Oh no! DLC incoming.

My Platinum was free but a few bronze is gonna cost me a couple bucks?

I'll pass

Plus I've heard they nerfed the AI making them harder

Luckily for me I'm not a 100% junkie, just a platinum whore

I was pretty pissed last night when I first tried the DLC. They have definitely changed the game mechanics, and the AI (esp in the overtake races) is just stupid. I had one of the AI cars make a left turn, drive across the track, and ram me, send both of us off the edge - just to block an overtake.

The races aren't too bad.

I have found for the Cult Classic series that the Stock Car (looks like the General Lee) has been nerfed. The handling is awful. Switch to the Pick up Truck and the events are much, MUCH easier.

I have finished the Cult Classic championship now.

The required for the main game special events are now ridiculous. That's F bs. For example the 10 lap race now ask for a 4.42 instead of a 4.50..

Wait, they changed the targets in the main game with this update as well? That is BS (as I've heard devs say they were told they couldn't patch things to lower the difficulty - see the Beach Buggy Racing forums as an example).

Wait, they changed the targets in the main game with this update as well? That is BS (as I've heard devs say they were told they couldn't patch things to lower the difficulty - see the Beach Buggy Racing forums as an example).

Yes they changed many special events. I don't think I'll be able to get the 4.42 target.. I have barely hit 4.45 with a almost perfect run :/ Edited by Winston

Yes they changed many special events. I don't think I'll be able to get the 4.42 target.. I have barely hit 4.45 with a almost perfect run :/

Total douche move. I wonder what the rationale? Would buying the other DLC help?

Which event was changed to 4:42? I'd like to give it a go ;)

Edit:

Is it Unsinkable II? I went back and checked, I had 4:42:04 originally (the new gold time is 4:42:50).

I did another run, and managed 4:38:72 after 3 attempts

Still not a flawless run (I got stuck on the meat once), so I think 4:35 is possible with a perfect run.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

What you've heard from Beach Buggy Racing forums is total bs then. :P Change of difficulty has happened so many times in so many games. A very famous example is the NA version of 3D Dot Game Heroes, where the hardest thing you do for the plat is this one race you gotta do within an extremely low time. NA version got a patch (EU didn't), that made the time to beat higher. :P Then there's Hand of Fate... yeah, that was a rather easy platinum until they completely changed some of the game in a patch, and even added new trophies to the main game list (required for plat, so you could have plat without 100% main portion of game), and they even added DLC trophies you could unlock without owning the DLC. xD

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me tips on how to beat the last pursuit in the supercars championship? I just can't catch the damn car and it's the only thing I need for the last trophy

I lucked out on this and the car you have to catch got stuck in a corner.

I have tried to do it legit and upload a video, but can't quite beat the target time.

As a general principle, it seems more helpful on this track to use the boost to get lined up and get up to speed coming out of the corners, since there are so few straights.

Sorry I can't give a more useful approach.

Edited by diskdocx

I lucked out on this and the car you have to catch got stuck in a corner.

I have tried to do it legit and upload a video, but can't quite beat the target time.

As a general principle, it seems more helpful on this track to use the boost to get lined up and get up to speed coming out of the corners, since there are so few straights.

Sorry I can't give a more useful approach.

Starting to think you really need to wait until it gets stuck, anyway did it after that happened, fun dlc overall except for the idiotic AI that bumps you just for the lolz