Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Is it true?! Is it true?! Monster Hunter on PS4!!! I've been hearing about this series for years. YEARS!!!! Now I finally get to play it.

A new battlefield, one that I did not walk upon yet... How I waited for these news!

Come, my fellow Hunters! Rise to the challenge and slay your current enemies. In the next year, let us meet in this land of myth!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

A new battlefield, one that I did not walk upon yet... How I waited for these news!

Come, my fellow Hunters! Rise to the challenge and slay your current enemies. In the next year, let us meet in this land of myth!

Don't know what the trophies are like or maybe even the MP, but I'd be up for some co-op :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Guys, calm your weapons.

In fact, I don't even want to include it in the PP after I saw that trailer.

Yeah, I have to agree that the trailer did not look good.

But I have to give it a chance. After all, it is the game that, according to a huge fanbase, was the cornerstone of the others from the same genre.

8 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That abomination does not deserve the name 'Monster Hunter'

Hmmm... What is that? Why are MH fans with torches and pitchforks going in your direction....?

Agreed, it doesn't look like any MH we've seen so far (both from a graphical point of view and when looking at the gameplay). I hardly recognized the Gypceros at first. I did think it might be one, but the difference in graphics made me doubt it.

But is it bad for the series to change?

I'd say the series strayed too far from its roots and would take the PSP MHs over the more recent titles any day. MH3U was the last MH I enjoyed. I didn't like MH4U for its gameplay and the 3DS's controls, it looks like they kept some of the game elements from that game. I'd be glad to see them gone from MH World. Other than that, I'm willing to give the game a chance.

So, Capcom, give us a demo to actually test the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Long Live The King in Toukiden Kiwami out of the way. Now that the ultimate Cimmerian King without armor/other slayers is out of the way, there's only the grind for all weapons of one category, all Mitama and beating an expert-class Oni alone without armor or Mitama and the ultimate-class Jollux without armor/village slayers left to do to get the plat. This shouldn't take too long, but I'm not really progressing as fast as I could. I'm playing through the phases with some friends, that's more important than getting the plat as fast as I can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Got Long Live The King in Toukiden Kiwami out of the way. Now that the ultimate Cimmerian King without armor/other slayers is out of the way, there's only the grind for all weapons of one category, all Mitama and beating an expert-class Oni alone without armor or Mitama and the ultimate-class Jollux without armor/village slayers left to do to get the plat. This shouldn't take too long, but I'm not really progressing as fast as I could. I'm playing through the phases with some friends, that's more important than getting the plat as fast as I can.

The Jollux mission can be done in a group as long as every player meets the requirements.

As for the expert Oni alone, a rifle against a Hell's Warden will make your life easier.

38 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

The Jollux mission can be done in a group as long as every player meets the requirements.

As for the expert Oni alone, a rifle against a Hell's Warden will make your life easier.

Yeah, I had a good time playing catch with the Hell's Warden in chapter 9. It'll take a while until my team is ready to help with the ultimate Jollux. They are currently in phase 5. We'll finish it tomorrow and maybe also complete phase 6. Maybe I'll get it done on my own before they reach the ultimate Onis. This shouldn't be harder than the Cimmerian King, the same strategy should suffice.

Edited by viech54

I'm currently farming ultimate Aurogrinders in Toukiden: Kiwami. Is there any way to increase the spawn rather further besides doing Earth/Mystery Special Investigations? Also, what do I need to destroy for Treasure Skins? I got the all parts bonus last time (it was really close, it died with my United Destroyer, but lost all parts due to the United Destroyer), but didn't get one. I also used Greed to get more materials from purification every now and then. Can it be obtained by purifying the body?

The rest is obvious or already in my possession.

This is arguably the worst part of the game, why didn't they make a mission with a guaranteed ultimate Aurogrinder? It is way too annoying to slaughter these meaningless Oni time and again just to realize there's no Aurogrinder. That's really all it is, there are some weak Oni that are going to get slaughtered. They are no threat at all, just a nuisance while looking for Aurogrinders. If there's one thing I'd change about the game, I'd give the Aurogrinders a mission on each difficulty.

@viech54 I remember using this method to grind the infamous Aurogrinder:

1- Disable autosave;

2- Go to the mission counter (offline) and accept any fast mission;

3- If the Emergency Mission dont show up, manually save and repeat step 2;

4- If the Emergency Mission show up, DONT SAVE. Select it and see what is the enemy you are going to fight. The reason for this is that the game generates a random enemy for every new Emergency Mission, but if you save when the EM is already on, the enemy will always be the same;

5- If it is not an Aurogrinder, load your save and repeat steps 2-4.

