rarity. R6 can be augmented thrice, R7 twice, and R8 once. Problem: Most R8 weapons are garbage compared

to R6 or R7 weapons. R6 weapons are already better and get even stronger while most R8s are not worth it.

There are even more useless armor sets than in previous games. That's partially because there are no longer

armor sets for melee weapons and ranged weapons. Melee/ranged weapon share armor sets now because

we need bow users with sharpness +1! I'm glad I didn't see one of them, but they have to be out there somewhere.

The game tries to tell a story and it's alright for an MH game. With the exception of one character, there's not much to say about them.

None of them stands out too much, interactions with them are limited. About that one character, The Handler...

WTF WERE YOU THINKING, CAPCOM? ENFORCING FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THIS ANNOYING CHARACTER AND MY OWN CHARACTER!?

YEAH, NO, NOT HAPPENING, MY CHARACTER HATES THE HANDLER!! TOO BAD THE HANDLER WASN'T EATEN BY SOME MONSTER!

The Handler is an annoying character that only gets others in trouble and doesn't do much to solve any problems.

More often than not, it's because The Handler that things go wrong & others need to put their lives on the line to save her pathetic ass.

Now, all of that wouldn't be that bad fi the game didn't let me create my own character. Had it been a pre-made character instead of my own,

I wouldn't care all that much and it'd be alright for them to be friends, but my character's personality & The Handler would not work out at all.

She'd abandon The Handler asap. Still, it's not a key part of the game, the gameplay is what makes or breaks the game.

It doesn't change that The Handler is one of the most annoying/useless characters I've seen in games in a while.

With 6 plats in this PP, I'm now a God Slayer. Hello Satoshi and ab4h4r4k1.

• Like 3

On 7.4.2018 at 8:45 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Never got to say congrats @viech54 or did I?1f914.png I'm hoping I get to be the 2nd person to plat MHW in the PP MH community. 

You weren't around when I got the plat, so no, you didn't. Thanks! :) And good luck, don't think anyone will take that away from you.

On 7.4.2018 at 9:51 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just slash everything with the sword offering and once you are adapted, just spam arrows =D

Will do that, then. How do I get arrows? Are they available early in the game?

@viech54 Your astounding feat reached me even in the far land of Eorzea! It is good to see another hunter going up the bloody, gruesome but fulfilling stairs of glory.

May all who roam this PP be inspired by your battle prowess (and patience, by the looks of it).

As for SS, throwing offerings are the best. You will be able to solo fights with those things - even the Dual Illecebra pact - if you know how to use them.

On 10.4.2018 at 7:38 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I think a bit later. That's why sword slashing is a good start.

Element effective obviously that is =D

And even later in game, you just summon golems and don't care about the rest =D

Thanks. It feels like I understand so much more about the game now than I did when I actively played it back in October 2017. The crafting systems seems to make sense now, it didn't back then. I noticed I can already craft arrows, but not get them from quests yet (second pact, the one after Sortiara). Guess I'll farm a while before I move on. Will one stack of each arrow suffice, is it better to upgrade it or take multiple unupgraded stacks of the same arrows? Or should I bring different arrows to exploit the hells?

15 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

@viech54 Your astounding feat reached me even in the far land of Eorzea! It is good to see another hunter going up the bloody, gruesome but fulfilling stairs of glory.

May all who roam this PP be inspired by your battle prowess (and patience, by the looks of it).

As for SS, throwing offerings are the best. You will be able to solo fights with those things - even the Dual Illecebra pact - if you know how to use them.

Thanks! Congrats to your accomplishments in Eorzea! Will you continue your journey through Eorzea or are you already done? If the former, we might meet in Eorzea sooner or later.

I've heard about Illecebra, that one seems to be fought infinity + 2 times over the course of the game. I don't know that yet, never used throwing offerings so far.