Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

10 hours ago, viech54 said:

It's about time to take up my weapon once more and face the threat of the Oni again in Toukiden 2. So far, I've created my character and completed the tutorial. The character customization is great, but too bad I'll wear armor most of the time and won't even see what I did. I like the design of the new Oni at the end of the tutorial that, if my guess is correct, brought me to the future.

I'll do this properly this time and take notes of every weapon I create. It was a bit of a hassle to figure out what I still needed in Kiwami, I don't want that again if KT decides to make an enhanced version of Toukiden 2.

Saw, based on the rarity, that it's not as difficult as Kiwami. 

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Saw, based on the rarity, that it's not as difficult as Kiwami. 

I can confirm that so far. The enemies die so much faster than in previous installments, which is not good at all. How am I supposed to destroy all Oni parts when the enemies can't take the hits? The AI doesn't help either, they just deal damage to the Oni and make it even harder to break all parts in time. United Destroyer is no longer a thing (at least in chapter 1, maybe it will come back later). It's a good thing Multipurpose Rocks are a thing in the game. They can be used as a replacement for the other materials I need for crafting.

Some of the trophies are a nuisance for veterans of the series. Why would I be interested in testing each weapon type and Mitama type 10 times? I already did that in Toukiden: The Age of Demons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

1- The enemies die so much faster than in previous installments, which is not good at all. How am I supposed to destroy all Oni parts when the enemies can't take the hits? The AI doesn't help either, they just deal damage to the Oni and make it even harder to break all parts in time.

2- United Destroyer is no longer a thing (at least in chapter 1, maybe it will come back later).

3- It's a good thing Multipurpose Rocks are a thing in the game. They can be used as a replacement for the other materials I need for crafting.

1- I believe you are talking about the Bruteclaw, especially because it regenerates every limb when entering rage mode. I remember that I had to go solo and use Dual Knives to break all of its parts, otherwise it would die too fast. All the other Oni will probably have 1 part to be broken before you kill it.

2- No United Destroyer. The game is already easy without it.

3- Use them I finished the game with a lot of Multipurpose Rocks because I was saving them for a "better moment" that never happened.

46 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

1- I believe you are talking about the Bruteclaw, especially because it regenerates every limb when entering rage mode. I remember that I had to go solo and use Dual Knives to break all of its parts, otherwise it would die too fast. All the other Oni will probably have 1 part to be broken before you kill it.

2- No United Destroyer. The game is already easy without it.

3- Use them I finished the game with a lot of Multipurpose Rocks because I was saving them for a "better moment" that never happened.

1: Yes, Bruteclaw is the one that gave me trouble because it regenerates all parts at approximately 10% HP.

2: Too bad it's gone. I really liked it to  break Oni parts at times. It'd be a great help against Bruteclaw.

3: Will do, thanks.

I noticed some areas where the exposure bar turns red and rises way faster than usual. It also reduces my stamina to 0 and decreases my defense. So far, these were always certain death for me. What can I do about these areas?

Also, quests. Are there any permanently missable quests or ones with time limits?

Edited by viech54

24 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I noticed some areas where the exposure bar turns red and rises way faster than usual. It also reduces my stamina to 0 and decreases my defense. So far, these were always certain death for me. What can I do about these areas?

Also, quests. Are there any permanently missable quests or ones with time limits?

Those Red Areas can only be properly accessed after you purify every barrier stone and close the miasma hole (Main Story Quest) in the area. From red it will turn purple. So dont bother getting through them for now.

As for the quests, I cant say for sure if there are missable ones since I did every one of them as they showed up.

2 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Those Red Areas can only be properly accessed after you purify every barrier stone and close the miasma hole (Main Story Quest) in the area. From red it will turn purple. So dont bother getting through them for now.

As for the quests, I cant say for sure if there are missable ones since I did every one of them as they showed up.

I'll do that, then.

And I see, I should probably do that as well.

1 hour ago, PowerCoard said:

Awesome job this gives me some incentive to finish Freedom Wars

Do you still need Antisocial Networking? If so, I could start the game and we both get the trophy out of the way while also giving me a reason to play the game.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I platted God Eater Resurrection, that still isn't enough to reach the silver badge, but it does increase my rank from 1 to 2 :lol: .

Congratulations :)

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

At least Rank Up, right? =D

I'd like my rank up as well. I reached rank 4 with Toukiden Kiwami a while ago, but am still rank 3 in the first post.

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yep, I'm getting there one step at a time. Still have God Eater 2, Soul Sacrifice, and Toukiden The Age of Demons left to play.

Nice games you have there, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Toukiden: TAoD can get a bit grindy at times, but it's doable.

Do you have a rank you want to reach this year in the Monster Hunter PP?

