System Rift is the 1st Story DLC

Heazie-Man

https://theverticalslice.com/2016/09/02/system-rift-is-the-1st-story-dlc-for-deus-ex-mankind-divided/

Today, Square Enix® and Eidos®-Montréal announced that Frank Pritchard, the iconic Deus Ex® character, will return in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™.

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, you will reunite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the Illuminati really are.

Andreas Apergis, the actor behind Frank Pritchard, will join Elias Toufexis and Sascha Dikiciyan for a panel at PAX West tomorrowEidos-Montréal Presents: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will take place at the Hydra Theater on Saturday, September 3rd at 3:00PM. They will discuss the upcoming DLC and the return of Pritchard to Deus Ex.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift will be available on September 23rd on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, and online stores for $11.99 and in the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass, which is composed of Narrative DLCs and in-game items. More details on the contents of the Season Pass can be found here.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is available for PlayStation®4, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

I have to say, it doesn't fill me with confidence when story DLC is released this soon after the game launches. I haven't even gotten around to starting it yet. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty light on the content and overpriced for what it is.  -_-

Wow, that was fast. Good to know Prickard is back. Here's hoping he won't be such a prick anymore.

I always thought Pritchard was kind of an ass near the beginning of Human Revolution, but over the course of the game, he grew on me. Dare I say he actually become one of the most trustworthy characters in the game? I actually like him.  :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

I always thought Pritchard was kind of an ass near the beginning of Human Revolution, but over the course of the game, he grew on me. Dare I say he actually become one of the most trustworthy characters in the game? I actually like him.  :P

I always found it sad he was one of the few characters that didn't plan to use or double-cross Jensen. Everything about him just screamed "I'm using you for my own interests". But yeah near the end of Human Revolution he actually cared a bit about Jensen (or at least it seemed that way).

Sounds like typical bullshit of Square ripping stuff from the main game and selling it later for more money, because $60 and their scummy microtransactions aren't enough .. Just disgusting practice.

There's no way DLC should be anywhere near ready if they just intended on making good game first, then exploring DLC at a later date once the base game was done. So sick of the current games industry just being so shitty with their practices.

• Like 1

Sounds like typical bullshit of Square ripping stuff from the main game and selling it later for more money, because $60 and their scummy microtransactions aren't enough .. Just disgusting practice.

There's no way DLC should be anywhere near ready if they just intended on making good game first, then exploring DLC at a later date once the base game was done. So sick of the current games industry just being so shitty with their practices.

Normally I have absolutely no problem with DLC but I agree with you on this one. The files will already be there and the DLC will just be a 50kb unlock key. That's pretty shitty