Battlefield 1 Beta Thoughts?

CrimsonFalzar

I'm perfectly fine with just one map. Just enough to show us the game, its mechanics and potential bugs that still need to be fixed. I've spent hours on BF3's Operation Métro beta, probably gonna be the same here. People really need to work more as a team though. How often I'm capturing objectives alone is just sad.

I'm perfectly fine with just one map. Just enough to show us the game, its mechanics and potential bugs that still need to be fixed. I've spent hours on BF3's Operation Métro beta, probably gonna be the same here. People really need to work more as a team though. How often I'm capturing objectives alone is just sad.

I know what you mean, there where people sniping us from the cliffs and no one even bothered to get them I had to go by myself and kill them all.

But I normally have this issue with battlefield with lack of teammates. 

I know what you mean, there where people sniping us from the cliffs and no one even bothered to get them I had to go by myself and kill them all.

But I normally have this issue with battlefield with lack of teammates. 

Yeah, exactly. Unless you have a mic and/or friends to play with, people don't really tend to work together.

TBH Recon Is Broken here is why:

1 even if you don't get a headshot off you do 90% HP ... 
No class can counter there range besides recon ... 

after firing the shot what is the cooldown for this 90% hp shot nothing litterly pull something on your gun and fire again... 

This Beta is kinda making me not want to play it because I feel like I'm being forced to play recon ... :I 

And honestly these players that consistently kill you with recon sux because I turn recon and they die so fast 
So its a broken class that anyone can pick and easily kill people. I hope gets some sort of nerf or something counter for it I know this is beta but I really don't wanna play just because of this class.

ALSO CLIFFS AND CLIMBING UP THINGS OMG THEY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP THIS SHIT MAKES ME WANNA THROW MY CONTROLLER. 
When you climb over or up something 5 times and you end up back where you started.

ALSO CLIFFS AND CLIMBING UP THINGS OMG THEY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP THIS SHIT MAKES ME WANNA THROW MY CONTROLLER. 
When you climb over or up something 5 times and you end up back where you started.

Actually come to think of it didn't battlefield 4 have this problem in the beta?

This is one of the first Battlefield games where I've genuinely been surprised in a good way. I love the fact that they have gone full-WWI on us and everything feels so old fashioned and primitive (as it should feel!) This is the first time in a while where I didn't feel like "been there done that." (Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 3 come to mind right away when I say that....) Honestly, this open beta hasn't changed my mind one bit since this has always been a day 1 purchase for me since they revealed the WWI setting in May.

One glitch that I absolutely need to address: Has anyone been able to adjust their tank controls to match BF4? I checked my options and it says I can move forward using the left stick and fire using R2. But whenever I get into a tank, it forces me to move forward with R2 - which I don't like to do. I even checked my control scheme while in game in a tank and it still said you can shoot with R2 and move forward with left stick, even though this just isn't true. Has anyone else noticed this?

Gotta say when there is no snipers on the game I have ALOT of fun with the game. But snipers really ruin it for me.

It's just laggy. But not too bad.

They need to slow down the progression thou. Or give out less war bonds per level.

And I have no problems taking on Scout's at range with my Medic's rifle.

mmmkay.... So your able to hit people all the way across the map with a medics rifle cuz you must have some MLG hax on your system. 

And I'm talking about I shoot Recons 3 times then they one shot me. So IDK there is some kind of unbalance here

I hope they add the ability to change fire/aim from R2/L2 to R1/L1. For the beta I had to change the setup on my controller.

Not sure whether or not I'm going to buy this game (depends on my friends etc.) but I must say I had a great time playing this beta. The last "historic" FPS I played was World at War many, many years ago and I must admit that I've grown tired of the contemporary and future shooters. If I'm going to buy a FPS this autumn (which I haven't done for the last few years) it will surely be this.