PS+ IGC September 2016 (EU + US)

LastMinuteSavior

Finally some games I want to play. I've already 100%ed Lords Of The Fallen otherwise I'd get that, been holding off getting Journey for some reason but now it's free and I'll also take Prince Of Persia.

Is it worth playing the PoP HD trilogy before The Forgotten Sands?

It's not too important, Forgotten Sands takes place between Sands of Time and Warrior Within, but it's still enjoyable as a stand-alone title, and it doesn't really spoil anything for the trilogy, as far as I can remember anyway.

Great month but as Mar proved above can't please everyone no matter what you do.

First off, I never said it was a bad sale. To put Journey in two good recent sales and then lazily and cheaply give us that as oppise to a more derserved game that hasnt had a sale is not something anyone can defend. Its messed up for a few reasons and makes the recent sales redundant. You give us two recent sales.. again.. two then throw it out on plus shortly after?

Second this isnt a good sale, there is just one (good) aaa indie game and one 'decent' aaa game, since its apparently a weaker version of what its inspired from and most similar to. 1-2 good games dont make a 6/6 line up good unless two are AAAs like Uncharted and say Gravity Rush Remastered but then not everyone has a ps4 anyway so its further a flawed perspective and claim. This is merely a decent igc, better than the past few months of conditioned lower quality games. This is your usual typical quality igc as the past before the few months of lower q games this year. Baffles me when ppl claim an igc is good cause of maybe that one really good game or two decently well made games, when theres 4 other to worry about.

Edited by Parker

If you think it's fucked up that Sony has sold something that they put on sale, jesus christ you are really new to the service because that's what they always have done and will continue to do, lmao.

I'm sure most people got Journey when it was $5. If you bought it when it was a fiver, you probably felt it was worth it. Now suddenly it's worthless because people get 'em for free? Ignore sales for a whole year or continue to roll the dice and blame Sony later, I guess.

Pretty sure he is simply pointing out that Sony has a tendency to put games in sales shortly before going into the IGC. He has a point. It is a poor business practice, but one they get away with because they have no price guarantees (unlike most retail stores, that also have competition).

There have been a lot more egregious cases than this one though. 2 months is a pretty reasonable interval. In Dec last year they had Tales of Borderlands for 50% off, then 75% off 3 days later in a flash sale. That was a blatant example.

Personally I think anything over a 30 day window is fair game.

This is a good month in terms of the quality of games. Have most of them, but will grab Datura, and probably stack the PS4 version of Journey. I may grab Lords of the Fallen for later. No interest in Badlands. Definitely a better month that any of the other recent offerings.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

I am not really excited about this month, but I am not upset either.

I already own Journey, which is my favorite from the list. It's not for everyone, but it's very fun and I highly recommend it. Not really upset it's now free with PS+ either, as I like owning this one.

I will probably try some of the others at some point, when I have the chance. They won't burn a hole in my backlog, but they're not unwelcome additions, either.

I guess I am rather nonchalant about PS+ offerings. They're a fun bonus.

This is a pretty great month. Definitely the best one in quite some time. And look! No PSP games!  :o It's a Christmas miracle, everybody.  :P

Lords of the Fallen is a game I've always been interested in, but it just seemed like a Souls clone without the things that made those games special. I wasn't really interested in buying it, but I'll definitely give it a go now. Maybe I'll like it more than I thought I would. I've not played Journey, despite how many people have praised it over the years. It just seems like one of those games that has such high expectations behind it, so I don't see myself being anything but disappointed if I do play it for myself. I'm also not sure that I'm really into those kinds of games. Maybe I'll give it a go now though. Maybe... Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is also another one that interests me. I've not played that series before, but I've heard good things about them, so it's pretty cool that I get to try it out now. And while I haven't heard great things about Amnesia: Memories, I'm just thankful it's not a PSP game tbh. Seems like a simple VN and an easy plat. I'll take it!  :)

Usually I struggle to find even one game that interests me in the Plus lineups, so I'm pretty happy with what we got this month. I don't know how anyone could say this is a bad lineup.

I'm sure most people got Journey when it was $5. If you bought it when it was a fiver, you probably felt it was worth it. Now suddenly it's worthless because people get 'em for free? Ignore sales for a whole year or continue to roll the dice and blame Sony later, I guess.

I bought Journey for full price just a couple of days after it was released, and don't regret it one bit - it was an amazing experience, and I still have it installed on my PS3, and still play it every once in a while.  flOw and Flower were also fun titles.  If I hear that thatgamecompany are making another game in the future, I'll happily throw my money at them. :)

• Like 1

Great month but as Mar proved above can't please everyone no matter what you do. 

Youre clearly mental, especially with that narrowminded thinking. First off, I never said it was a bad sale. To put Journey in two good recent sales and then lazily and cheaply give us that as oppise to a more derserved game that hasnt had a sale is not something anyone can defend. Its messed up for a few reasons and makes the recent sales redundant. You give us two recent sales.. again.. two then throw it out on plus shortly after?