6- If it is an Aurogrinder, quit the mission. If memory serves me right, the Emergency Mission will still be there and you already know that it has what you want. Manually Save;

7- Use the skill Greed. I dont know if it is common knowledge, but it stacks! And the female spear user (Shiranui Leader, I forgot her name) also has Greed as a skill. So you can get 6-8 of the same item in one go;

8- Destroy your enemy and check your rewards. If you dont get the items you want, load your save and repeat the process.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, viech54 said:

@ab4h4r4k1Thanks. Any suggestions for a Mitama setup? The one I currently have has Appraisal (better items from purification) and 2 x Greed. Then I'll get another Greed from Shikimi in the Pool of Purity and another one from Rinne (Shiranui Leader).

Honestly, I dont remember. I used any mitama that had Greed and just choose other skills that would be helpful.

I also dont know if Appraisal will get in the way of getting specific items like the treasure skin, but you can always load your game and remove it.

5 minutes ago, viech54 said:

After about 4 hours of resetting Emergency Missions for an Aurogrinder, it spawned. I got 2 Treasure Skins, now I only need one more Treasure Skin. Sounds doable.

Good luck!

Also, just wanted to know if anyone will be playing (or want to finish up) Ragnarok Odyssey Ace? I'll be starting it this month, and the guide suggests I should basically complete this game in MP. If not, how far can I get on my own?

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Good luck!

Also, just wanted to know if anyone will be playing (or want to finish up) Ragnarok Odyssey Ace? I'll be starting it this month, and the guide suggests I should basically complete this game in MP. If not, how far can I get on my own?

Thanks.

You can do all quests on your own, but you need some help for beating 100 quests in coop. I have the game at 80%, maybe I'll join every now and then. Feel free to message me once you play the game and we'll see what happens.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, viech54 said:

Thanks.

You can do all quests on your own, but you need some help for beating 100 quests in coop. I have the game at 80%, maybe I'll join every now and then. Feel free to message me anywhere once you play the game and we'll see what happens.

Thanks! That's quite helpful to know.

Got the Fearless trophy (beat an Ultimate Jollux without armor) and Weapon Devotee (acquire all weapons of any weapon category) in Toukiden: Kiwami. I ended up doing all solo challenge trophies on my own, it wasn't that bad. That leaves geting all Mitama. There are three Mitama left. Two are no big deal, the third requires farming a Crepusculos. I hope the Mitama won't take forever to think of me as worthy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

Got the Fearless trophy (beat an Ultimate Jollux without armor) and Weapon Devotee (acquire all weapons of any weapon category) in Toukiden: Kiwami. I ended up doing all solo challenge trophies on my own, it wasn't that bad. That leaves geting all Mitama. There are three Mitama left. Two are no big deal, the third requires farming a Crepusculos. I hope the Mitama won't take forever to think of me as worthy.

Awesome! Keep up the good workd :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Awesome! Keep up the good workd :D 

It's done, Utakata Village is safe from danger! Time to party! You're all invited. Don't hold back, there's enough for everyone. It's on me today! *places food and drink here*

?  ? ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?

?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ☕ 

?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ? 

?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?

I honestly never thought I'd get the plat in Toukiden Kiwami. Back in 2016, it felt like I had lost all motivation to play the game ever again. But here it is, the platinum in Toukiden Kiwami. I have to thank my dudes Kuhaku-Taizai and Kotaru1223 for making me go back to the game, Kotaru1223 and namima4 for listening to my ramblings and @ab4h4r4k1 for the tips with the Aurogrinder. It'd have taken much longer without all of them.

. 1L5643ba.png

The Ultimate Slayer

The three Mitama weren't as much of a problem as I thought they'd be. They were kind enough to accept me without making me fight the Oni in question countless times.

Overall, it took me a bit more than 450 hours to coplete TAoD and Kiwami. The grind is still real, random Aurogrinders and Shadow Oni make it a lot more tedious than it needs to be. I was a bit worried about getting all weapons from a category as I didn't keep track of it until the endgame grind. But it turned out I didn't miss anything, it all worked out nicely.

On that note, I bought Toukiden 2 yesterday. It'll arrive at my place tomorrow. I won't play it right away, but I'm going to make it a goal to reach the God Slayer rank this year. That means completing two more games from this PP.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's about time to take up my weapon once more and face the threat of the Oni again in Toukiden 2. So far, I've created my character and completed the tutorial. The character customization is great, but too bad I'll wear armor most of the time and won't even see what I did. I like the design of the new Oni at the end of the tutorial that, if my guess is correct, brought me to the future.

I'll do this properly this time and take notes of every weapon I create. It was a bit of a hassle to figure out what I still needed in Kiwami, I don't want that again if KT decides to make an enhanced version of Toukiden 2.

• Like 1