Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

On 3.6.2018 at 11:30 PM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Hmm... people are catching up to the gold rank. Guess I have to stop being such a penny pincher I get MHW already. ;)

Congratulations for everyone who got promoted. It was well deserved, Im sure of it.

Thanks.

When in need of other players in MHW, let me know (GMT+1). Me and my hunting party still play the game for now. Not sure how much longer, but the new content will make sure we'll play for a while longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With SS Delta being in the current PSN sale, I might start the game sooner than expected. Anything I need to keep in mind? What are the most powerful offerings? Are throwing offerings still among the best ways to break the game (save for the oneshot builds)?

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

With SS Delta being in the current PSN sale, I might start the game sooner than expected. Anything I need to keep in mind? What are the most powerful offerings? Are throwing offerings still among the best ways to break the game (save for the oneshot builds)?

Just carry over the SS progress and it will be a piece of cake :awesome: 

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Throw offerings got nerfed now there is a cooldown between each throw.

It's been a long time since I last played but I remember 50/50 green arm with a weapon offering and whatever other offering you want being the meta.

Also like in the first SS the dlc offerings break the game if you have the right sigil set up.

Edited by soultaker655

But Abyssal Bead is pretty much useless in Alice's Maze - if you plan a long run, of course.

Anyway, in Delta you have the Grim Faction build that you can work as well. Melee offerings are your best option for Alice Maze run if you plan to go as far as possible.

And, of course, there are the support offerings. They add a lot of possibilities to the game, so you will probably have fun figuring out different setups.

Abyssal Bead are strong, but I was thinking of Chthonian Claws. However, I still remember how upset people would get over others using Abyssal Beads.

I never really did long Alice's Maze runs(outside of one 30 floor run) due the chance of the game freezing.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

In Toukiden The Age of Demons I completed every red mission in all 7 chapters, but didn't get the trophy. Did the same with all red phase missions and got that one. Is :bronze: Conquering Hero bugged or do I need to complete all other chapter missions too? I have some solo missions left.

Complete the remaining solo missions, that should get you the trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close to platting Toukiden The Age of Demons: upgraded all weapons that need to be forged with mitama to +9 and collected enough money for that. Saved the game, reloaded once the trophy popped, then used all the money to create armour and level up mitama for the boosts. Ended up with 199 armour pieces (100 are required for the trophy) and 300 boosts. Almost messed up the milestone by reaching 67 combination boosts (100 are needed for another trophy), so crisis averted and the milestone is still safe. I'll most likely obtain enough materials when farming mitama to create the remaining 4-5 sets. I'm curious if the trophy for obtaining 200 armour pieces will pop immediately when importing this save file. Currently at 134/200 mitama and only need to obtain 7 more Eye of Truth Masks to complete the slayer record. The remaining enemies are: Manhunter, Windshredder, Pyropterix, Terragrinder, Pyrogrinder, Dreadhalf, and Nightblade. Unsure if it's required for the plat, but I also obtained all of Cerberus' drops while going for his 10 mitama.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Cerberus is not required for the plat at all, don't know about its Mitama, never got them and have no idea if that's an easier way of obtaining other Mitama or if that adds more to the game.

Nice, that's good to know. Cerberus doesn't drop new mitama, just 10 out of those 200 ones. A few (Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Izanami) were easier to obtain than the main game's mission (it's the story mission where the party is scattered over multiple zones and you'll get one back after defeating a large oni and moving to another zone). With only 2 of those prayer stones that replenishes skill uses it's not possible to spam skills.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...