My goal is at least rank 6 this year. I'm currently working on Toukiden: Kiwami, that'll get me to rank 5 and make me a Folklore Fanatic. Then I need one more game. Ragnarok Odyssey ACE would be the fast option, I already got ~80% of the trophies, but I don't know if I want to play it. Alternatively, I could go for Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice. I don't own the other games of this PP.

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Nice games you have there, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Toukiden: TAoD can get a bit grindy at times, but it's doable.

Do you have a rank you want to reach this year in the Monster Hunter PP?

My goal is at least rank 6 this year. I'm currently working on Toukiden: Kiwami, that'll get me to rank 5 and make me a Folklore Fanatic. Then I need one more game. Ragnarok Odyssey ACE would be the fast option, I already got ~80% of the trophies, but I don't know if I want to play it. Alternatively, I could go for Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice. I don't own the other games of this PP.

Thanks for the heads up. Nah, I just want to play those games. Already had them before this PP was created, but I don't play monster hunting games back to back because they're so repetitive. Freedom Wars has a nice OST. IIRC it's called Jerusalem, I set that one as the default track during battles, which made them all feel epic :lol: . The thorn is a nice addition too, which enables you to quickly cover lots of distance. On the downside the weapon crafting is crap and if you dive right in without some knowledge, you'll spent the rest of the game creating a crappy weapon.

18 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks for the heads up. Nah, I just want to play those games. Already had them before this PP was created, but I don't play monster hunting games back to back because they're so repetitive. Freedom Wars has a nice OST. IIRC it's called Jerusalem, I set that one as the default track during battles, which made them all feel epic :lol: . The thorn is a nice addition too, which enables you to quickly cover lots of distance. On the downside the weapon crafting is crap and if you dive right in without some knowledge, you'll spent the rest of the game creating a crappy weapon.

That's fine as well, of course. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Another thing you should know about Toukiden is actually about weapon crafting as well. Keep track of the weapons you create. It may not be relevant in The Age of Demons, but will be in Kiwami if you play it with the intention of getting platinum. You can use your The Age of Demons savegame in Kiwami. You need to create all weapons of a weapon type, it is way easier when you know what you created. The game shows you what you created, but only in the shop or at the blacksmith and only for the weapons you own, the improved versions of these weapons or the standard stuff you can craft or buy.

Here's a weapon tree for Toukiden Kiwami: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tbxQdcy4RgZ4rljP5wfsTnQ/htmlview

Take a look at the longsword tree and then CTRL + F "Ultimate Bite". You see the words Shop and Upgrade, meaning you can either buy it from the shop or upgrade it from True Bite. What you want to do is upgrade it from Longsword -> Master's Sword -> Steel Bite -> True Bite -> Ultimate Bite as you'd miss out on all upgrades that are needed for the trophy and the game would only tell you whether you crafted it or not for Longsword, True Bite and Ultimate Bite (assuming you don't keep one copy of every weapon - including upgraded, but not ultimate versions, as in one Longsword, one Master's Sword, one Steel Bite, one True Bite and so on).

18 minutes ago, viech54 said:

That's fine as well, of course. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Another thing you should know about Toukiden is actually about weapon crafting as well. Keep track of the weapons you create. It may not be relevant in The Age of Demons, but will be in Kiwami if you play it with the intention of getting platinum. You can use your The Age of Demons savegame in Kiwami. You need to create all weapons of a weapon type, it is way easier when you know what you created. The game shows you what you created, but only in the shop or at the blacksmith and only for the weapons you own, the improved versions of these weapons or the standard stuff you can craft or buy.

Here's a weapon tree for Toukiden Kiwami: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tbxQdcy4RgZ4rljP5wfsTnQ/htmlview

Take a look at the longsword tree and then CTRL + F "Ultimate Bite". You see the words Shop and Upgrade, meaning you can either buy it from the shop or upgrade it from True Bite. What you want to do is upgrade it from Longsword -> Master's Sword -> Steel Bite -> True Bite -> Ultimate Bite as you'd miss out on all upgrades that are needed for the trophy and the game would only tell you whether you crafted it or not for Longsword, True Bite and Ultimate Bite (assuming you don't keep one copy of every weapon - including upgraded, but not ultimate versions, as in one Longsword, one Master's Sword, one Steel Bite, one True Bite and so on).

That's good to know and thanks for the spreadsheet. I did consider getting Kiwami if I like The Age of Demons.

As for Freedom Wars, what I remember is you can transform a weapon after upgrading it to lvl 5. DON'T DO THIS. Upgrade it to lvl 10 first before transforming it and use the non-elemental path, otherwise you'll have to farm enemies in co-op missions, which are almost impossible to do solo. Also give your servant an RPG, as servants have infinite ammo.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's good to know and thanks for the spreadsheet. I did consider getting Kiwami if I like The Age of Demons.

