Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

Still planning on getting Monster Hunter World Day 1. I also will have to make sure I have PS+ by then. Not sure if I can get it in December. 

EDIT: Not sure I'd have fun playing as Aloy - I haven't played HZD yet. Part of my enjoyment comes from creating a character of my very own.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Agreed. I'm not overly interested in Aloy's armor either. If I want to play as Aloy, it's always an option to get Horizon Zero Dawn and play that. Also, armors from other characters tend to be not as good as the regular armor sets in the game.

Something I never thought of though. More people might buy the game because of the Aloy exclusive or maybe be interested in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Something I never thought of though. More people might buy the game because of the Aloy exclusive or maybe be interested in it.

You're right, the main point of this crossover is to get the player base from HZD interested in MH World. HZD players wouldn't care about my points. Anyway, I think we'll get one event quest for this armor, which is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The demo for Monster Hunter World will be in December right? Because I just got an email from Sony PSN, and I'll be able to use the online features with a subscription from 15-20 November 2017. I don't know how I'll use it though - I probably have a handful of games that would benefit from multiplayer.

Did anyone else get an email? 

Didn't get an email, but it's true that there's free multiplayer on PS4 during said timeframe. No idea how the MH World demo fits in there, I didn't hear anything about them releasing it earlier. The release date is still December 2017.

Edited by viech54

13 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Didn't get an email, but it's true that there's free multiplayer on PS4 during said timeframe. No idea how the MH World demo fits in there, I didn't hear anything about them releasing it earlier. The release date is still December 2017.

I guess I'll figure it out. Maybe I'll start Rise of the Tomb Raider or find someone who'll play SAO: Hollow Realization.

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

The beta to Monster Hunter World is up until tomorrow, but only if you have PS+. The news came on Friday, but I guess I skipped it. I believe there are 3 missions. Would love an opinion from people here. I am getting the game regardless though. 

I cleared all missions. Better than expected, worse than I hoped. A detailed explanation will have to wait.

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

The beta to Monster Hunter World is up until tomorrow, but only if you have PS+. The news came on Friday, but I guess I skipped it. I believe there are 3 missions. Would love an opinion from people here. I am getting the game regardless though. 

The Ancient Forest location in beta showed that due to open world the game may end up being too confusing instead of bringing joy from exploring.

It really felt overwhelming. I would much prefer smaller closed locations.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 4 weeks later...

@Edunstar84 Dragon Elders are monsters that have the reputation of being exceptionally strong (though not all of them are). Some were able to defeat a hunter in one hit with the best armor. Fighting them is generally one of the more challenging things you can do in a Monster Hunter. Their unlock requirements are sometimes hard to fulfill as well and the quests against them are not always available. Still... It is a bit of a stretch to call this trailer dragon elder trailer. I recognized only very few dragon elders, they mostly showed regular monsters. There are many more than the ones they showed in this video.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the trophy list for Monster Hunter World: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7169-monster-hunter-world

What do you think about it?

Most of it seems to come naturally while playing the game. The troublesome trophies will most likely be all miniature/giant crowns for all monsters, but maybe Capcom will help us out on that end by releasing some DLC quests to make getting the smallest and largest versions of all enemies easier. That, and the multiplayer trophies for people without PS+. Or can it be played online without PS+ or in adhoc mode?

Did anyone already buy the game and is interested in mutliplayer?

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

Here's the trophy list for Monster Hunter World: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7169-monster-hunter-world

Most of it seems to come naturally while playing the game. The troublesome trophies will most likely be all miniature/giant crowns for all monsters, but maybe Capcom will help us out on that end by releasing some DLC quests to make getting the smallest and largest versions of all enemies easier. That, and the multiplayer trophies for people without PS+. Or can it be played online without PS+ or in adhoc mode?

I bought the game and played 30 minutes of it, which is the most I can play right now (still have vertigo). I'm going to go in with the Bow, and try to at least get decent with it before I attempt MP and mess everyone up - I died during my 1st mission. Still working on where the buttons and actions are located. Anyway, I'll be interested in playing MP later on in the weekend, or even better, next weekend.

I'll probably also use Dual Blades as my secondary weapon. 

Does anyone know where I can get the DLCs on the PS4. I downloaded via PC, and don't know where I can access them.

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

Well, come naturally but in hundreds of hours xD

Regarding MP, I would believe you would have to do MP even if you didn't want to :D

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I bought the game and played 30 minutes of it, which is the most I can play right now (still have vertigo). I'm going to go in with the Bow, and try to at least get decent with it before I attempt MP and mess everyone up - I died during my 1st mission. Still working on where the buttons and actions are located. Anyway, I'll be interested in playing MP later on in the weekend, or even better, next weekend.

I'll probably also use Dual Blades as my secondary weapon. 

Does anyone know where I can get the DLCs on the PS4. I downloaded via PC, and don't know where I can access them.

Bow is one of the harder weapons to start with. You'll have less defense than the melee weapon users and it will take a while to get used to hitting the weak spots of your enemies. In short, it will be more challenging at first and about equal later on (one you get used to things and have good bows). I'm not an expert on using bows, but if there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do to help. Next weekend sounds good, gives me the time to make some progress as well.

Dual Blades were once my favorite weapon, then they changed them quite a bit starting with MH3U. I'll try them, but maybe won't like them as much as I used to.

Sorry, no idea.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, come naturally but in hundreds of hours xD

Regarding MP, I would believe you would have to do MP even if you didn't want to :D

We all know that's how long we're going to play the game xD.

Then let me rephrase that. Are multiplayer quests online only or can players access it offline?

Edited by viech54

5 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Bow is one of the harder weapons to start with. You'll have less defense than the melee weapon users and it will take a while to get used to hitting the weak spots of your enemies. In short, it will be more challenging at first and about equal later on (one you get used to things and have good bows). I'm not an expert on using bows, but if there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do to help. Next weekend sounds good, gives me the time to make some progress as well.

Dual Blades were once my favorite weapon, then they changed them quite a bit starting with MH3U. I'll try them, but maybe won't like them as much as I used to.

Well, that's nice that I started with the harder weapons to master.....Is there anything that plays like the Scythe from God Eater? I really enjoyed using it. Next weekend it is! Do you have anyone else to play with? I'd like for @sephirothdude to join in, if they're up to it.

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, that's nice that I started with the harder weapons to master.....Is there anything that plays like the Scythe from God Eater? I really enjoyed using it. Next weekend it is! Do you have anyone else to play with? I'd like for @sephirothdude to join in, if they're up to it.

Maybe the Switch Axe or the Longsword. Didn't try any of these weapons in MHW yet, but I'd say they are the closest to God Eater's Scythe based on past experiences with these weapons.

No one who absolutely needs to join. Kirito, Blank and one of their friends want to play the game, chances are I'll play with them every now and then. Then there's Pan from Skype, but I don't know if she bought the game. None of these people are on PSNP.

31 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Edunstar84 I'm up for it, I won't be around after 8pm tonight but free for the rest of the day, also I went with long sword and I love it! Was tempted by bow as I was watching a streamer use it and thought it was very cool!

26 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

@Edunstar84 I'm up for it, I won't be around after 8pm tonight but free for the rest of the day, also I went with long sword and I love it! Was tempted by bow as I was watching a streamer use it and thought it was very cool!

It would have to be for next weekend. Don't think I'll be up for it today.