Time to platinum

NickMeister77

So this is one of the games that will be free on PS+ September 2016, and judging by the fact that more than half of the current owners of the game have the platinum, it looks like a very easy one. I just wanted to ask those who have already platted this, roughly how long (In hours) did it take you to platinum it. Thanks.

I found the characters pretty interesting and enjoyed the story, particularly how things could be so different from one path to the next.  Looks like it took me 10 days to plat, and I typically play a handheld for an hour or two per day so probably 15 hours for 100% completion. Makes me a bit sad that most that have mentioned Amnesia after the IGC announcement are most excited about the easy plat and not the actual game itself.

Makes me a bit sad that most that have mentioned Amnesia after the IGC announcement are most excited about the easy plat and not the actual game itself.

That's how it's going to be whenever a VN gets on IGC...

In fact... this could actually be the first case where putting a game on Plus decreases Paltinum rarity instead of increasing it.

Nope! With the exception of 1 or 2 storylines, it's not that good.

I found the characters pretty interesting and enjoyed the story, particularly how things could be so different from one path to the next.  Looks like it took me 10 days to plat, and I typically play a handheld for an hour or two per day so probably 15 hours for 100% completion. Makes me a bit sad that most that have mentioned Amnesia after the IGC announcement are most excited about the easy plat and not the actual game itself.

Hmmmm, who to believe........ :|

Well, I played Norn9: Var Commons and Code: Realize, and I enjoyed them more. These are also otome VNs.

I'll second this. Norn9 for its sheer ridiculousness, and Code: Realize for half-decent writing and amazing art. (I really liked Code: Realize's art. ).

Admittedly I couldn't understand the heavy Stockholm Syndrome the heroines had in Code:Realize, but Amnesia has an even worse Stockholm Syndrome arc...

but Amnesia has an even worse Stockholm Syndrome arc...

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooma-kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun~

The only correct choice is to try it yourself.

Enjoyment of VNs and especially otome ones solely depend on the player.

That's the beauty of VNs, you can never judge them from other players' opinions =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Might as well just try it and see for yourself.  It won't take you long to form an opinion one way or the other.

I'll second this. Norn9 for its sheer ridiculousness, and Code: Realize for half-decent writing and amazing art. (I really liked Code: Realize's art. ).

Admittedly I couldn't understand the heavy Stockholm Syndrome the heroines had in Code:Realize, but Amnesia has an even worse Stockholm Syndrome arc...

Didn't Cardia just have Stockholm Syndrome in one route, just like the protagonist in Amnesia and one of Mikoto's routes in Norn9?  Seems to be par for the course for the genre, and they are usually all the routes that are my least favorite (though Mikoto's wasn't as egregious as the others).

Makes me a bit sad that most that have mentioned Amnesia after the IGC announcement are most excited about the easy plat and not the actual game itself.

I am interested in the game itself but that is just because i made the mistake of combining Amnesia: The Dark Descent which i loved and hated the same amount to Amnesia: Memories... took a few days before i realised that these games have nothing in common :(

So i will read it to the end!! :D

I am interested in the game itself but that is just because i made the mistake of combining Amnesia: The Dark Descent which i loved and hated the same amount to Amnesia: Memories... took a few days before i realised that these games have nothing in common :(

So i will read it to the end!! :D

I guess there are some light horror elements in the final route that unlocks after you finish the other 4.  haha.

Good on you for reading all the way through.  I don't think I'd want to add a plat that I didn't feel like I earned.

Didn't Cardia just have Stockholm Syndrome in one route, just like the protagonist in Amnesia and one of Mikoto's routes in Norn9?  Seems to be par for the course for the genre, and they are usually all the routes that are my least favorite (though Mikoto's wasn't as egregious as the others).

Yeah.... but wasn't Cardia's entrapment solved a bit faster than in comparison to Amnesia. (Plus getting stuck in a tiny cage with a stuffed animal sucks more than being stuck in a room in a nice mansion.) As for Norn9, I forgot about that because I usually assume everyone on the Norn is a bit crazier than the rest.

For what it's worth, I'm not a completionist (see my completion percentage, hashtag and topics if you're not sure) and I'm just glad I can try a full-length visual novel for free, I hope it's a better experience than the mini ones I tried on Steam.

Interactive Movie might be more my thing though if we're talking about the "much story, little gameplay" genre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it boring?

Speaking from my experience, if you don't care about the story and you are just going for the platinum, then yes it will be boring. The most time consuming part is reading through all of the worlds and and getting all the endings, after that all of the remaining trophies are very easy to do. I only played this for the platinum, and it was extremely boring for me since I didn't care about the story.

• Like 2