As for Freedom Wars, what I remember is you can transform a weapon after upgrading it to lvl 5. DON'T DO THIS. Upgrade it to lvl 10 first before transforming it and use the non-elemental path, otherwise you'll have to farm enemies in co-op missions, which are almost impossible to do solo. Also give your servant an RPG, as servants have infinite ammo.

General guide for The Age of Demons (best for farming Mitama, not needed for the rest, but has The Age of Demon only weapon tree in case you don't want to see Kiwami weapons before playing the game, might make it easier to figure out what you can do with your weapons): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aH-UTPc-T9jX2tmgphHDbYJSFJVjx9zr8Rq0upf9tWU/edit?pli=1#gid=839785021

Toukden TAoD & Kiwami item search: http://toukiden.surge.sh/itemsearch Feel free to ignore the text saying it's only for Kiwami, it works for both games. It tells you where to find all items in the game. There's just one flaw. In Kiwami, there are two items named Warden Horn. One of them is rarity 5, the other one rarity 8. If you need it, be sure to farm the correct Hell's Warden (Expert for r5 and Ultimate for r8). The items are called "Warden Horn" (rarity 5) and "Warden's Horn" (rarity 8) in the item search.

It is easier to use the site than to look at the various Ages and Oni in the game manually.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, viech54 said:

General guide for The Age of Demons (best for farming Mitama, not needed for the rest, but has The Age of Demon only weapon tree in case you don't want to see Kiwami weapons before playing the game, might make it easier to figure out what you can do with your weapons): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aH-UTPc-T9jX2tmgphHDbYJSFJVjx9zr8Rq0upf9tWU/edit?pli=1#gid=839785021

Toukden TAoD & Kiwami item search: http://toukiden.surge.sh/itemsearch Feel free to ignore the text saying it's only for Kiwami, it works for both games. It tells you where to find all items in the game. There's just one flaw. In Kiwami, there are two items named Warden Horn. One of them is rarity 5, the other one rarity 8. If you need it, be sure to farm the correct Hell's Warden (Expert for r5 and Ultimate for r8). The items are called "Warden Horn" (rarity 5) and "Warden's Horn" (rarity 8) in the item search.

It is easier to use the site than to look at the various Ages and Oni in the game manually.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

Nice, thanks a lot for the info. Bookmarked the links for future use. How long does it takes to plat The Age of Demons?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

On 8/11/2017 at 9:03 AM, viech54 said:

I'll do that, then.

And I see, I should probably do that as well.

Do you still need Antisocial Networking? If so, I could start the game and we both get the trophy out of the way while also giving me a reason to play the game.

I think I got all the online trophies but I can check 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.8.2017 at 8:24 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, thanks a lot for the info. Bookmarked the links for future use. How long does it takes to plat The Age of Demons?

Around 150 to 200 hours depending on your luck. That's more or less how long it took me. If needed, I can look up the exact time on my Vita later.

@ab4h4r4k1 What's wrong with the Phase 2 mission Bitter Fruit in Mahorioba Village? There should be a Phytodior, but all I see are his poisonous fruits. I thought I'm supposed to attack them, use my Demonhand or unleash the Wind Geopulse on them to make it spawn, but it doesn't work. How do I do this?

Edited by viech54

39 minutes ago, viech54 said:

What's wrong with the Phase 2 mission Bitter Fruit in Mahorioba Village? There should be a Phytodior, but all I see are his poisonous fruits. I thought I'm supposed to attack them, use my Demonhand or unleash the Wind Geopulse on them to make it spawn, but it doesn't work. How do I do this?

I dont remember. Honestly. But I do remember that there was a Phytodior mission that was kinda glitched and it would take a few minutes for it to spawn even after destroying the poisonous fruits/rocks that mark its position.

3 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

I dont remember. Honestly. But I do remember that there was a Phytodior mission that was kinda glitched and it would take a few minutes for it to spawn even after destroying the poisonous fruits/rocks that mark its position.

I see, then that was probably it. The Phytodior never spawned, I had to restart the mission. Then it was there, waiting for me to destroy it.

On 23.8.2017 at 4:54 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Wow, that's quite a time sink. Wasn't expecting that.

The first two Toukidens are ultra rare for a reason. But other than keeping track of the weapons you create, talking to the named NPCs to max out your bonds and checking the areas for Shadow Oni with the Eye of Truth, there's nothing to watch out for while playing. Nothing is permanently missable on a playthrough.

Can anyone recommend a game from this PP on Vita that has no missable trophies? I'm going to be the driver for a person in this house and have to wait until rehab is done (up to 2 hours multiple times a week), so a Vita game is pretty much my only choice of game in these kinds of situations. No missables is important because I won't have access to the internet to use a guide. I'm thinking of playing either Waifu/Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice, can the story be played without a guide? I don't think I'll get much further than that.

Edited by viech54