Second this isnt a good sale, there is just one (good) aaa indie game and one 'decent' aaa game, since its apparently a weaker version of what its inspired from and most similar to. 1-2 good games dont make a 6/6 line up good unless two are AAAs like Uncharted and say Gravity Rush Remastered but then not everyone has a ps4 anyway so its further a flawed perspective and claim. This is merely a decent igc, better than the past few months of conditioned lower quality games. This is your usual typical quality igc as the past before the few months of lower q games this year. Baffles me when ppl claim an igc is good cause of maybe that one really good game or two decently well made games, when theres 4 other to worry about.

You got all that from what I said? Haha okay.

"Hey, you millions of people who didn't buy this game in a recent sale, guess what? You don't get to play this game for free through plus." That's what your saying boils down to. Everything else you are saying is subjective and YOUR opinion. But yes, I'm "mental" and "narrowminded" for daring to think that just because I purchased something previously doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't get it.

• Like 3

Whether this is a good or bad lineup is really in the eye of the beholder.  There is no right or wrong answer.  It is all based on personal tastes and what we already own.  Assuming an annual subscription fee of $60 and not factoring in the value added from additional PS+ services (extra discounts on sales, multiplayer, cloud saves, etc.), an average month would be one where I would be willing to spend $5 on any combination of IGC games.  This month, I'm not all that interested in playing what I don't already own so I could make a case that it is a bad month since I wouldn't be willing to spend money on the other titles offered.  On the other hand, while many thought August was a bad month, I would have happily purchased Yakuza 5 on sale for $20 or so, 4 times the price of my monthly subscription so for me personally, August was a good month.

Objectively, I do agree that the overall quality of titles offered in September is a step up and hopefully, a good sign for future months, but I understand those that aren't enamored with it as well.  Opinions and all that.

Pretty sure he is simply pointing out that Sony has a tendency to put games in sales shortly before going into the IGC. He has a point. It is a poor business practice, but one they get away with because they have no price guarantees (unlike most retail stores, that also have competition).

There have been a lot more egregious cases than this one though. 2 months is a pretty reasonable interval. In Dec last year they had Tales of Borderlands for 50% off, then 75% off 3 days later in a flash sale. That was a blatant example.

Personally I think anything over a 30 day window is fair game.

This is a good month in terms of the quality of games. Have most of them, but will grab Datura, and probably stack the PS4 version of Journey. I may grab Lords of the Fallen for later. No interest in Badlands. Definitely a better month that any of the other recent offerings.

And there it goes, that one other person who actually understands the issue and point.

I dont really agree with the two month integrel though. ICG are monthly based, not say weekly or daily based. For a monthly bases lgc, Journey being among one of the 6 games this month is pretty blantant as well (just not as much as your comparison). It would have been more tolerable if it was spread out a few months after so that the sales dont look like easy cash grabs and argubly pointless purchases. It makes the ppl who bought it also feel a bit stupid, again because of time-frame.

Edited by Mar

First off, I never said it was a bad sale. To put Journey in two good recent sales and then lazily and cheaply give us that as oppise to a more derserved game that hasnt had a sale is not something anyone can defend. Its messed up for a few reasons and makes the recent sales redundant. You give us two recent sales.. again.. two then throw it out on plus shortly after?

Holy self entitlement Batman. What's your definition of a "more deserved game"?

You do realize the PS+ team plans games out SEVERAL months in advance, right? Yes, I'm aware that it's not entirely ethical for them to put something for free that was previously in a flash sale in the not to distant past, but that's the business for you, and it happens all the time.

I have 4/6 titles here, and I don't have a problem with the month. Actually, I think that makes the month better. If I paid out of pocket for games, obviously the month is pretty damn awesome if I have to sigh and think to myself, "well shit, already have over half of it, lolololol." 

Unfortunately, some people will look at that and think, "godfuckingdamnit Sony, I DESERVE games that I don't have. I DESERVE this. I DESERVE that."

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 2

And there it goes, that one other person who actually understands the issue and point.

I dont really agree with the two month integrel though. ICG are monthly based, not say weekly or daily based. For a monthly bases lgc, Journey being among one of the 6 games this month is pretty blantant as well (just not as much as your comparison). It would have been more tolerable if it was spread out a few months after so that the sales dont look like easy cash grabs and argubly pointless purchases. It makes the ppl who bought it also feel a bit stupid, again because of time-frame.

How about the Lemmings Touch incident? That game had been on sale for a full week when it was announced to be one of the PS+ games back in Feb, and was still on sale (on it's last day) when the PS+ games went live.

As for this months line up, I already have half the games and aren't really interested in the other half. I actually preferred last months line-up to this one because Yakuza 5.

How about the Lemmings Touch incident? That game had been on sale for a full week when it was announced to be one of the PS+ games back in Feb, and was still on sale (on it's last day) when the PS+ games went live.

As for this months line up, I already have half the games and aren't really interested in the other half. I actually preferred last months line-up to this one because Yakuza 5.

I guess thats another example? However, ppl are missing an additional factor-- a games reception. Journey is a highly rated game, making it worse, and not any other game with similar situations as serious. If this was the case for a game like Gone Home, it wouldnt matter or as much. So the Journey sales were already going to increase purchases. Then putting it on plus regardless is a direct kick to the balls, regardless if the inevitable group of ppl who didnt buy it , didnt buy it.

_

I would not be surprised if that is part of the deal publishers make with Sony when making their games available on plus. Between it being agreed and going live it will be on sale x times. Squeeze every last dime out of it first

• Like 1