Game is Unplayable on PS3

AbleArcher97

My PS3 TftB has been rendered unplayable. The constant crashes every time I pause and agonizing Skyrim-esqe load times were bad enough, but now whenever I select Play from the options menu, the game goes to the episode I'm on, and the music keeps playing but no button does anything except for the home button. Also, oddly enough, the shoulder button prompts to switch between episodes are not visible, but this hardly matters I guess since no button does anything at all. I'm really upset by this because story-wise this game is a total masterpiece, but performance wise it's unacceptably atrocious.

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone has had this happen to them, and if so how to fix it.

Platted the game and had no problems.

Try deleting the game and reinstalling it.

There's nothing to delete.  The game doesn't leave anything in the game data utility folder.  I'm defraging the hard-drive right now, but if that doesn't work I'm out of options except for nuking my save file, something I really, really don't want to do.

There's nothing to delete.  The game doesn't leave anything in the game data utility folder.  I'm defraging the hard-drive right now, but if that doesn't work I'm out of options except for nuking my save file, something I really, really don't want to do.

Isn't it a digital only game on the PS3?

Isn't it a digital only game on the PS3?

No.  I bought this game retail from Walmart.

UPDATE

Well... isn't this a delight.  I've defraged the hard-drive, and NOW when I select 'Play' the game doesn't go to the episode select screen and leave me stranded there, instead it leaves me on the main menu screen with Fiona and Rhys.  All the text disappears and I'm treated to a never-ending shot of the camera panning around the protagonists while they look heroically into the horizon... for eternity.

On a side note, I tried switching to an empty save slot and I didn't have this problem, so I'm just about certain my save file is corrupted.  I've contacted TellTale support as a last ditch effort but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm pretty sure that on the last crash (the 800 billionth one) the game was saving or something and now my save is permanently fucked and I have to start over.

Edited by PantherPilot97

The only problem I had was it not letting me play episodes because my brother paid for the season pass and I had to redownload episodes every once in a while for no apparent reason.

As for crashes, I had 1 in the last chapter while changing characters, but I would consider that minor since I just reloaded the game and it worked fine.

Try redownloading the game if you have not tried that yet. Best advice I can give you.

• Like 1

No.  I bought this game retail from Walmart.

UPDATE

Well... isn't this a delight.  I've defraged the hard-drive, and NOW when I select 'Play' the game doesn't go to the episode select screen and leave me stranded there, instead it leaves me on the main menu screen with Fiona and Rhys.  All the text disappears and I'm treated to a never-ending shot of the camera panning around the protagonists while they look heroically into the horizon... for eternity.

On a side note, I tried switching to an empty save slot and I didn't have this problem, so I'm just about certain my save file is corrupted.  I've contacted TellTale support as a last ditch effort but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm pretty sure that on the last crash (the 800 billionth one) the game was saving or something and now my save is permanently fucked and I have to start over.

I did not know there was a retail PS3 version.

If it is any consolation, I believe the retail PS4 version shares the PS3 trophy list, so you could use that to finish off the trophies.

I did not know there was a retail PS3 version.

If it is any consolation, I believe the retail PS4 version shares the PS3 trophy list, so you could use that to finish off the trophies.

Judging from his trophy list, he doesn't own a PS4 but at least he has an 'excuse' to get one now haha.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound like anyone else has had nearly as many crashes as I've had, so I'm guessing that was just a sign that my PS3's hard-drive was just fragmented all to hell.  I'm mean... now that I think about it I HAD unplugged it a bunch of times... downloaded a bunch of free demo crap... deleted a bunch of free demo crap... so I guess maybe this is actually on me.

Anyhoo, I bit the bullet and deleted my save file, so I guess that means I'm starting over.  If the story to this game wasn't so damn good I'd be extremely pissed instead of just highly irritated.

Judging from his trophy list, he doesn't own a PS4 but at least he has an 'excuse' to get one now haha.

Lol yeah I'm going to get one when the PS4K or PS Neo or whatever they're calling it now comes out.

Edited by PantherPilot97
  • Like 1

The game runs so, so much better now that I've defraged my PS3.  I was gonna say it ran great, but when I paused the game to type this comment it crashed again, so it's still definitely got issues, but it's a huge step up from before where it crashed every other time I paused.  Load times are about a third of what they were before: before the defrag they were worse than Skyrim, now they're bearable.

Have you considered the disc could be faulty?

Not a chance: I just bought this thing brand new from Walmart, and I sure as hell didn't let it get scratched.  Unless there's been some sort of defect on the part of the manufacturer, the disk should be in mint condition.

Edited by PantherPilot97

I have the ps3 and ps4 digital versions and had no problem but I have heard from some friends that know about some random discs giving problems. (another game example is Wolfenstein). You could be one of the unlucky ones. 

DF007gamer.png

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...