Red line of fire?

KashSenpai

I'm going to purchase a PS4 in a few weeks and i recently came across some videos saying something like a red line exists on the PS4, which is similar to the red ring of fire on xbox, i remember the reason why i didn't purchase xbox is partly coz of that, so how about this? What does it mean? I'm confused :S

Anyways to fix it if from blinking blue for 60 seconds? How long does it take to overheat in general in maybe room temperature for example?

I've ran mine for about 10 hours in a room around 80 degrees without overheating, but I keep it very well ventilated and clean it regularly. Make sure it has a lot of room to breath and take breaks and let it cool off if you think it's getting hot.

• Like 1

Anyways to fix it if from blinking blue for 60 seconds? How long does it take to overheat in general in maybe room temperature for example?

Are you just going by Youtube accounts of overheating or something? Mine runs for about 10 hours daily, sometimes idling, sometimes playing a game in a 70 degree house and it has never overheated. I have had it over 2 years. Just keep it ventilated and blown out with some compressed air. You can also pay $50 and get a 2 year warranty through Sony that would cover nearly all types of damage. If you are that worried about it, wait and get the PS4 Slim. It's coming out really soon. They say it is cooler and runs more quiet.